Can't find anything on this Doctor Strange?

Jan 24, 2018
Hey y'all, sorry if I'm digging up well tread roads, but I ordered a Doctor Strange steel off eBay last week (just the standard Zavvi release with the front/back pose in the Sanctum). It's almost here but tonight while browsing I saw the seller has this (https://www.ebay.com/itm/Doctor-Strange-Exclusive-Lenticular-Magnet-Steelbook-Blu-Ray-3D-Blu-Ray-NEW/252824277743?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649) for sale. I've done a fair bit of googling but I can't find any info on the steel. Mostly just want to see if the art under the lenti is any different or better than the edition I've already purchased from him or her - if not, I'll probably just stick with what I have, though I'm not crazy about the art on it. Any and all help appreciated!

s-l1600.jpg

Hey y'all, sorry if I'm digging up well tread roads, but I ordered a Doctor Strange steel off eBay last week (just the standard Zavvi release with the front/back pose in the Sanctum). It's almost here but tonight while browsing I saw the seller has this (https://www.ebay.com/itm/Doctor-Strange-Exclusive-Lenticular-Magnet-Steelbook-Blu-Ray-3D-Blu-Ray-NEW/252824277743?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649) for sale. I've done a fair bit of googling but I can't find any info on the steel. Mostly just want to see if the art under the lenti is any different or better than the edition I've already purchased from him or her - if not, I'll probably just stick with what I have, though I'm not crazy about the art on it. Any and all help appreciated!

s-l1600.jpg
There are 3 dr strange steelbooks that look differently (from blufans)

First one is the the lenticular one from zavvi

Second one is the original release from zavvi (title on the spine)

Third one is the original release from best buy (no title on the spine)

*first picture is the Lenticular artwork from Zavvi and the second picture is the artwork for the original release from zavvi and best buy*

Attachments

• 7B5394B8-1867-47B6-8CD4-9784DEE9055F.png
    7B5394B8-1867-47B6-8CD4-9784DEE9055F.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 266
  • 9EC12F07-78D2-4D15-8406-C184943FD28C.png
    9EC12F07-78D2-4D15-8406-C184943FD28C.png
    869.4 KB · Views: 260
  • Thanks
Reactions: Knucklehead211

s-l1600.jpg
this is not an original sealed version
think its an open version and a other lenticular in
:)

this is not an original sealed version
think its an open version and a other lenticular in
:)

But where would that lenti have even come from? The only other place I've seen it used as art is on some of the full slips, where it would be part of the slip and not a magnet.

There are 3 dr strange steelbooks that look differently (from blufans)

First one is the the lenticular one from zavvi

Second one is the original release from zavvi (title on the spine)

Third one is the original release from best buy (no title on the spine)

*first picture is the Lenticular artwork from Zavvi and the second picture is the artwork for the original release from zavvi and best buy*

Those all line up with what I've found on google. The one I've already had shipped was the Zavvi lenti, just a bit dull in comparison to this other one.

Pretty sure someone is pulling a fast one. Its probably a Zavvi steelbook and then they slapped a custom lenti on it. And its not really "new" either is my guess.

Might be, but if you follow a google image search for a bit you can turn up some German Doctor Strange steelbooks (or concepts for them) that look very similar. Of course this is labelled with UK stuff on the 1/4 slip which is in contrast. Dude also has like 2K positive feedback on eBay, so I'm hesitant to call it sketch - if it's a ruse, maybe he picked it up from someone else.

But where would that lenti have even come from? The only other place I've seen it used as art is on some of the full slips, where it would be part of the slip and not a magnet.

there is a guy on ebay that does any lenti pretty much for any film.

examples below
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/planetary_funk_alert/m.html?item=302687958662&hash=item46799bb686:g:6mIAAOSwLhBatXMN&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

this one dont look too bad
s-l1600.jpg

this def looks like someone pulling a fast one tbh but theres plenty of dodgys out there

basil :thumbs:

• Thanks
@Knucklehead211 That's a definitely a custom job. There are unfortunately many who do so and many who fall for it.

The lenti is custom made, the steelbook was unsealed, the lenti inserted, then the whole thing re-sealed.

I recommend for future reference, doing a search on this forum, asking other fellow collectors around when in doubt, before making a purchase.

• Thanks
@Knucklehead211 That's a definitely a custom job. There are unfortunately many who do so and many who fall for it.

The lenti is custom made, the steelbook was unsealed, the lenti inserted, then the whole thing re-sealed.

I recommend for future reference, doing a search on this forum, asking other fellow collectors around when in doubt, before making a purchase.

No worries, I haven't bought that one - I picked up the Zavvi release from the same seller. I always research before I buy; that's why having found nothing from Google or the search bar here, I posted :thumbs: It really wouldn't have bugged me either way as I immediately open all of mine and toss away the 1/4 slip (HERESY) and all the normal release art for this was pretty **** imho, but at this stage I'd rather just stick with what I have. I do appreciate all the input, and I'll report back with what the seller (scammer) says.

Reactions: IRON MAN
I like the custom lentis where the person is just selling the lenti and not falsifying some new steelbook they pieced together.

• Thanks