Everywhere
Release date: September 14, 2021
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

Black Widow.jpg

Credit to Viking61 over at BD

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m out at the moment and don’t have my glasses on me but from what I can see it looks to be the same as the Australian and European right?

I don't know. I haven't viewed any videos on those. Even the guy in this video isn't sure what the finish is but it does look good regardless. To me anyway. So if it's the same as Australia and the UK I think it should be good.

Reactions: Flloydo
I’m out at the moment and don’t have my glasses on me but from what I can see it looks to be the same as the Australian and European right?

From what I can tell both US and ROW editions have matte finishes on the white and Scar Jo with spot gloss on the red, the difference between the two appears to be that the ROW edition has a metallic sheen on Scar Jo (and Pugh on the back) whereas the US one appears to be just a flat matte finish

Compare the previous video I posted with this one

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo and Stygian
From what I can tell both US and ROW editions have matte finishes on the white and Scar Jo with spot gloss on the red, the difference between the two appears to be that the ROW edition has a metallic sheen on Scar Jo (and Pugh on the back) whereas the US one appears to be just a flat matte finish

Usa is no matte…mate

Those center pieces definitely look matte. US isn't always gloss with mcu steels. AMATW was fully matte, and both black panther and CM were spot gloss (same as ROW).

The US version does not look full gloss imo. Now I have my glasses on Scarlett is certainly matte from what I can see

Reactions: samdavies
The finish on the Best Buy steel is better than the international steels. The Best Buy one is satin with spot gloss. The international steelbooks are likely matte with with spot gloss. That's exactly how it is for the Scott Pilgrim steels: the BB one is satin with spot gloss, while the international ones are matte with spot gloss (look at the Zavvi edition and compare it to the Best Buy edition).

Last edited:
I would describe it as red spot gloss, white satin with the characters as a spot satin, if that's even a thing. I really like the quarter slip.

The finish on the Best Buy steel is better than the international steels. The Best Buy one is satin with spot gloss. The international steelbooks are likely streaky matte with with spot gloss. That's exactly how it is for the Scott Pilgrim steels: the BB one is satin with spot gloss, while the international ones are streaky matte with spot gloss (look at the Zavvi edition for example).
I wouldn't go that far. All ROW disney steels that have spot gloss (that I've come across) have a good matte finish on their non "spot" sections. In hand pics of the EU copies of this do not look streaky what so ever. They look exactly the same as this, except perhaps there's also metallic highlights on the central characters.

Scott pilgrim is a different situation, that's technically being released by different studios. It's a universal title, but WB distribute Universal titles in the UK (and Universal for WB in the US), and therefore finishes now tend to differ per territory. WB are known for their piss poor matte finishes, so that should hardly surprise anyone.

Reactions: MM3
I wouldn't go that far. All ROW disney steels that have spot gloss (that I've come across) have a good matte finish on their non "spot" sections. In hand pics of the EU copies of this do not look streaky what so ever. They look exactly the same as this, except perhaps there's also metallic highlights on the central characters.

Scott pilgrim is a different situation, that's technically being released by different studios. It's a universal title, but WB distribute Universal titles in the UK (and Universal for WB in the US), and therefore finishes now tend to differ per territory. WB are known for their piss poor matte finishes, so that should hardly surprise anyone.
Maybe I exaggerated a bit, but satin still looks better than matte.

Reactions: ash333 and Flloydo
Maybe I exaggerated a bit, but satin still looks better than matte.
Oh for sure, I love a satin finish. Honestly most of the disney uk spot gloss finishes have a satin like finish to the non spot parts. I know they're not all that recent, but both the aladdin (action and animated) 4k steels have a lovely spot/satin finish.

Reactions: Flloydo and MM3
Oh for sure, I love a satin finish. Honestly most of the disney uk spot gloss finishes have a satin like finish to the non spot parts. I know they're not all that recent, but both the aladdin (action and animated) 4k steels have a lovely spot/satin finish.
In Europe they have a finish similar to satin that they refer to as "zero finish" for some strange reason. :LOL:

In Europe they have a finish similar to satin that they refer to as "zero finish" for some strange reason. :LOL:
Zero is something else again, well atleast it is in europe. It doesn't have the nice tactile touch that actual satin has. It's essentially a tiny step up from matte, thats adds a bit of a reflective shimmer and is usually less streaky then standard matte. It's pretty naff overall, I don't recommend it lol

• Haha
Reactions: MM3

They look identical to me... :thumbs:

Looks like another SteelBook from Best Buy USA that has a lot of copies with spine slashes. There are also a lot of copies with loose discs apparently.