Call of Duty: Classic Megathread - TOO MUCH news to fit in the title!

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
The game that started it all… Call of Duty: Classic, the remake of the original Call of Duty, hits PlayStation Network this November and comes free with both the Hardened and Prestige editions of Modern Warfare 2.

ww2-call-of-duty.jpg

Call of Duty is a first-person shooter video game developed by Infinity Ward and published by Activision. The game simulates the infantry and combined arms warfare of World War II.

New information states that the game has been rescaled in HD, with improved visuals. Additionally, online multiplayer is present with a variety of modes including Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Retrieval, Headquarters, Search & Destroy and Behind Enemy Lines, and will support 8 players.

Last edited:
Release: Shipping with Hardened and Prestige editions of Modern Warfare 2, and available on PSN for purchase.

Trophies: WILL include 38 trophies including a platinum trophy!

Graphics: The game has been rescaled in HD, with improved visuals.

Multiplayer: On-line multiplayer is present with a variety of modes including Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Retrieval, Headquarters, Search & Destroy and Behind Enemy Lines, and will support 8 players.

Last edited:
Ahhhh, I got the game with the Hardened MW2. I'm not too impressed with the multiplayer. Maybe its just because the maps are too big for 8 players max. I'll be focusing on the single player and the platinum trophy.

I thought for sure this would be in the store this week! I want a code... anyone have an extra? :p

It appeared on the EU store for two days and then was removed

The fact that Call of Duty: Classic appeared on the EU PSN Store on Tuesday wasn’t a surprise, SCEE’s Mike Kebby had been teasing ’something special’ for the 10th for a while. What is surprising is that it shouldn’t have. “For those who have noticed the issue regarding Call of Duty: Classic, we were advised that the game should have only been available as a voucher, and not widely available for the public,” said Kebby, “so we had to remove it from the store. Apologies for this, but there was a miscommunication between us and the publisher.”

The HD remake of the original Call of Duty was originally only meant to be available for those that pre-ordered the special editions of Modern Warfare 2, so the removal seems reasonable. However, that’s some miscommunication when it comes with a retail price, too. “If you bought it, you keep it, simple as that,” said Kebby, “it’s just not going to be available for the wider public at the moment.” If it’s available later, once the MW2 hype dies down, there’s much less chance of people buying it. Still, nice little balls-up there from someone.

Ahhhh, I got the game with the Hardened MW2. I'm not too impressed with the multiplayer. Maybe its just because the maps are too big for 8 players max. I'll be focusing on the single player and the platinum trophy.

I think the multiplayer is excellent. Far better than the new versions of COD MW, MW2, World At War.

I just don't like the new Perks and levelling systems of latest games. Shouldn't have to play a game for days/months/years on end.... just for a weapon or weapon accessory.

Where as COD classic is a pick up and play game... where everyone has the same "level". No advantages or disadvantages

Purely down to player skill, if you're at the top of the list at the end of a game.

Last edited by a moderator: