[CANCELED] Dead Man's Shoes (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stick with the dvd if you already have it.

Unless this is a re-master, the blu-ray transfer of this great film is not much better than the dvd disc.

Plus there are no extras on the BD disc, whereas the dvd does.

No doubt Zavvi will try fleece us for £17.99 for this conjob.

Last edited:
Watched this film after seeing romeo brass and based on the director and locations, totally blown away by it, knew nothing about the film before hand and that's the best way to watch it if possible :thumbs:
Paddy Considine put's in an amazing performance.
Wouldn't mind the steelbook but only if the artwork is out of this world :)

I've just had a sneak peek at the artwork for this, and man, are Zavvi really pulling out the stops for this:

DeadMansShoes_zps0c3e779a.jpg

Curious about it so might just splash out on the steelbook, then again might just get the blu ray instead of waiting for whenever this decides to be released.

*cough cough*

Anything Zavvi, anything!?!

Disclaimer: Sorry to the people subscribing to the thread hoping for some official news. There isn't any..... :p

Reactions: Noodles
I'm thinking they've looked at the (lack of) sales of 'This is England' and decided against it.

That would be a shame. :(
It would be a shame, but I doubt that's the case... sales for the majority of Zavvi's steelbooks seem to be pretty rubbish, and yet they still keep churning them out. I guess we'll just have to be patient for this one. ;)

Reactions: spass
I'm thinking they've looked at the (lack of) sales of 'This is England' and decided against it.

i doubt it. dead mans shoe could appeal to a far wider audience than this is england.

i mean, how many international customers would buy a film entitled 'this is Ukraine,' about a very specific time in recent ukrainian history which only a few groups of people in ukrainian society can really relate too? good film or not, its appeal is limited locally.

however a Ukrainian film in the vein of dead mans shoes... anyone can enjoy that!

Reactions: themanfromunkle
Status
Not open for further replies.