Oct 3, 2011
Netherlands
Release date: November 7, 2018
Purchase links: FNAC - Amazon FR (OOS)
Price: €29.99

71js8Xt94DL._SY500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: digitalbabe
Looking better although I would not have minded the Academy blurb on the J-card.

What if his hair is embossed? Would that be steelbook enough for you? ;)

No, no, no... emboss the stubble not the hair. First ever tactile steelbook! :rofl:

What if his hair is embossed? Would that be steelbook enough for you? ;)
In the same way that I wouldn't choose a BRAVEHEART steelbook with this image on the front :whistle: . . .
123848_large.jpg
--------------------
213467_large.jpg

. . . and just to pick an image that's coming to both steelbook and Amaray coupled with a dig at a comment I made in the DWW thread is infra dig . . . any reasonable person will know it doesn't work like that.
Certain images - such as this big head BRAVEHEART artwork - does suit the steelbook well . . . unlike the DANCES WITH WOLVES artwork which just looks as silly and inadequate as the BRAVEHEART Amaray artwork above . . . w/ no pretence at creativity and/or imagination as in something especially created by an artist/graphic designer for a Pop Art / Gallery 1988 or other creative style.

Yes, if coming to the UK, nice to see a big head Mel Gibson image on the front of a steelbook when I'm more used to seeing symbols images on my BRAVEHEART steelbooks here.

Artwork in order of preference:-
June 2014 ------------------------------------------------ May 2013 & November 2018 ----------------------------- May 2018 ------------------June 2012 --------------
102190_large.jpg
69391_large.jpg
1536253176939.png
199035_large.jpg
41211_large.jpg

In the same way that I wouldn't choose a BRAVEHEART steelbook with this image on the front :whistle: . . .
I didn't mean anything negative toward you, I was just joking. :) I enjoy your posts, and they've made me wonder if I have any criteria to determine what's "steelbook art" and what's not. As I looked at the images you posted here and in the other thread, I think there is definitely good art and bad art for movie covers, no doubt. But I'm not sure I could say that there's art that's definitely "good steelbook art" vs. just plain good art.

As for this steelbook, I don't think it's a thrilling cover, but at least it's a Braveheart cover that shows Braveheart. That makes sense to me.

Reactions: virkia
I didn't mean anything negative toward you, I was just joking. :) I enjoy your posts, and they've made me wonder if I have any criteria to determine what's "steelbook art" and what's not. As I looked at the images you posted here and in the other thread, I think there is definitely good art and bad art for movie covers, no doubt. But I'm not sure I could say that there's art that's definitely "good steelbook art" vs. just plain good art.

As for this steelbook, I don't think it's a thrilling cover, but at least it's a Braveheart cover that shows Braveheart. That makes sense to me.

Thanks for that … at least there's one (lol)
Since retiring at age 23 I've had years and years to finesse time wasting into a fine art ;)

Reactions: jennyrw2332
Since retiring at age 23 I've had years and years to finesse time wasting into a fine art ;)

One can't rush procrastination. :LOL: I also did not mean any insult or criticism with my embossed stubble comment. Was just joking around. Peace.:thumbs:

Pic courtesy Film Arena via Steelbookpro:-
"ULTRA HD" logo near the bottom instead of near the top . . . is better or worse / makes no difference? Suppose it makes no difference as long all Fox 4K steelbooks have the logo in the same place.
1540929251991.png

1540929310590.png