UK
Release date: May 23, 2016
Purchase link: Bronson (live)
Price: £14.99

11243879-1444363307459379.jpg

11243879-1404363307927628.jpg

11243879-3684363307746830.jpg

Last edited:
Great to see someone else appreciates NWR as much as I do. Not that I can see it happening, but now all I want is a steelbook for Valhalla and I'll be very happy! :D

Thanks. I wanted to love valhalla, big fan of Mads "hannibal" Mikkelson. But just didn't enjoy that one. Would love a pusher trilogy steelbook. And hoping The Neon Demon comes out soon!

Reactions: spass
Thanks. I wanted to love valhalla, big fan of Mads "hannibal" Mikkelson. But just didn't enjoy that one. Would love a pusher trilogy steelbook. And hoping The Neon Demon comes out soon!
I didn't fall in love with Valhalla straight away... it took me a few watches to fully understand everything. And even now I still have to be in the right mood to properly enjoy it, but I find it's pretty underrated/misunderstood by most... same goes for Only God. I was a little disappointed with the Pusher trilogy to be honest, although I only got around to watching it last year, so maybe I'd left it too long and my expectations had become too high... I'll rewatch them at some point though. Yeah, really excited for Neon Demon... seems like we've been waiting forever for it!

I didn't fall in love with Valhalla straight away... it took me a few watches to fully understand everything. And even now I still have to be in the right mood to properly enjoy it, but I find it's pretty underrated/misunderstood by most... same goes for Only God. I was a little disappointed with the Pusher trilogy to be honest, although I only got around to watching it last year, so maybe I'd left it too long and my expectations had become too high... I'll rewatch them at some point though. Yeah, really excited for Neon Demon... seems like we've been waiting forever for it!

Yeah may have to give valhalla another try then. I know only god forgives was badly marketed in the UK, which led to a pretty poor response. Very under appreciated film. Hoping neon demon doesent suffer the same fate!

Would love a pusher trilogy steelbook.

This. The german one have printed back and only german subs.

I love that trilogy. I had watched the first one so many times so when #2 and 3 was announced years later I was so excited and they didn't disappoint. It was a long wait between 2004 and 2005 though! ;)

Would also really like a steelbook of Bleeder. It's not even released on blu afaik.

Edit. As for this release, love the artwork and with the right finish this could be a winner imo. Film is great too.

Speaking about "Valhalla Rising" it's dirt cheap on Amazon at the time of writing (GBP 2.99) if you have Prime - of course unlikely to still come with the very nice stubby slipcover.

The film "Pusher" based on NWR's trilogy is worth a look (he is still involved, though only as Executive Producer) until the originals are given a U.K. BD release.

The ORIGINAL TRILOGY (1996 - 2005) appears to be only available from Germany in BDs as standalones or in a steelbook 3 BD collection BUT despite the Region Free listing the AUDIO is listed as German and Danish ONLY with German subs ONLY. No mention of English in the details.
Same details apply to the standalones.

"Pusher: Part 1" (1996) also listed from Australia but not the trilogy will naturally have English audio but doesn't seem to be available.

This looks amazing! Zavvi site currently says £19.99 though so i'd like a pretty decent price drop before I bite!
Aww is it not £13.99 it's too much at £19.99

They haven't taken of the £ like they do on every release yet (always click on the links to see if it says save £X amount )

So it will either be £14.99 like the mist and Amelie or as per OP £13.99
I expect this to go live at the weekend so don't stress just yet

Reactions: Flash
They haven't taken of the £ like they do on every release yet (always click on the links to see if it says save £X amount )

So it will either be £14.99 like the mist and Amelie or as per OP £13.99
I expect this to go live at the weekend so don't stress just yet

Thank you again :thumbs:

Reactions: Flloydo
This is now live on Zavvi now...they are matt finish.....I have seen concepts in the flesh and they look amazing!

http://www.zavvi.com/offers/steelbooks/pre-order.list

These are Zavvi exclusives.

Bronson is not live yet

And I'm not happy about matte to be honest. Has to be full gloss or spot gloss for this and Amelie especially

But thanks for the info

I'll cancel the others now and wait for a price drop for this, mist and Amelie

This is now live on Zavvi now...they are matt finish.....I have seen concepts in the flesh and they look amazing!

http://www.zavvi.com/offers/steelbooks/pre-order.list

These are Zavvi exclusives.

Bronson is not live yet

And I'm not happy about matte to be honest. Has to be full gloss or spot gloss for this and Amelie especially

But thanks for the info

I'll cancel the others now and wait for a price drop for this, mist and Amelie
Was gona say, Bronson hasn't been live yet, has it... ? :confused: And yep, totally agree with @Flloydo if indeed this is going to be just plain matte finish... (n)

Reactions: Flloydo
. . . or at lest until you see pics and details posted here . ..;)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I ruled the world . . . no, sorry . . . if I manufactured steelbooks . . . before I put them into final production I'd take a few copies of each in the raw unfinished state after the artwork has been applied and have each finished differently to see which one looked the best and the best as voted for by my trusted design minions would be the one put into production.
Then, of course, I'll need to speak to the nice people that come to the decision about the pricing . . .
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
According to Scanavo the main finishes are as follows though others including SATIN, SILK-SCREEN LACQUER and PARTIAL VARNISH are mentioned:-
MATTE: Mutes colours to provide a soft look that works well to enhance dramatic appeal and gives an authentic and original feel with the greatest appeal of this finish being the ultra-fine grainy texture it adds to the steelbook case. Particularly effective with smoky backgrounds or artwork that evokes an air of mystery ("The Mist" . . . LOL).
ZERO VARNISH: Neutral low-gloss finish; maintains high colour intensity and brightness; high resistance to scratching.
SPOT GLOSS: Delivers best advantages of both matte and gloss varnish and used to create contrast by isolating key elements in the design with gloss varnish to separate and highlight. The edges of the steelbook will be gloss with this finish.
GLOSS: Reflective, high polished finish which intensifies colours to make them brighter and richer. Prone to light surface scratches and shows fingerprints easily.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If the final products with the artwork as seen in the mock-ups are allowed to remain totally matte I can see a lot of unhappy campers taking exception to this as well as a lot of unsold steelbooks sitting on warehouse shelves as well as the inevitable 7 quid prices in a few months time.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Obi Wan Dandobi
Sorry I thought Bronson was....I can assure you we chose the finish to ensure we bring out the best in the artwork. You have see them in the flesh to appreciate how good they look. Don't be deterred until you get a copy.. :thumbs:

I'm not trying to start an argument but you say you chose the finish to bring out the best in the artwork but your saying all 4 are matte and it sounds to me like one was chosen for matte and becuase these 4 are in a wave with certain new art the others automatically got matte too.
Surely spot glossing brings out the art for this and ghostrider
(And I'm not even interested in the awful film that's ghostrider 2 but was planning I get it when it's cheaper because the art looks fantastic)
Just hope that these are not streaky matte now you've confirmed the finish

This is now live on Zavvi now...they are matt finish.....I have seen concepts in the flesh and they look amazing!.

Sorry, but I haven't seen a single steelbook that would work better with a matte finish. Let's be honest this is NOT an aesthetic decision it's a cost saving decision no matter how many times we're told otherwise. A matte finish immediately knocks £5 off the price I'm willing to pay for a steelbook quite honestly.

Reactions: Ranavalone