Cabin In The Woods (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 15, 2018
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-orders will be live around 6pm UK time on Saturday July 7th, 2018)
Price: £24.99

11800627-7444589824653114.jpg

11800627-1544594229992257.jpg11800627-5344594229824689.jpg

Last edited:
I've got the Plain Archive affiliated one. (i think they did the art?)

It's nice. Cool slipcover with nice embossing.

Correct, it was Plain Archive selective. Shows Plain's old logo on the back at the bottom.

And still available at Kimchidvd Here :thumbs:

Thanks guys :thumbs: I nearly purchased the HMV Steelbook release today as I was unaware of this edition. Digged around and came across an old thread of this on HDN with “in hand” photos of this release which I must say looks amazing and love the finish plus the ‘bossing especially the blood drip on the back. May grab a few other things aswell since it will be my first purchase with them at their web store.

Reactions: MGD
Thanks guys :thumbs: I nearly purchased the HMV Steelbook release today as I was unaware of this edition. Digged around and came across an old thread of this on HDN with “in hand” photos of this release which I must say looks amazing and love the finish plus the ‘bossing especially the blood drip on the back. May grab a few other things aswell since it will be my first purchase with them at their web store.
Anyone got that link handy with the in hand pics?

Speaking about that release - remembering some problems w/ the original discs supplied and replacement discs sent out in those little disc envelopes … not saying it could happen here but just to be sure maybe worth checking the 2D disc that it arrives with the code LGB94935B.

Regarding the burnt orange colouring: seems to be a recent mini fad on both sides of the pond for horror films' steelbooks.

Correct. My disc was faulty but they replaced it no problem.

Someone on reddit said they were having issues ordering. They contacted Zavvi and got this reply:

Anyone else having issues ordering this?

Australia zavvi show the full steel-book! Can’t wait for this love the film. Looks sweet. Love the nod to the god hand bursting up through the forest on the back! The effigies on the front the fool, *****, athelete, scribe and virgin was inspired. Not out for a while though:(

https://m.zavvi.com.au/blu-ray/cabi...rsion-zavvi-exclusive-steelbook/11800627.html
Zavvi is UK the other zavvi sites are just currency and language versions of Zavvi main website
All products are UK releases

Artwork is showing on UK main site so that's what will be seen on the other Zavvi sites

11800627-7444589824653114 (1).jpg 11800627-1544594229992257.jpg 11800627-5344594229824689.jpg

Australia zavvi show the full steel-book! Can’t wait for this love the film. Looks sweet. Love the nod to the god hand bursting up through the forest on the back! The effigies on the front the fool, *****, athelete, scribe and virgin was inspired. Not out for a while though:(

https://m.zavvi.com.au/blu-ray/cabi...rsion-zavvi-exclusive-steelbook/11800627.html
Brilliant! Thanks for the info.
Doesn't look too shabby now w/ the wraparound design . . . but still not really in the same league as the previous.

Brilliant! Thanks for the info.
Doesn't look too shabby now w/ the wraparound design . . . but still not really in the same league as the previous.

The original was just the theatrical poster though. Printed on the front of a steelbook. It was also the same design as the standard dvd. Pretty sure if they had just released the same tired design all over again everyone would be complaining about that too. I for one am glad they have given us something new and exclusive. Agree totally about the wraparound design.

The original was just the theatrical poster though. Printed on the front of a steelbook. It was also the same design as the standard dvd. Pretty sure if they had just released the same tired design all over again everyone would be complaining about that too. I for one am glad they have given us something new and exclusive. Agree totally about the wraparound design.

Yes, they could've use the same artwork as the original but highly unlikely they'd have done that . . . not saying there's anything wrong with reusing the same artwork several years later w/ several recent examples of that practice here in the UK including MARS ATTACKS (2014 & 2017), SALT (2010 & 2017), ELYSIUM (2013 & 2017), MOON (2014 & 2017) and THE GREEN HORNET (2011 & 2017).
More usually original poster designs are used here for the first steelbook release with new, fresh designs used on subsequent steelbook releases of the same films - such as here w/ CitW (recent others include THE GAME, THE INCREDIBLES, THE BIRDS, WW Z, ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST, WANTED, THE THING, SE7EN, PSYCHO, SERENITY, E.T., SCARFACE etc.).