Germany
Release date: December 2, 2015
Purchase link: Amazon JP
Price: ¥ 2,278 - ¥ 1,393

91LxxN4NFeL._SX522_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what my order looks like.....

1442552587670_Screenshots.png

I have no option but to pay the import fees.

Looks like you guys have the choice. But run the risk of getting caught?

This is what my order looks like.....

View attachment 188489

I have no option but to pay the import fees.

Looks like you guys have the choice. But run the risk of getting caught?
In Ireland for the decision to charge customs the shipping cost is included. In the UK as long as the goods is £15 then shipping cost is ignored no matter how expensive the shipping costs are. This is why UK order of this has no customs while Ireland order has customs charges.

In the UK as long as the goods is £15 then shipping cost is ignored no matter how expensive the shipping costs are. This is why UK order of this has no customs while Ireland order has customs charges.
I don't understand? You were charged shipping costs the same as me (1,500 YEN) But you weren't charged the (988 YEN) duty fees though.

I changed my address to a UK address and there is no option to pay the custom fees upfront whereas on my Irish address it's automatically built into my total so I'm guaranteed I won't have to pay any more once it ships.

I take it for you guys in the UK, if your parcel gets stopped, you will have to pay the customs fees AND a handling fee which would work out more?

I don't understand? You were charged shipping costs the same as me (1,500 YEN) But you weren't charged the (988 YEN) duty fees though.

I changed my address to a UK address and there is no option to pay the custom fees upfront whereas on my Irish address it's automatically built into my total so I'm guaranteed I won't have to pay any more once it ships.

I take it for you guys in the UK, if your parcel gets stopped, you will have to pay the customs fees AND a handling fee which would work out more?

Yup, bummer isn't it? :wacky:

I will try and explain again. When calculating the 15 £ threshold for customs in the UK only the price of the goods is taken into account. So you could have 15£ goods and 20£ shipping but pay no customs. BUT in Ireland the total of the( goods +the shipping) has to be below the threshold. So together it has to be less than the threshold. In UK only goods has to be less than the threshold.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: DADDYCOOL187