Black Panther (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #48) [China]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: Late September 2018 (TBC)
Price: TBA
Note: The special empty box is available only when you buy Box set and 1/4 Slip together.
Group buy: One Click + 1/4 slip COMPLETE PACKAGE
ONE CLICK - DOUBLE LENTICULAR - SINGLE LENTICULAR - FULL SLIP - QUARTER SLIP (Storage box NOT included)

Important Group Buy update
Official update for all group buy participants -

The licensing agreement for Black Panther, for unknown reasons, still has not been resolved and because of this Infinity War will now be being released first (roughly early December time). The licensing agreement for Black Panther is looking to be completed around November time but because of the other releases (infinity War, Greatest Showman, Three Billboards), Black Panther will not ship until January 2019 at the earliest.

Infinity War will ship with the same editions (1/4 slip + Box, One Click, DL, SL and full slip)

Group Buy members, we have a couple of options for you -

1. Transfer
Your Black Panther request will automatically be transferred to the same edition to that of Avengers: Infinity War. You will then be guaranteed a spot for Black Panther, which will be charged for again later on in the year (or potentially January 2019)

2. Refund
You can cancel your Black Panther request and be refunded. Please note that should you change your mind afterwards we cannot allow you to repurchase Black Panther. At this time there will not be a further GB for it (however this may change although not guaranteed)

3. Wait it out
Wait for Black Panther to be released. If you decide to wait it out, as a thank you we will enter you into a HDN sponsored prize draw.

The official GB for Avengers: Infinity War won't be live until November.

I will be sending this as a PM to all participants tomorrow too with the relevant instructions.

Boxset.jpgDL.jpg9a438038gy1ftrqchvap5j21ex0tzqam.jpgFullslip.jpgquarterslip.jpg
3193CF1B-C049-4898-9585-F28D4AD15C96.jpeg
455A29EF-9F42-4F09-A2C4-877D0A5DB6D3.jpeg
SL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So a must I right in concluding this is another release that’s not perfect?

Its not perfect but its by far the best steelbook out there and not the worst package overall. At least the Steelbook you can safely say is great so all in all we can just hope for future releases to get better lentis.

regards lentis coco was pile of poo but when lenti material ripped of pic was quality behind
i wonder if blufans have changed suppliers of the lenti material to a cheaper one and this is the result or they have got a bad batch and goto use it up but you think some feedback would go on this
cos if others e.g. manta can get it right blufans needs to seriously look at its quality control here its not rocket science.
starts with loose discs and spreads to the lentis quailty :rolleyes:

basil :thumbs:

I have mentioned this before but not everybody's lentis for CoCo were poo as you said
My Double and Single Lentis are Very Nice and I am very Happy with them.
The only thing I can think of is maybe they were done by batch.
Maybe some Batch were better than others for the lentis.

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
Its not perfect but its by far the best steelbook out there and not the worst package overall. At least the Steelbook you can safely say is great so all in all we can just hope for future releases to get better lentis.
I’m just getting the impression the lenti’s are sliding in terms of quality on this and IW.

Personally love my IW one click as the lentis are far from bad IMO but they aren’t perfect.
Compared to prior BFF titles I have(which aren’t many) they seem fine.

Am I correct in assuming the steelbook is as dark/deep as IW? (I LOVE the IW steel btw and rarely like crowded steels)

@davetherave @kingkarl1967 @StifflersDad

my tracking finally finally updated today for dl you might wanna check yours

2019-02-05 09:07
United Kingdom, Arrival processing Center

and also more update on royal mails own tracker which 17net missed out

• 05:12pm
    Item has left our International Processing Centre Heathrow Worldwide Distribution Centre, United Kingdom

so hopefully tommorrow if lucky, if not thurs

all the best

Item has left our International Processing Centre Heathrow Worldwide Distribution Centre, United Kingdom

all the best
Yippee! mines the same, thanks for that!

• Thanks
Reactions: Basil
I have mentioned this before but not everybody's lentis for CoCo were poo as you said
My Double and Single Lentis are Very Nice and I am very Happy with them.
The only thing I can think of is maybe they were done by batch.
Maybe some Batch were better than others for the lentis.

I believe these are done by batch. There have been many times when many have complained about a particular Lenticular but mine has been fine and vice versa. My Gone Girl Lenticular was pants, yet many were happy with theirs.

Had no updates on mine since 29th January. I swear my bowel is moving faster that this package,

• Thanks
Reactions: Actarus

all the best
Thanks for the tag buddy , nothing on mine as of yet.

• Thanks
Reactions: Basil
Am I correct in assuming the steelbook is as dark/deep as IW? (I LOVE the IW steel btw and rarely like crowded steels)
BP is not as dark as IW's artwork, but if you love IW steel then you're in for a treat. BP steel is definitely much better than IW's steel, it has thicker paint/coating and glossier :thumbs:

Last edited:

all the best

Well this is good news I suppose if the DL is now finally showing up in the UK so I’m sure mine and Kingkarls will update later or tomorrow.

Reactions: kingkarl1967
FINALLY got my double lenticular today.
Thanks to the guys who do these group buys. We all appreciate your hard work.

Double lenticular is another disappointment though with washed out colours and a lack of definition. It's sad that for an African cast of characters their skin tone looks like it is greenish grey.

I've said this before but I would be perfectly ok if I'd bought this from Zavvi but this is so disappointing when it is from such a major lenticular company. Aside from it looking very murky, the design looks ok-ish, but check out Andy Serkis' face on the double lenticular - It's just a blur.

I tend to like the images used on all editions blufans reveal so I may just go for full slips from now on, instead of the image I prefer the most.

• Thanks
Reactions: el barto
First thing they need to do with lentis is try and stop giving them so much depth. That's when they become blurry, or.... get Manta to do them :D

• Haha
Reactions: DMD4k