Upcoming Bounty Law - 'Once Upon a Time in Hollywood' spin-off

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Bounty-Law.jpg

It’s Jake Cahill, and he goes by Bounty Law! Do you want more of that? Well, you’re gonna get it, and Quentin Tarantino himself is gonna direct. That’s right, the man himself is planning a five episode spinoff of fictional TV series Bounty Law, as featured in the Academy Award-nominated Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

“As far as the ‘Bounty Law’ shows, I want to do that, but it will take me a year and a half,” Tarantino told Deadline and said, ”I ended up writing five half-hour episodes. So I’ll do them, and I will direct all of them.”

The fictional series follows Jake Cahill as he wonders the old west looking for bounties to collect. In Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, the show marks one of the high points in the career of actor Rick Dalton (played by Leonard DiCaprio) before his gradual descent into mediocrity.

“It got an introduction from ‘Once Upon a Time in Hollywood,’ but I don’t really consider it part of that movie even though it is,” Tarantino said. “This is not about Rick Dalton playing Jake Cahill. It’s about Jake Cahill. Where all this came from was, I ended up watching a bunch of ‘Wanted, Dead or Alive‘, and ‘The Rifleman,’ and ‘Tales of Wells Fargo,’ these half-hour shows to get in the mindset of ‘Bounty Law,’ the kind of show Rick was on. I’d liked them before, but I got really into them. The concept of telling a dramatic story in half an hour. You watch and think, wow, there’s a helluva lot of storytelling going on in 22 minutes. I thought, I wonder if I can do that?”

No official word on Leonardo DiCaprio’s involvement, or Brad Pitt for that matter, though you’d have to assume they’d be game to reprise their role as Rick Dalton and stuntman Cliff Booth, respectively.

Source: Bounty Law Series: Tarantino Will Write & Direct All 5 Episodes

Thanks for the tag @Noodles! Awesome news! I actually enjoyed the mini films within the film. These episodes could be very cool. It would be good if Leonardo Di Caprio did reprise the role but I could see it working even if it was someone new. Hopefully the wait won’t be too long! :)

Reactions: Noodles
Thanks for the tag @Noodles! Awesome news! I actually enjoyed the mini films within the film. These episodes could be very cool. It would be good if Leonardo Di Caprio did reprise the role but I could see it working even if it was someone new. Hopefully the wait won’t be too long! :)
I'm up for anything QT does, as I'm sure many of us are lol. But this really does sound pretty damn cool! Would love to see Di Caprio reprise his role too... I can't see why he wouldn't.

Reactions: Sigill
I bet it doesnt have Leo. As he states it not about Rick Dalton playing Jake Cahill but just more about Jake Cahill. Who is a fictional character thus can be played by anyone. So unless Leo just really wants to do it, the budget likely wont be there. I guess anything is possible tho if they can sell it first to netflix or whomever which would be putting up the budget then.

Cheers man. See the news earlier. But as @Wreck just said it might not have Leo as it’s about that character he plays. However, that would be good if he jumps on board and with how well it’s been received and his nominations then that could sway him. Plus Tarantino doing a 5 part series about a character he plays might sway him too

What would be amazing (if Leo joins) is if pitt plays cliff as his stunt double in the series and you can clearly see pitt doing stunts as Leo lol. That would make my day

Reactions: Sigill and Noodles
I'm up for anything QT does, as I'm sure many of us are lol. But this really does sound pretty damn cool! Would love to see Di Caprio reprise his role too... I can't see why he wouldn't.
You never know, I’m not sure if there would be enough money in the budget for him but he does seem to like working with Tarantino so it could happen! I actually though Timothy Olyphant played a great part in this, maybe he could step in! Perhaps he will look for someone new so it doesn’t relate to the movie though, he does state it is a separate thing.I’m sure whoever it is it will end up being awesome though!:D

Reactions: Noodles and Flloydo
You never know, I’m not sure if there would be enough money in the budget for him but he does seem to like working with Tarantino so it could happen! I actually though Timothy Olyphant played a great part in this, maybe he could step in! Perhaps he will look for someone new so it doesn’t relate to the movie though, he does state it is a separate thing.I’m sure whoever it is it will end up being awesome though!:D
One thing's for sure... QT knows how to put a cast together! Don't think I've ever been disappointed with any of his choices, so I'm sure we've nothing to worry about even if Leo isn't up for it.

I agree about Olyphant... he was great! Then again, he's great in everything. Would definitely be nice to seen some OUATIH faces make an appearance, even if it's just a cameo of some sort.

One thing's for sure... QT knows how to put a cast together! Don't think I've ever been disappointed with any of his choices, so I'm sure we've nothing to worry about even if Leo isn't up for it.

I agree about Olyphant... he was great! Then again, he's great in everything. Would definitely be nice to seen some OUATIH faces make an appearance, even if it's just a cameo of some sort.
Yeah he has always been good whenever I’ve seen him. I remember watching him in Go, he was pretty young back then but it was a cool movie! I liked him in Santa Clarita Diet aswell. He is an underrated actor for sure.
That would be cool if there were some cameos from OUOTIH, knowing Tarantino there will be some references to it even if none of the actors do return. He likes to put things in for us movie geeks to notice! Lol.:D

Reactions: Noodles