Bone Tomahawk (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

May 30, 2014
Release date: August 15th, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order will be live around 6pm on Saturday June 11th)
Price: £17.99

11285589-1354392299220615.jpg

11285589-7114392299237778.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes! No title on the front too. Hope they keep it that way. I know a lot of people don't like these but a lot of my favourite steelbooks are without titles. Ex Machina, Army Of Darkness, Spring etc etc. Feels more like you're buying a piece of artwork to me. Get in.

For me, "Bone Tomahawk" is a blend of two distinct styles. The first half of the movie plays like a traditional Western. The one which it reminded me of most, in terms of its storyline, was the John Ford classic, "The Searchers" (1956), albeit with a more modern slant. For its final half, however, it turns into something completely different, a blood and guts splatterfest that Tarantino would have been proud of.

As someone who appreciates both Westerns and horror flicks, I really enjoyed it but it's not a film for the fainthearted.

I'm really liking the Steelbook artwork and hope that it doesn't change. Normally, with Zavvi, I'd wait for a price drop but this is one title that I'm tempted to order from day one, provided there's a valid discount code available.

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
For me, "Bone Tomahawk" is a blend of two distinct styles. The first half of the movie plays like a traditional Western. The one which it reminded me of most, in terms of its storyline, was the John Ford classic, "The Searchers" (1956), albeit with a more modern slant. For its final half, however, it turns into something completely different, a blood and guts splatterfest that Tarantino would have been proud of.

As someone who appreciates both Westerns and horror flicks, I really enjoyed it but it's not a film for the fainthearted.

I'm really liking the Steelbook artwork and hope that it doesn't change. Normally, with Zavvi, I'd wait for a price drop but this is one title that I'm tempted to order from day one, provided there's a valid discount code available.

I don't see art to change. why/how would they come up with this...but it's Z ... you'll never know.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: K.i.T
@C.C. 95 I'm pretty sure you want this ?!
Thanks. But I didn't love it - as much as I wanted to. (I love westerns, and I love Kurt Russell). Much of the dialog (along the journey) is simply pointless.
(Seriously - a whole discussion on how to read a book while taking a bath. Why?!!!).
I thought the film also felt very much like a weekend studio backlot shoot. (Which it was).
Plus- much of the violence I found comical.
After the bloody vivisection, When one of the natives comes out into the holding cell area gnawing on an arm - I burst out laughing. (Probably not what the makers wanted.).
It just did not work for me at all.

Thanks. But I didn't love it - as much as I wanted to. (I love westerns, and I love Kurt Russell). Much of the dialog (along the journey) is simply pointless.
(Seriously - a whole discussion on how to read a book while taking a bath. Why?!!!).
I thought the film also felt very much like a weekend studio backlot shoot. (Which it was).
After the bloody vivisection, When one of the natives comes out into the holding cell area gnawing on an arm - I burst out laughing. (Probably not what the makers wanted.).

I HATE YOU NOW !

kidding

wasn't the best of movies. but cool try. and kurt, or his moustache stole the show. so gonna get it. hope for couple cool extras.

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95

Mmm, you mean it isn't supposed to be a black comedy ? :) :naughty::whistle:

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
Didn't enjoy this as much as most, but I didn't hate it, so will pick it up once it's under a tenner. Art is ok, but it's as if they used back art for the front as well as the back.

Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
@C.C. 95 @Noodles I didn't love it either.
The first half was painfully slow and the last half didn't work for me at all. I was very disappointed cause I heard this was better then Hateful 8 (Its not).
Cool looking Steelbook tho.