UK
Release date: March 7th, 2016
Purchase link: Boyz n the Hood (live)
Price: £12.99

11238490-1344360137510930.jpg

11238490-3974360137725268.jpg

11238490-1724360137658929.jpg

Last edited:
HaHaHa..... What a coincidence! I have those VHS as well however, they are in some boxes in my basement now
It would be awesome to own Menace and co on Blu-ray but also these two over here would be really really cool
Childhood memories :drool::hilarious::D

CB4.jpg
220px-ClassAct1992MoviePoster.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: dan8885 and Flloydo
CB-4 and Kid n Play/House Party are all classics :thumbs:

Ahh snap

But I was so bad at basketball, I tried tho. Used to (try) shoot hoops in my back garden until the rim broke lol.

Yeah he got game would be cool too and I always forget about juice. Been years since I watched it.

Yeah true, you don't have to be a hip hop head.

Would love some comedies like don't be a menace in..........., Friday (only the first one though), all about the Benjamin's, how high and even the first scary movie

Do you remember that one:

Nas-Belly-AniGif.gif

:naughty::naughty::naughty:

Reactions: Flloydo
CB-4 and Kid n Play/House Party are all classics :thumbs:

Do you remember that one:

Nas-Belly-AniGif.gif

:naughty::naughty::naughty:

Is that belly?
With DMX?

I think I see it years and years ago but was always hard to find. Used to go in HMV and virgin megastores all the time back in the day looking for it

Reactions: dan8885
Flash I still think you don't get what @JCC has said.
If you look back to who he quoted it was to do with the price being reasonable. So jcc has said "This isn't a title that more than a few people would shell out $30 for" and then after he stated he will wait for a price drop anyway.
Now $30 is roughly £21 which is the price some of the other exclusives are (and higher) for US customers after postage etc. And they are the items that zavvi sit on in the ware house until massive drops.
But you've taken it completely wrong and made a massive thing out of it for his opinion. As usual.

You then go into weird defensive mode about how many people like this film and stuff because you think someone is being negative about stuff you like (like your comment in the rant thread to the guy who hates pops - his opinion even if he did originally post it in the wrong thread - who cares)

Yes this has a massive following and I also know loads who love this film etc but it's been quite quiet in here and other "forums" as you put it.
So this prob won't sell out and it may even get announced in other countries causing the sales of the UK one to fall when people in their own countries can order for themselves and prob some peeps from the U.K. And other places. (Which in a way will just help this get cheaper for the rest of us).
But you take it all to heart and then bring in the "Zavvi don't force you to buy anything" which honestly sounds so stupid everytime someone posts it (I've prob even posted it myself and I'll still stand by - it's a stupid response)

Anyway back to the steel. personally I prefer the original colour poster but this would go well with straight outta Compton next to it. It it might be a bit too much black and white. Not sure

I'll prob cancel anyway closer the time and wait for it to drop

Hopefully the trend of cheaper catalogue titles stays with zavvi.

Lol I guess Flash has a history of doing this. I was trying to be objective in my statements, but I guess they fell on deaf ears. I will admit the lower price point is a good start for Zavvi, but the amount of titles that have dropped to half the original price or lower in the past two months has caused me to stop ordering anything from Zavvi at full price.

I don't see this selling out for a long time. I look forward to watching it when the price drops.

Reactions: Flloydo
Flash I still think you don't get what @JCC has said.
If you look back to who he quoted it was to do with the price being reasonable. So jcc has said "This isn't a title that more than a few people would shell out $30 for" and then after he stated he will wait for a price drop anyway.
Now $30 is roughly £21 which is the price some of the other exclusives are (and higher) for US customers after postage etc. And they are the items that zavvi sit on in the ware house until massive drops.
But you've taken it completely wrong and made a massive thing out of it for his opinion. As usual.

You then go into weird defensive mode about how many people like this film and stuff because you think someone is being negative about stuff you like (like your comment in the rant thread to the guy who hates pops - his opinion even if he did originally post it in the wrong thread - who cares)

Yes this has a massive following and I also know loads who love this film etc but it's been quite quiet in here and other "forums" as you put it.
So this prob won't sell out and it may even get announced in other countries causing the sales of the UK one to fall when people in their own countries can order for themselves and prob some peeps from the U.K. And other places. (Which in a way will just help this get cheaper for the rest of us).
But you take it all to heart and then bring in the "Zavvi don't force you to buy anything" which honestly sounds so stupid everytime someone posts it (I've prob even posted it myself and I'll still stand by - it's a stupid response)

Anyway back to the steel. personally I prefer the original colour poster but this would go well with straight outta Compton next to it. It it might be a bit too much black and white. Not sure

I'll prob cancel anyway closer the time and wait for it to drop

Hopefully the trend of cheaper catalogue titles stays with zavvi.

How refreshing of you not get involved in something...oh wait... There you are again My rant against the guy who hated pops lol there isn't enough time or space to point out all the nonsense you spout on here day in day out. If I bother you so much that you constantly have to jump in all the time perhaps put me on ignore as its so repetitive and tiresome. Do you think your ramblings upsets me? It doesn't, just like you for every time you complain about something I've said I could say the same about you we have hugely different opinions, it's strange I'm usually not so wrong about people you were more than pleasant when you pm'd me but then 'in public' very odd towards me, ah well once again a thread has been taken up by us but I won't just let you be rude to me, I will always defend myself however boring it's becoming as I wont stand for it to be honest, even on a forum which I really like I won't allow someone to spoil my enjoyment of it although I really would prefer if we could please just stop this. I'll agree to not respond to your posts if you agree the same and then everyone can get some peace eh?? But I await your inevitable reply :sleep:

Back to the steelbook. If people don't want to get it, think it's too expensive, don't like the film that's up to them but so often now whether I like it or hate you are the opposite and it's just getting funny now :hilarious:

I do like the film, like the steelbook and like the price it's up to whoever to decide what they wish to do.

How refreshing of you not get involved in something...oh wait... There you are again My rant against the guy who hated pops lol there isn't enough time or space to point out all the nonsense you spout on here day in day out. If I bother you so much that you constantly have to jump in all the time perhaps put me on ignore as its so repetitive and tiresome. Do you think your ramblings upsets me? It doesn't, just like you for every time you complain about something I've said I could say the same about you we have hugely different opinions, it's strange I'm usually not so wrong about people you were more than pleasant when you pm'd me but then 'in public' very odd towards me, ah well once again a thread has been taken up by us but I won't just let you be rude to me, I will always defend myself however boring it's becoming as I wont stand for it to be honest, even on a forum which I really like I won't allow someone to spoil my enjoyment of it although I really would prefer if we could please just stop this. I'll agree to not respond to your posts if you agree the same and then everyone can get some peace eh?? But I await your inevitable reply :sleep:

Back to the steelbook. If people don't want to get it, think it's too expensive, don't like the film that's up to them but so often now whether I like it or hate you are the opposite and it's just getting funny now :hilarious:

I do like the film, like the steelbook and like the price it's up to whoever to decide what they wish to do.

Spoil your enjoyment? Being rude? Lol

Read people's messages properly. Simple really

If anyone replied to that message of JCC's I would of corrected them.
It was just painful to read you get it wrong twice. (Plus I was trying to help you out you doughnut - read it again, I'm actually being nice but your taking it to heart as usual)

Even defend yourself when your wrong lol gotta love those kind of people. At least I'll admit it when I'm wrong

Got to love this modern classic and I haven't met anybody who doesn't - just a bit of a pity that John Singleton, as the very first African-American in cinema history to be nominated for a Best Director Oscar, didn't win
In conclusion (IMO):-
5 star film
5 star cast
Only seen Ice Cube in this and "Three Kings" and excellent in both.
Only seen Cuba Gooding, Jr. in one other film apart from this - "Jerry Maguire" for which he earned a well-deserved Best Supporting Actor Oscar - "Show me the money!" . . . classic !
3 or 4 star steelbook depending on how it turns out in the flesh.
3 star price - a refreshing starting point (GBP 12.34) for a catalogue steel though I'll wait on it for a while as I already have the very smart glossy white slipcover Amaray edition.

Got to love this modern classic and I haven't met anybody who doesn't - just a bit of a pity that John Singleton, as the very first African-American in cinema history to be nominated for a Best Director Oscar, didn't win
In conclusion (IMO):-
5 star film
5 star cast
Only seen Ice Cube in this and "Three Kings" and excellent in both.
Only seen Cuba Gooding, Jr. in one other film apart from this - "Jerry Maguire" for which he earned a well-deserved Best Supporting Actor Oscar - "Show me the money!" . . . classic !
3 or 4 star steelbook depending on how it turns out in the flesh.
3 star price - a refreshing starting point (GBP 12.34) for a catalogue steel though I'll wait on it for a while as I already have the very smart glossy white slipcover Amaray edition.

Just what I was saying refreshing price for a change.

I also love Cuba in Jerry Maguire, there is nothing fancy about the film but it's a really nice film. I love the chemistry between Tom Cruise and Renee. Cuba is also good in Selma.

Reactions: virkia
£12.99 isn't a great price imo for an old caterlogue title, some people must be too familiar with the usually higher, more absurd prices for similar titles in the past by zavvi. I will wait for a price drop before buying myself, great movie and nice to see a steelbook released for it