Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Black Panther

Tagline: Long live the king

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Science Fiction

Director: Ryan Coogler

Cast: Chadwick Boseman, Michael B. Jordan, Lupita Nyong'o, Danai Gurira, Martin Freeman, Daniel Kaluuya, Letitia Wright, Winston Duke, Angela Bassett, Forest Whitaker, Andy Serkis, John Kani, Sterling K. Brown, Seth Carr, Denzel Whitaker, Florence Kasumba, Isaach De Bankolé, Danny Sapani, Sydelle Noel, Janeshia Adams-Ginyard, Jénel Stevens, Shaunette Renée Wilson, Stan Lee, Sebastian Stan, Bambadjan Bamba, Jeremy Sample, Sope Aluko, Alexis Rhee, Tahseen Ghauri, Danny Chung, David S. Lee, Mark Ashworth, Shad Gaspard, William Cowboy Reed, Alex Hibbert, Lucy Hockings, Ashton Tyler, Atandwa Kani, Connie Chiume, Dorothy Steel, Marija Abney, Maria Hippolyte, Marie Mouroum, Zola Williams, Christine Hollingsworth, Nabiyah Be, Michael David Yuhl, Elizabeth Elkins, Raven Wynn, Amechi Okocha, Tony Sears, Francesca Faridany, Roland Kilumbu, Timothy Carr, Apollo GT, James Siderits, Travis Love, Lidya Jewett, Alona Leoine, Kinley Fleurejuste, Ofu Obekpa, Michael R. Ciminna, John Y Lee, Byron Coolie, William Walker, Joseph Akharoh Jr., Stanley Aughtry, Raenen Golez, Leo De Rivera, Tevin Beech, Tari Omoro, Andrea Antonio Canal, David Dunston, Emelita T. Gonzalez, Josue Louis-Charles, Isaac Phillips, Trevor Noah, Jamel Chambers, Michael Christopher Rodney

Release: 2018-02-13

Runtime: 134

Plot: King T'Challa returns home from America to the reclusive, technologically advanced African nation of Wakanda to serve as his country's new leader. However, T'Challa soon finds that he is challenged for the throne by factions within his own country as well as without. Using powers reserved to Wakandan kings, T'Challa assumes the Black Panther mantel to join with girlfriend Nakia, the queen-mother, his princess-kid sister, members of the Dora Milaje (the Wakandan 'special forces') and an American secret agent, to prevent Wakanda from being dragged into a world war.

HELP.

My boyfriend told me that we HAVE TO see this movie when it comes out.
Please- I need suggestions to help me get out of seeing this movie... any and all variety of excuses, I'm willing to try them all.
pKls4W.gif

Seeing this tonight but got very low expectations tbh, even the positive reviews aren't getting me excited as I've become accustom to every Marvel film being hyped as the best one yet with every passing release Thor Ragnarok being the perfect example which I thought was **** :p

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Seeing this tonight but got very low expectations tbh, even the positive reviews aren't getting me excited as I've become accustom to every Marvel film being hyped as the best one yet with every passing release Thor Ragnarok being the perfect example which I thought was **** :p

Keep the expectations low.

It was ok, but nowhere near as good as reviewers are saying. The fight scenes are choppy as **** and really unsatisfying.

• Thanks
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: harry and tommyh84
Yep big pile of meh, like Antman not a Marvel film that will be getting much if any repeat viewing from me and I definitely don't need the inevitable sequel/trilogy of solo films

6/10

• Helpful Post
Reactions: harry
Yep big pile of meh, like Antman not a Marvel film that will be getting much if any repeat viewing from me and I definitely don't need the inevitable sequel/trilogy of solo films

6/10
with all the hype surrounding this movie, there is no way in hell we don't get a sequel.The identity politics are to strong with this to not come back round again.I would not be surprised to see him take the reigns of the Avengers in the future.

Just got back from seeing it. This movie is pretty over-hyped. haha
But, its still enjoyable. Thought it was good. Maybe a 8/10. But not the "best marvel movie" like some have been claiming. Wouldn't crack my top 5 (...or 10).

Thought there was a little too much CGI Black Panther jumping around. I miss practical effects.

And I still think the Original BP Suit was WAY better then the New BP Suit. I miss it.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Drum18 and harry
Watched it last night.
Another solid Marvel Movie, but this isn't hitting my Top 3.
Soundtrack is really Good.
I think they rush the Story too much in the End.
"o another Guy has the right to fight for the throne, wins, OG Panther is Back wins. End"

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
Nothing too special

Has it’s moments but overall not great. Really don’t get the hype around it tbh

Some really dodgy CGI too

The rhinos

I’ll still pick up the wwa and blufans double lenti to add to the collection though

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
I'm so glad that I was wrong about this movie.

I went this past Saturday with my wife and son to watch it in IMAX, and enjoyed it a lot. A solid 8/10 for me. I'm so chuffed to see my fellow Saffer John Kani (and his son) reprising the role of T'Chaka, albeit in flashback form.

Whilst the cast were really good, the standout performances for me were Michael B. Jordan (Killmonger) and Letitia Wright (Shuri). Excellent performances from those 2 fine actors. Jordan thoroughly owned his role.

Now bring on #InfinityWar!