Premium Supporter
Jan 10, 2013
Germany
Release date: December 2, 2015
Purchase link: Amazon JP
Price: ¥ 2,278 - ¥ 1,393

91LxxN4NFeL._SX522_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I will try and explain again. When calculating the 15 £ threshold for customs in the UK only the price of the goods is taken into account. So you could have 15£ goods and 20£ shipping but pay no customs. BUT in Ireland the total of the( goods +the shipping) has to be below the threshold. So together it has to be less than the threshold. In UK only goods has to be less than the threshold.
Yes I'm aware of that.

But my question was why the checkout process was different between both countries?

I am charged 'built in' customs fees to my order. UK are not. There isn't even an option if you wanted to.

Amazon only reimburse you if you've already prepaid it (like my order) Again, my point is UK customers are not given the choice of this.

It should be 988 yen on top of what you were charged.

Yes I'm aware of that.

But my question was why the checkout process was different between both countries?

I am charged 'built in' customs fees to my order. UK are not. There isn't even an option if you wanted to.

Amazon only reimburse you if you've already prepaid it (like my order) Again, my point is UK customers are not given the choice of this.

It should be 988 yen on top of what you were charged.
Jesus wept!
The option isn't there because Amazon is clever enough to figure out that it is not necessary for the UK as the cost of the steelbook is 15£.So no prepaid customs is not necessary. That's why that option is not there.

Amazon have dropped the price on my preorder to ¥ 2,109 even though it's still listed at ¥2,278.

Anyone else have this? My order is now ¥ 3,609 shipped. (¥ 2,109 for the Steelbook and ¥ 1,500 Shipping & Handling)

Works out about €27. Happy days!! :woot:

Amazon have dropped the price on my preorder to ¥ 2,109 even though it's still listed at ¥2,278.

Anyone else have this? My order is now ¥ 3,609 shipped. (¥ 2,109 for the Steelbook and ¥ 1,500 Shipping & Handling)

Works out about €27. Happy days!! :woot:
Yep, same here. ¥3,609. £19.50 delivered. Bargain :)

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Excited to get this. I'm considering cancelling my Blade II Zavvi preorder since it won't match my other 2 red steelbooks, but I can't find Blade II Japan for a decent price anywhere (n)