Earth
Release date: November 16, 2017
Purchase link: Amazon DE
Price: €14.99

Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 1.20.39 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: smileyx9
I don't hate it, but I don't exactly love it either. It's cool to see they've used original poster art, but that's basically all they've done, so it looks kinda lazy IMO... for a start, I'd probably make the back B&W to match the front. Still, it's better than I expected!

I don't hate it, but I don't exactly love it either. It's cool to see they've used original poster art, but that's basically all they've done, so it looks kinda lazy IMO... for a start, I'd probably make the back B&W to match the front. Still, it's better than I expected!
Classic. Not lazy. Go look at the Best Buy cover for Close Encounters, and you'll see where "creative" can end up.:vomit:
Unless the original one sheet was bad art to begin with, there should always be at least one steelbook with the original poster art.
I agree that the back should have been different though. Perhaps exact same color scheme with action shot of the car.

Classic. Not lazy. Go look at the Best Buy cover for Close Encounters, and you'll see where "creative" can end up.:vomit:
Unless the original one sheet was bad art to begin with, there should always be at least one steelbook with the original poster art.
I agree that the back should have been different though. Perhaps exact same color scheme with action shot of the car.
The posters are definitely classic, but just slapping them on a steelbook and calling it a day is pretty lazy... they haven't even attempted to blend them at all, so it looks like a combination of two different steels IMO. I do actually really like the front though, so I may still pick this up.

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
The posters are definitely classic, but just slapping them on a steelbook and calling it a day is pretty lazy... they haven't even attempted to blend them at all, so it looks like a combination of two different steels IMO. I do actually really like the front though, so I may still pick this up.
I've been saying it for years. Put the release poster art on the front, and put the pre release teaser poster art on the back.

A feature of this wave - apart from original poster art - looks like it could be the different background colouring of the front and the back covers:-

FORBIDDEN PLANET / THE LAST SAMURAI back art?

Probably asked before, but is there any chance for a UK release?

Hopefully all of these from the new WB wave (or at least those new to steelbooks in the UK).
All already announced for France and Germany (Oct. & Nov. 2017 releases):-
1) ZODIAC
upload_2017-11-19_14-13-38.png

2 THE LAST SAMURAI
upload_2017-11-19_14-12-19.png

3) BULLITT
upload_2017-11-19_14-15-10.png

4) DOG DAY AFTERNOON
upload_2017-11-19_14-16-3.png

5) FORBIDDEN PLANET
upload_2017-11-19_14-17-1.png

6) CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY
upload_2017-11-19_14-18-39.png

7) MAD MAX: FURY ROAD - BLACK & CHROME
upload_2017-11-19_14-20-20.png

8) ROBIN HOOD: PRINCE OF THIEVES apparently cancelled
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for 3 iconic car related BDs in a steelbook (including BULLITT) - there's always this release (although not sure if still available as released back in November, 2012):-
DO7U7khUEAE0s6J.jpg:large

• Helpful Post
Reactions: zoltan_g
My copy arrived today (Yep Sunday, Amazon have been doing Sunday deliveries round our way for a month) and a lovely steel it is too. No complaints here.

Copy from Amazon.de arrived today. Very cool steelbook. B&W matt front with metallic silver on title 'Bullitt' and right hand stripe. The back is orange red and black metallic so as the light catches McQueen's image it turns from a positive to negative image.

Much better than I'd anticipated, and recommended.

I sure hope this Wave hits the shores of the U.S. and ends up in Best Buy or Target. I like the artwork as I prefer Poster Art to Crapola Art like the CE3K disaster that recently reared it's ugly head.

I sure hope this Wave hits the shores of the U.S. and ends up in Best Buy or Target. I like the artwork as I prefer Poster Art to Crapola Art like the CE3K disaster that recently reared it's ugly head.

any reason you won't just order them from Amazon.de?
They're really cheap even with shipping.. I've got Bullitt and Zodiac on their way to me now.

my copy arrived today..
totally impressed by the shiny silver text on the cover and spine (was hard to see in the pics posted so far)

It's a winner for $17 shipped to the US