Blue is the Warmest Colour (Blu-ray Slipbox) (Plain Archive Ex. No.4 - Second Edition) [Korea]

Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
Release date: December 28th, 2015 (The pre-order date is November 27th, 2015)
Purchase links:
Plainarchive.com
Triple Pack (with Ernest & Celestine A+B)
Quad Pack (with Ernest & Celestine A+B, The King of jokgu)
Price: $32.49
Note : PA004 Blue is the Warmest Colour Second Edition starts at minimum print run of 1,500. But if you place a pre-order before the end of December 6th, you're guaranteed a copy regardless. The actual print run, therefore could end up bigger than 1,500.

12307422_780649915412826_7928451289200332188_o.jpg

BITWC_Sticker.jpg

tumblr_nwu5al1Yrw1t1dcuoo1_1280.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The package is nice. I couldn't finish the movie the other day, maybe I should give it another shot before pulling the trigger on a purchase or not.

It took me 3 days to watch the movie. 1 hr per day. Movie wasn't that bad. But after watching it, I came to the conclusion that I will never watch it again.

"Movie wasn't that bad." This movie is not on my to-watch list.
And yet collectors (I'm not saying you, just people on eBay) paid hundreds of dollars to complete their PA collection. Just makes me laugh! :rofl:

Reactions: AlienKing
Such a gorgeous release from Plain Archive :notworthy: I own the first edition and this and I love both equally. And I owned already the regular german Keep Cases before PA released. By the way that was the case till now for every PA release except King of Pigs, Om Shanti Om and Tinker Ticker. For me, there was no surprise till now and that's also why I love PA so much. The movie choices are as awesome as their packaging and design.

The movie is not everyone's taste, that's for sure. The running time alone puts most people off.
I can only speak for myself but I really enjoyed this movie. It's hard to rewatch because of the length but the movie itself is 10/10 for me. Kechiche shot some scenes over 100 times just to capture the most perfect expression in the faces of both superb actresses. His effort was worth it. He pushed all to the limit. This movie bleeds passion, it's the perfect love story with ups and downs perfectly acted. This movie will be a classic in cinema history, no doubt.

• Informative
Reactions: Obi Wan Dandobi
"Movie wasn't that bad." This movie is not on my to-watch list.
And yet collectors (I'm not saying you, just people on eBay) paid hundreds of dollars to complete their PA collection. Just makes me laugh! :rofl:
I didn't enjoy the movie enough to recommend it to other people. May be someone else here can make a better argument to convince you to watch this movie.
The reason I didn't go after this release because I usually buy movies that I like (of course I have my "blind buy" side as well) But if I'm gonna pay hundreds of dollars, it better be a movie that I love.
But I can understand people who pay those crazy prices for some releases; even though I never will. It's just the type of collector they are. They collect for rarity/value. They are not simply paying for the movie alone. They might not even open the movie. Those type of people exist in other collecting communities as well; like shoes or cars. :)

Reactions: C.C. 95 and JCC
I didn't enjoy the movie enough to recommend it to other people. May be someone else here can make a better argument to convince you to watch this movie.
The reason I didn't go after this release because I usually buy movies that I like (of course I have my "blind buy" side as well) But if I'm gonna pay hundreds of dollars, it better be a movie that I love.
But I can understand people who pay those crazy prices for some releases; even though I never will. It's just the type of collector they are. They collect for rarity/value. They are not simply paying for the movie alone. They might not even open the movie. Those type of people exist in other collecting communities as well; like shoes or cars. :)

Your last point is all too true. I'll never understand this mindset. I don't mind a $10 blind buy but no way I'm spending more than $40 on a movie that I probably won't enjoy or am ambivalent about (and even $10-40 makes me think twice about my choices).

For me it worked out just fine :)

When I received this one I loved the 'outside' (leave that to PA!) and when I finally watched it I was convinced about the 'inside' as well, this is an unusual beautiful little movie, just the right atmosphere and vibe, and very good acting too. But yeah I also realised this is not for everyone (To long? To slow paced? To explicit at times?).

For me it was the perfect blind buy..