[CANCELLED] Edge of Tomorrow (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. ?) [Hong Kong]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really disappointed at the cancellation, but don't understand why it became a battle of the stars/sexes in this case....I think both Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt were leads, with Tom Cruise probably having slightly more screen time....not sure why one star had to be given more preference by Manta, or why the studio was being so touchy....it could have been both of them on the cover of the steelbook if that solved the issue....I am sure there would have been plenty of great artwork possible still...

Yes, I think I read many years ago that Cruise is one of those that needs his face on merch per contract.
Looks like that's still the case, unfortunately. :cry:

Still, I'm surprised they wouldn't let them touch the promo art. The sequel is in pre-production, so maybe they're playing their cards close to their chests on this one for the time being. They seemed to have dropped the original title for good with the sequel (Live Die Repeat and Repeat), so maybe they're not too keen on any other "Edge of Tomorrow" titled art muddying up the brand.

Such a shame about this release, though. Manta's effort would've been incredible, I'm sure. Good on them for choosing not to put out a compromised package. :artist:

• Thanks
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
Looks like that's still the case, unfortunately. :cry:

Still, I'm surprised they wouldn't let them touch the promo art. The sequel is in pre-production, so maybe they're playing their cards close to their chests on this one for the time being. They seemed to have dropped the original title for good with the sequel (Live Die Repeat and Repeat), so maybe they're not too keen on any other "Edge of Tomorrow" titled art muddying up the brand.

Such a shame about this release, though. Manta's effort would've been incredible, I'm sure. Good on them for choosing not to put out a compromised package. :artist:

so the new one wont be Edge of Tomorrow 2?

and gutted, but had a feeling this would happen :(

Status
Not open for further replies.