Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release Date: 6th October 2015

Purchase Link
Amazon

List Price $38.99
Reduced Price $27.99

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment have announced the re-release of Francis Ford Coppola's
Bram Stoker's Dracula
on Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray/Digital HD) and Limited Edition Supreme Cinema Series (Blu-ray/Digital HD). Available only while supplies last, the Supreme Cinema release will include a 'high-end' clear case package and a 24-page booklet with rare photos, behind-the-scenes info, and an all-new exclusive written introduction from Director Francis Ford Coppola

Both releases will include:
  • 4K Restoration
  • Dolby Atmos soundtrack (Dolby TrueHD 7.1 compatible)
  • Reflections in Blood: Francis Ford Coppola and Bram Stoker's Dracula
  • Practical Magicians: A Collaboration Between Father and Son
  • Rare 1993 commentary with Francis Ford Coppola, Roman Coppola and Greg Cannom
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Audio Commentary & Film Introduction by Director Francis Ford Coppola
  • 4 Legacy Featurettes
draculabeauty.jpg

81fUAnmEwpL__SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, this is certainly the edition to get. I'd also agree that it would have been better with the original artwork but that's a minor quibble in the greater scheme of things.

As regards the Canadian release, I have some Canadian Digibooks and the only difference between them and their US counterparts is that they have bilingual J-cards, in English and French, whereas the US ones are in English only. I imagine that the same applies to this release.

Although, given the rise of political correctness and the continuing change in the population ratio, I can forsee the day when US releases will also have bilingual J-cards, only in English and Spanish. That is, however, another story.
@augustus
Tough call! The main difference between $23 (converted) U.S. from Canada, and $35 U.S. in America seems to just be THIS:
image.jpg

Reactions: augustus
Maybe they have region locked it because they plan to bring out a UK release down the line. Let's hope so! Yep those Superbit DVD's were a bit of a con, the picture usually wasn't any better than a standard DVD.
Hope they do a uk one.. After I watched Dracula I stayed away from buying any other superbit releases.
Looks like this version is going to bring the picture quality up to a standard the film deserves.

Hope there may be a UK release as it's not region B. Would have liked to pick up a copy.

Maybe they have region locked it because they plan to bring out a UK release down the line. Let's hope so!

European releases of the 4k remastered disc are definitely in the pipeline, albeit without the fancy book packaging.

The full specifications and artwork have been published for the Scandinavian edition which is being released on the 26th October 2015.

bram_stokers_dracula_mastered_in_4k_blu_ray.jpg

bram_stokers_dracula_mastered_in_4k_blu_ray (1).jpg

It will be seen from the image of the rear of the case that the content is the same as the US and Canadian releases. Although there are cosmetic differences as regards the language and subtitle options, the principal difference is that the Dolby Atmos track has been replaced here by a DTS-HD MA 5.1 track. That may account for the NA releases being Region A locked. This one is clearly Region ABC (free).

Most Scandinavian retailers don't ship overseas but it is available for (SEK) 99kr (about £7.75) from discshop.se, who do ship within the EU.

http://www.discshop.se/filmer/bluray/bram_stokers_dracula_mastered_in_4k_blu_ray/P134769

Although the Scandinavian edition is the only one, to date, actually confirmed to include the 4k remastered disc, this title is also being released in Germany (7/10) and Spain (8/10). It would seem logical, therefore, to assume that those releases will also include the new disc. Both retail for EUR 15.

http://www.amazon.de/dp/B01328FO98/?tag=hidefnin0d-21

http://www.amazon.es/dp/B015QMDV48/?tag=hidefnin03-21

Germany and Italy are also getting a 'Pop Art' Steelbook release of this title but the disc specifications are still unconfirmed. Hopefully, they will also include the new disc, as opposed to merely a means of clearing out stock of the old discs.

As yet, there has been no mention of a UK release but it will probably occur in due course.

Last edited:
European releases of the 4k remastered disc are definitely in the pipeline, albeit without the fancy book packaging.

The full specifications and artwork have been published for the Scandinavian edition which is being released on the 26th October 2015.

View attachment 190321

View attachment 190322

It will be see from the image of the rear of the case that the content is the same as the US and Canadian releases. Although there are cosmetic differences as regards the language and subtitle options, the principal difference is that the Dolby Atmos track has been replaced here by a DTS-HD MA 5.1 track. That may account for the NA releases being Region A locked. This one is clearly Region ABC (free).

Most Scandinavian retailers don't ship overseas but it is available for (SEK) 99kr (about £7.75) from discshop.se, who do ship within the EU.

http://www.discshop.se/filmer/bluray/bram_stokers_dracula_mastered_in_4k_blu_ray/P134769

Although the Scandinavian edition is the only one, to date, actually confirmed to include the 4k remastered disc, this title is also being released in Germany (7/10) and Spain (8/10). It would seem logical, therefore, to assume that those releases will also include the new disc. Both retail for EUR 15.

http://www.amazon.de/dp/B01328FO98/?tag=hidefnin0d-21

http://www.amazon.es/dp/B015QMDV48/?tag=hidefnin03-21

Germany and Italy are also getting a 'Pop Art' Steelbook release of this title but the disc specifications are still unconfirmed. Hopefully, they will also include the new disc, as opposed to merely a means of clearing out stock of the old discs.

As yet, there has been no mention of a UK release but it will probably occur in due course.
Thanks for the info @augustus, you would think that there would be a UK release but that's not always the case. We are still waiting for a lot of movies to be released here. I would have also liked to see this kind of packaging being used aswell.

Reactions: augustus
I'm gonna ask this in each thread
I want to know if the bilingual versions from Canada have the books only in english
if they do I will order from US
thanks