Birds of Prey: And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

dfoles

Scanner Ninja
Contributor
Premium Supporter
May 15, 2013
GA
Release date: May 12, 2020
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99

BB_BirdsofPrey.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. Here is what I ordered over the last month or so, everything shipped in bubble mailers and damaged.

1) Star Wars 4K Collectors Edition and 4K Rise of Skywalker steelbook
2) 4K Rise of Skywalker Steelbook
3) 4 Disney 4K steelbooks
4) 1917 steelbook

I ordered this and the slip edition separately. I’m sure both were shipped in bubble mailers and could arrive damaged considering my luck with them lately.

I knew I couldn’t be the only one. I could count on one hand the amount of times they’ve shipped steelbooks to me (or any other item for that matter) in a bubble mailer up until back in March of this year. Now, literally everything they ship to me is in a bubble mailer. Literally every steelbook I’ve ordered has come this way. I had to call for replacements of the Disney ones I ordered due to the damage they took. After waiting for a callback 2 hours later, they offered to send replacements, but 2 of the 5 I ordered were OOS. I elected to get what I could & agreed to replacements being sent of the 3 that were in stock & guess what! Those were shipped in bubble mailers too with various amounts of damage.

I ordered an Apple TV 4K last week & THAT TOO WAS SHIPPED IN A BUBBLE MAILER!

I don't really understand why this is sold out on Best Buy, most newer releases always have a quantity to buy on release day. Is it reduced production issues due to COVID-19? Are people buying more because they're bored at home? Did this SteelBook strike a particular chord with people? What is it?

Regardless, I've missed the boat. If anyone has a second copy they're not intending to fleece people online with, please let me know.

Stay well and safe.

My guess is what dfoles mentioned above in that maybe most stores never got their inventory in for it yet due to various delays. I’d definitely keep checking the site/app to see if it pops back in stock.

My guess is what dfoles mentioned above in that maybe most stores never got their inventory in for it yet due to various delays. I’d definitely keep checking the site/app to see if it pops back in stock.

I missed that comment, thanks for the feedback.

I've got a Best Buy Birds of Prey tab perma-open in my browser with a regular refresh, let's hope if populates with some quantities. :dunno:

I missed that comment, thanks for the feedback.

I've got a Best Buy Birds of Prey tab perma-open in my browser with a regular refresh, let's hope if populates with some quantities. :dunno:

I'm betting it will eventually show back up as in stock. There clearly are production issues/delays, which are understandable right now.

Reactions: Thwip

I see it as "Only available for shipping" but the product still shows as Sold Out and I don't have the ability to add one to my cart. :ohno:

Try your desktop computer. I had the same issues. It wouldn’t show up as in stock in the app nor would it show up in stock via my browser on my phone.

Try your desktop computer. I had the same issues. It wouldn’t show up as in stock in the app nor would it show up in stock via my browser on my phone.

Thanks for all of the feedback and for trying to help; HDN is the best.

I actually was using my desktop browser, so I tried my iPhone browser, still no luck...yet. Perhaps it's a regional thing, and my area isn't yet available for shipping; I'll keep trying.

PS: I don't have an app, or I do, but it's the Canadian one. Thankfully I have a coworker friend in the US who I ship SteelBooks to when I need to. :naughty:

Reactions: MrMercury
Thanks for all of the feedback and for trying to help; HDN is the best.

I actually was using my desktop browser, so I tried my iPhone browser, still no luck...yet. Perhaps it's a regional thing, and my area isn't yet available for shipping; I'll keep trying.

PS: I don't have an app, or I do, but it's the Canadian one. Thankfully I have a coworker friend in the US who I ship SteelBooks to when I need to. :naughty:

You got it! Hopefully you can secure one!!

Not the best unboxing but it appears this is full gloss, @willbar84 didn't you say the Aussie version was matte?

Thanks mate yeah appears US is full gloss. Aussie / RoW? is Zero finish with metallic highlights on Police Car, Gotham Background and Floral Artwork on the back. This looks amazing in gloss btw but still happy with my copy plus I didn’t want to wait any longer than I had to, to watch in 4K.

Reactions: tommyh84
A lot of upcoming Steels don’t have store pickup as an option. Are we finally seeing the nail in the coffin for physical media in stores and going to mail only that’s been rumored for a bit?