Birds of Prey: And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn (4K and Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 30) [Hong Kong]

tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: August 31, 2020
Purchase links: Box Set - Single Lenti - Full Slip - Double Lenti (Pre-order July 24 at 8 PM, Hong Kong time - UTC +8)
Price: $165.97 (Box Set) - $52.99 (Single Lenti - Full Slip) - $47.99 (Double Lenti)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Single Lenti - Full Slip - Double Lenti
Notes: Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker
Chinese O-Ring Cover with DL only

Box Set: 500 Units, all editions. (Limited to 1 copy per order). WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title". Box: Hologram coating, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing. Includes all editions (Full Slip, Lenticular Full Slip, Double Lenticular Full Slip)
Double Lenti: 900 Units, Numbered 1-900. (Limited to 2 copies per order). 3D Lenticular x 2, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing
Single Lenti: 800 Units, Numbered 1-800. (Limited to 2 copies per order). 3D Lenticular, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing
Full Slip: 800 Units, Numbered 1-800. (Limited to 2 copies per order). Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing

BOP_overall_box_2000x.jpgBOP_overall_DLFS_2000x.jpgBOP_overall_LFS_2000x.jpgBOP_overall_FS_2000x.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Bloody right too! Glad HDN are taking a stand with them. All the interest this site generated for them over the years and they just stick the middle finger up! Good riddance.

Whilst I do agree and I’ve gone off them a lot because of their practices (as you say the dark knight issue) and this site helped them find their fans a huge amount and I still do buy the odd one but I feel sorry for the collectors who have nothing to do with this issue who now miss out on their releases (or info/ live times) because they only use this site. I buy the odd release still here and there and as much as I skip 99% of their releases I do like to be kept in the loop with it all (Release schedule & beauty shots) and unfortunately I’ve had to go elsewhere for that info. Even if I’m not interested in the release which is most the time lol.

I also get why HDN have locked the threads and it pains me that zeta went so quiet on this site with info and GBs considering what this site did for them but it makes no sense to me why the older threads of editions long gone have been locked, imo it should be the current release threads from when this all started. That’s my only thought on it all. I have no idea what’s happened (we all have our guesses) and the link @IRON MAN posted with wrecks comment is the first I’ve seen with a small explanation of why this has happened (which I’m happy to see instead of it being some secret) but that’s just my thought. Nothing more nothing less

New rule just for one person, if @willbar84 trolls this thread again, reply ban from any Harley thread. :p

1592347607751.gif

so I’m spose to be a stray with no home :offtopic: I can’t post in here and definitely can’t post in the BoP HDZ thread. @wxlinkswd and @n3wk1d ain’t coming back they haven’t logged on since April 11. HDZ is where my passion for steelbooks is bar none, they just resonate with me on a level no other retailer can provide which explains why I’m buying less of others and more and more of Zeta Premium’s. I swear HDZeta has turned into like somewhat of a cult round here because of this tiff that will lead nowhere. Yes I understand the past and what has happened but why do US collectors have to suffer because of these locked horns that won’t lead anywhere. I’ve kept my peace over this issue for over two months now but something has to change, I don’t know what something anything is better than what exists now.

View attachment 475307

so I’m spose to be a stray with no home :offtopic: I can’t post in here and definitely can’t post in the BoP HDZ thread. @wxlinkswd and @n3wk1d ain’t coming back they haven’t logged on since April 11. HDZ is where my passion for steelbooks is bar none, they just resonate with me on a level no other retailer can provide which explains why I’m buying less of others and more and more of Zeta Premium’s. I swear HDZeta has turned into like somewhat of a cult round here because of this tiff that will lead nowhere. Yes I understand the past and what has happened but why do US collectors have to suffer because of these locked horns that won’t lead anywhere. I’ve kept my peace over this issue for over two months now but something has to change, I don’t know what something anything is better than what exists now.

yeah man I’m with you. I still like zeta editions as you know but I’d feel the same about manta or Blufans etc. And it’s been going on so long I think a lot of us have kept quiet in the hope that something is sorted. I feel good saying what I said about it.
kept that in for months and I hate that feeling that you feel like you can’t talk about them over here because the threads are locked. We have a huge fan base for them here, it’s not like we can’t still talk about them but the feeling I had was like my posts would get deleted or edited and I’m not about that. The collectors shouldn’t have to feel bad about posting about their favourite premium retailer in the fear you get moaned at. We done nothing wrong lol

Which is why I don’t get why the older threads are locked. Stuff from years ago. No one can ask now where to get this or if anyone is wants to buy whatever edition or if someone’s missing one or if a deal comes up etc. That’s the part I don’t like. Making the collectors suffer

locking the threads just drives members away that are here for those releases and info. But I get why HDN would want to lock the new release threads

yeah man I’m with you. I still like zeta editions as you know but I’d feel the same about manta or Blufans etc. And it’s been going on so long I think a lot of us have kept quiet in the hope that something is sorted. I feel good saying what I said about it.
kept that in for months and I hate that feeling that you feel like you can’t talk about them over here because the threads are locked. We have a huge fan base for them here, it’s not like we can’t still talk about them but the feeling I had was like my posts would get deleted or edited and I’m not about that. The collectors shouldn’t have to feel bad about posting about their favourite premium retailer in the fear you get moaned at. We done nothing wrong lol

Which is why I don’t get why the older threads are locked. Stuff from years ago. No one can ask now where to get this or if anyone is wants to buy whatever edition or if someone’s missing one or if a deal comes up etc. That’s the part I don’t like. Making the collectors suffer

This to a T, I’ve gotta head back to work so will keep this brief. Prime example @3Maters finally got one of the ultimate grails BvS HDZ OC and posted in the HDZ thread, I congratulated them and started chatting away then mid convo BAM locked thread, like WTF. To me that’s quite rude and disrespectful to completely shut someone out especially when they are on cloud 9 accomplishing such feat which is no easy task I must add as I know quite well having to do such thing. Something has to change enough is enough!

I show no loyalty to any company and definitely not to any steelbook retailer, premium or otherwise whether it be HDZeta, Blufans or Zavvi or Best Buy.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion and are free to post their opinions on here. Everybody is free to reply to posts and opinions on here as well and I believe there are people who need to get a thicker skin. That's my opinion.

Now having said that, in my opinion, with all the negative comments made over the years from some people here, including me, towards Zavvi and HDZeta, I'm surprised HDZeta didn't tell HDN where the **** to go long ago. I know I would have if I were them.

Pretty much every time HDZeta had a release coming out for the last 2 years they were always slow to reply to questions about Group Buy times and release dates and shipping and so on. Sure it was frustrating but I felt a lot of the comments from some of the HDN staff to the HDZeta hosts were quite hostile and rude most of the time when they didn't need to be.

I always wondered why HDZeta put up with it. Perhaps it was because they wanted to keep doing business.
When the time came that they felt they no longer needed to put up with the abuse anymore they left.

No surprise to me.

That's all I'm going to say about that. If anybody feels it's worth their time to reply with a different opinion I understand but I won't debate it and I won't reply to it.

But if anybody wonders where I'm coming from just go back and read through those HDZeta threads and you'll see what I'm talking about.

As far as I know, Manta doesn't do O'rings so after coversations... Is there definitely one inside DL?
I rather buy SL to have a 4K release (with Spanish in both discs!!!)

I guess I’ll be spending too much time in this thread today clearing up conspiracies and giving you all clarity and transparency.

and to think one of their complaints had nothing to do with hdn but instead all the “negative Nancy” members

screw those guys and gals at Instagram or Twitter, they’re rude! Blame the platform right ?:rolleyes:

I’ll be back w full transparency when I’m more settled in for the day.

So HDzeta editions won't have their threads on HDN? I mean, despite the fact that HDzeta won't have GB's here, I thought forums were place to talk about upcoming releases and staying updated.
I'm just a bit surprised, not complaining or else.

Ok, here is the gist of it all. Since many like to speculate and post their believed facts.

History lesson, we had the opportunity before Hdzeta release #1 to help bankroll and partner with the new label at the time. I politely turned it down because the risk was high. It was with a member who brought it to us, whether or not he relayed that back to hdzeta owner idk. But we were asked by this person. Instead I offered that I would help fully support and promote their releases on HDN ...

On the backs of HDN many labels have been built. Now I'm not suggesting that if a label opened up today in 2020 that its success is solely built on HDN. By no means... Different times. However there was a time where the success of a title had a lot to do with HDN. We have a large part in that today, but not as much as before. We are still the most viewed Steelbook forum on the net and our stats prove it. (not overall site, steelbook board forum...)

So what went wrong according to you all?

And why according to stygian were some HDN staff "rude" as he puts it ...

Well for starters there are only 2 staff members here, the rest are mods of different decrees. Staff members have the staff badge and those are the owners. Myself and Andy.

I would take a guess that the rude posts in questions are that of perhaps Andy as he responded more times then I did in public threads on HD GBs then I did ... But I wont exclude myself im sure I must have posted a few times.

Group Buys can only be opened by a Staff , or super mod. Forum based permission of the software.

All group buys host contact us and let us know when they want to open group buys ... so we make time to do so if by a certain time. If we cant do it, we try to include mods who have the permission in the system.

All group buys hosts contact us and let us know .... all ........... EXCEPT Xin and Newkid who managed the Hdzeta ones. Instead they would post in the threads, telling you all it will open at certain time ... never contacting us. Millions of posts here, thousands of threads, we dont read them all. And guess what neither staff member is a complete collector of hdzeta. We both own hdzeta editons, we both like them, but I like them by title, not all. So if EVERYONE knows to contact us to open a group buy , yet you are the only ones who REPEATEDLY post in the thread the open time ... never contacting staff, then members get pissed when GB never opens on time, it shouoldnt be a shock as to why. We have told them, not 1 , not 2, not 3 , not 5 ... maybe 10+? times to contact us to schedule a time for your group buy ... dont bury your time in a thread and make members anticipate that only for it not to happen.

So that is why their was angst in posts, because everyone else followed the rules but they didnt. And hey, I hold no ill will ... but it IS what it IS ... there were times Andy would discover the post like the day of ... and he would email me , like oh sh!t they didnt tell us again, and he has a work meeting and thus he would set it live earlier then the time otherwise he cant do it at all .... all could have been avoided had they followed the rules like everyone else and shoot us an email, a PM, a DM, ANYTHING telling us in advance the time they want to go live.

I am the majority owner at HDN, and HDN is not even my day job. In fact my job has one of the weirdest schedules you'd ever imagine. I work a mix of days and nights, so its not like when the email Andy would send is read by me immediately and I could say "dont worry I'll set it live" because there were times where I saw the email when i woke up having been on night shifts. This is why and how I can conversate with many of you all in real time no matter your timezone cause mine is always flip flopping.

And also not simply hdzeta but MANY other labels have complained about how SOME (def not all) of you are negative to their releases. I've always defended that if you want open criticism then it is what it is ... are you a retailer, or not? All retailers have fans, and also get criticism and heck even have some that are NOT FANS. However some label heads are too caught up i guess in their feelings that they cant separate that as part of the job I suppose. I've made releases, and I've dealt with it all, and I know first hand the work that is involved to pull it off, so I get that you pour a lot into it ... and then to have people not satisfied can suck, but I also knew that you will NEVER please everyone. This post wont please everyone. In fact you also have people who have ulterior motives, and they'll hate on you no matter if they know you are right. Smear campaigns and all the like. I've seen them all.

As for the threads, and that directive ....

My vision was skewed, it was taken somewhat out of context, but I didnt feel like it mattered enough to create a stink with my team, etc.

1) We do not know the owner of HDzeta.
2) We know/knew Xin and Alex. Alex to my best information was simply a go between with the money to Xin due to Chinese restrictions with paypal. Alex quit collecting long ago. Seems like HDzeta stuff hasnt been worth his time.
3) all our Pms, emails, etc. have gone pretty much unanswered , but what leverage do I have? Pretty much none, oh well, group buys are not the bread and butter here, im not freaking out to get something solved fast. So what did I do? I simply said UNTIL I GET A REPLY, I will lock all new threads. Create them, lock them, and when they REPLY they can all be opened. They could reply "sorry we dont like you" or WHATEVER ... I dont care, with a reply I would open them. But no asnswer at all is just weird, and disrespectful. So why should I continue to help promote their releases? This is a private site, while we serve the members, doesnt mean I should keep getting sh!t on. Just want a reply.
4) Out of context, it was posted , "until group buys return no hdzeta threads. " My vision, when I get a REPLY ... that was what I wrote in mod section. (didnt matter if gbs came or not) ... so my text was skewed by another. Oh well, life goes on, I didnt feel the need to correct at that moment and create more disarray. Not that I think that was a bad direction either, but it was never my original intention.
5) We heard rumors , many times, that another source pays them off to keep this stranglehold. Maybe thats true. We are cut from a different cloth. Now granted not to say that we couldnt counter and beat that offer. ;) :p (and that pissing match would be added costs to members, and I guess secretly is over there one way or anotehr) but the point is we arent that cut throat to the whole SB community overall. Which overall imo has become more of a chore to try and be a leader at the forefront for the SB Community overall, but thats a diff topic altogether. What can I say ... you all are tiring me out. :p
6) must be the HDN gb fees right? Really? Cause we cut those 50% and offered even lower the last time to the hosts who did host ... super cheap. So no.

And for the record, it was also stated to lock only new threads, unless members decided to bump old ones to simply derail those with new posts. I dont have to promote a Company who want simply reply to us, esp if their $uccess over the years had a BIG TO DO with HDN. Its hard navigating that water while also trying to please you all.

And how come you havent made this public post sooner ? Because not everything should be made public. While many of you will read this, understand this, perhaps feel better of my actions, there are haters with agendas who will use this to spread fodder and create more waves for us. Waves I dont need. I have a mother dying of cancer right now and the last thing I need is group buy drama. I have enough stress in my life already.

What else do you need to know?

Last edited:
Lastly we are in talks with someone else to potentially host hdzeta gbs for you all, its slow going, but on going (i guess pandemic ) so I was also not in a rush or care to need to inform as I had hoped this would have been a quick resolve.

and for the record, xin has not worked on the hdzeta movie side for some time ... he still works for the boss but some other business (his words) travels a lot, rarely gets time to get in on that. His absence and speed of replies etc has more to do with that.

Ok, here is the gist of it all. Since many like to speculate and post their believed facts.

History lesson, we had the opportunity before Hdzeta release #1 to help bankroll and partner with the new label at the time. I politely turned it down because the risk was high. It was with a member who brought it to us, whether or not he relayed that back to hdzeta owner idk. But we were asked by this person. Instead I offered that I would help fully support and promote their releases on HDN ...

On the backs of HDN many labels have been built. Now I'm not suggesting that if a label opened up today in 2020 that its success is solely built on HDN. By no means... Different times. However there was a time where the success of a title had a lot to do with HDN. We have a large part in that today, but not as much as before. We are still the most viewed Steelbook forum on the net and our stats prove it. (not overall site, steelbook board forum...)

So what went wrong according to you all?

And why according to stygian were some HDN staff "rude" as he puts it ...

Well for starters there are only 2 staff members here, the rest are mods of different decrees. Staff members have the staff badge and those are the owners. Myself and Andy.

I would take a guess that the rude posts in questions are that of perhaps Andy as he responded more times then I did in public threads on HD GBs then I did ... But I wont exclude myself im sure I must have posted a few times.

Group Buys can only be opened by a Staff , or super mod. Forum based permission of the software.

All group buys host contact us and let us know when they want to open group buys ... so we make time to do so if by a certain time. If we cant do it, we try to include mods who have the permission in the system.

All group buys hosts contact us and let us know .... all ........... EXCEPT Xin and Newkid who managed the Hdzeta ones. Instead they would post in the threads, telling you all it will open at certain time ... never contacting us. Millions of posts here, thousands of threads, we dont read them all. And guess what neither staff member is a complete collector of hdzeta. We both own hdzeta editons, we both like them, but I like them by title, not all. So if EVERYONE knows to contact us to open a group buy , yet you are the only ones who REPEATEDLY post in the thread the open time ... never contacting staff, then members get pissed when GB never opens on time, it shouoldnt be a shock as to why. We have told them, not 1 , not 2, not 3 , not 5 ... maybe 10+? times to contact us to schedule a time for your group buy ... dont bury your time in a thread and make members anticipate that only for it not to happen.

So that is why their was angst in posts, because everyone else followed the rules but they didnt. And hey, I hold no ill will ... but it IS what it IS ... there were times Andy would discover the post like the day of ... and he would email me , like oh sh!t they didnt tell us again, and he has a work meeting and thus he would set it live earlier then the time otherwise he cant do it at all .... all could have been avoided had they followed the rules like everyone else and shoot us an email, a PM, a DM, ANYTHING telling us in advance the time they want to go live.

I am the majority owner at HDN, and HDN is not even my day job. In fact my job has one of the weirdest schedules you'd ever imagine. I work a mix of days and nights, so its not like when the email Andy would send is read by me immediately and I could say "dont worry I'll set it live" because there were times where I saw the email when i woke up having been on night shifts. This is why and how I can conversate with many of you all in real time no matter your timezone cause mine is always flip flopping.

And also not simply hdzeta but MANY other labels have complained about how SOME (def not all) of you are negative to their releases. I've always defended that if you want open criticism then it is what it is ... are you a retailer, or not? All retailers have fans, and also get criticism and heck even have some that are NOT FANS. However some label heads are too caught up i guess in their feelings that they cant separate that as part of the job I suppose. I've made releases, and I've dealt with it all, and I know first hand the work that is involved to pull it off, so I get that you pour a lot into it ... and then to have people not satisfied can suck, but I also knew that you will NEVER please everyone. This post wont please everyone. In fact you also have people who have ulterior motives, and they'll hate on you no matter if they know you are right. Smear campaigns and all the like. I've seen them all.

As for the threads, and that directive ....

My vision was skewed, it was taken somewhat out of context, but I didnt feel like it mattered enough to create a stink with my team, etc.

1) We do not know the owner of HDzeta.
2) We know/knew Xin and Alex. Alex to my best information was simply a go between with the money to Xin due to Chinese restrictions with paypal. Alex quit collecting long ago. Seems like HDzeta stuff hasnt been worth his time.
3) all our Pms, emails, etc. have gone pretty much unanswered , but what leverage do I have? Pretty much none, oh well, group buys are not the bread and butter here, im not freaking out to get something solved fast. So what did I do? I simply said UNTIL I GET A REPLY, I will lock all new threads. Create them, lock them, and when they REPLY they can all be opened. They could reply "sorry we dont like you" or WHATEVER ... I dont care, with a reply I would open them. But no asnswer at all is just weird, and disrespectful. So why should I continue to help promote their releases? This is a private site, while we serve the members, doesnt mean I should keep getting sh!t on. Just want a reply.
4) Out of context, it was posted , "until group buys return no hdzeta threads. " My vision, when I get a REPLY ... that was what I wrote in mod section. (didnt matter if gbs came or not) ... so my text was skewed by another. Oh well, life goes on, I didnt feel the need to correct at that moment and create more disarray. Not that I think that was a bad direction either, but it was never my original intention.
5) We heard rumors , many times, that another source pays them off to keep this stranglehold. Maybe thats true. We are cut from a different cloth. Now granted not to say that we couldnt counter and beat that offer. ;) :p (and that pissing match would be added costs to members, and I guess secretly is over there one way or anotehr) but the point is we arent that cut throat to the whole SB community overall. Which overall imo has become more of a chore to try and be a leader at the forefront for the SB Community overall, but thats a diff topic altogether. What can I say ... you all are tiring me out. :p
6) must be the HDN gb fees right? Really? Cause we cut those 50% and offered even lower the last time to the hosts who did host ... super cheap. So no.

And for the record, it was also stated to lock only new threads, unless members decided to bump old ones to simply derail those with new posts. I dont have to promote a Company who want simply reply to us, esp if their $uccess over the years had a BIG TO DO with HDN. Its hard navigating that water while also trying to please you all.

And how come you havent made this public post sooner ? Because not everything should me made public. While many of you will read this, understand this, perhaps feel better of my actions, there are haters with agendas who will use this to spread fodder and create more waves for us. Waves I dont need. I have a mother dying of cancer right now and the last thing I need is group buy drama. I have enough stress in my life already.

What else do you need to know?

I remember countless times Andy mentioning in the threads that they needed to contact you guys about GBs and that messages to them go unanswered. I always found that so odd and rude of them. Never understood it

I also remember getting banned from a thread years ago (deserved on my part - I was going off about something) and I remember you telling me that certain retailers etc had complained about negativity here and that always made me laugh. The fact that it upset certain retailers. What do they expect? They run a company. Surely they knew backlash from hardcore collectors would be a thing. Surely they see their own customers service and understand its swings and roundabouts. I’ve worked in Customer service pretty much my adult life, for retailers and I’m very aware that feedback is key. Good and bad. It’s always going to happen. The fact some of these retailers weren’t happy with it or wanted to silence some negativity is laughable. Again a reason why I love this community because we don’t beat around the bush. If we like something we say and if we don’t we also say.

I had heard your 5th point rumour before too. And tbh it crossed my mind with a certain forum. I also think that some of the sour f**kers that either got banned here or left here have had a influence Where they have become mods etc and over time (years) have spread bad sh!t about this site to (as an example zeta) and then tying that in with we can pay your for GBs.

but thanks for clearing all that up. Appreciate it. I can see why the older threads may of been closed in some instances by accident because of newer releases being bumped in them. That was the one part I found odd about all this. that the older threads were closed but it makes sense now. I think the communication thing was obvious to a lot of us that are big members here and have seen it in the threads over the years but honestly thanks for clearing it all up.

sorry to hear about your mum too.