San Pedro, CA
Release Date: February 11, 2014
Pre-order: Amazon

France
179 minutes
Color
2.35:1
French

The colorful, electrifying romance that took the Cannes Film Festival by storm courageously dives into a young woman’s experiences of first love and sexual awakening. Blue Is the Warmest Color stars the remarkable newcomer Adèle Excharpoulos as a high schooler who, much to her own surprise, plunges into a thrilling relationship with a female twentysomething art student, played by Léa Seydoux. Directed by Abdellatif Kechiche, this finely detailed, intimate epic sensitively renders the erotic abandon of youth. It has captivated international audiences and been widely embraced as a defining love story for the new century.

Disc Features:
  1. New high-definition digital transfer, approved by director Abdellatif Kechiche, with 5.1 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack on the Blu-ray edition
  2. Trailer and TV spot
  3. New English subtitle translation
  4. PLUS: A booklet featuring an essay by critic B. Ruby Rich

Blueisthewarmestcolor.jpg

Three reasons:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: djprodikis
They're working on a special edition of this film.

Criterion Collection is working on a special edition or Plain Archive?

Oh I got it dirtyoak. On their product page.

The Criterion Collection - "A full special edition treatment of this film will follow at a later date."

Last edited:
So I guess it's a good idea to wait to pick this up then. I am not sure why they released it in this state when they are working on a better release down the line.