Another Steelbook from France.

Release date of December 17th, 2011.

51uIlMfKyfL.jpg

http://www.amazon.fr/dp/B005KRO752/?tag=hidefnin0a-21

Last edited by a moderator:
From lgans316 @forum.BD

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Amazon.fr.

From your e-mail, I understand that you want to know whether items "Captain America - Super Combo Blu-ray 3D active + Blu-ray 2D + DVD + Copie digitale [Blu-ray]" and "La Planète Des Singes : Les Origines - Blu-ray Collector boîtier métal (Blu-ray + DVD + Copie digitale + DVD Bonus + Senetype) - Inclus 40 min de scènes inédites [Blu-ray]" will be released in Steelbook format (boîtier métal).

After having researched the items and their details, I inform you that item "La Planète Des Singes : Les Origines - Blu-ray Collector boîtier métal (Blu-ray + DVD + Copie digitale + DVD Bonus + Senetype) - Inclus 40 min de scènes inédites [Blu-ray]" will be released in Steelbook format as it is already mentioned in the title of the item.

Regarding item "Captain America - Super Combo Blu-ray 3D active + Blu-ray 2D + DVD + Copie digitale [Blu-ray]", I inform you that the stock available in our distribution centre for this item is both steelbook and plastic box. We cannot assure you that you will receive the steelbook of this item because the item is picked randomly by members of our distribution centre during shippment of your order. therefore we inform you that you may receive either of the book i'e Steelbook or Plastic box.

We do appreciate that sometimes the amount of information we display may make it difficult to make a purchasing decision unless you already know something about the item. Our editorial staff are constantly working on increasing the information we provide about each item as it becomes available to us.
-------------

Now i am afraid i will cancel my pre-order, i will not take the risk... :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I edited the thread title and removed possible as it seems to be a steelbook. It just boggles my mind how amazon.fr cannot list this as a steelbook, when it does for other releases.

Reactions: MEDIAMEX
From lgans316 @forum.BD

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Amazon.fr.

From your e-mail, I understand that you want to know whether items "Captain America - Super Combo Blu-ray 3D active + Blu-ray 2D + DVD + Copie digitale [Blu-ray]" and "La Planète Des Singes : Les Origines - Blu-ray Collector boîtier métal (Blu-ray + DVD + Copie digitale + DVD Bonus + Senetype) - Inclus 40 min de scènes inédites [Blu-ray]" will be released in Steelbook format (boîtier métal).

After having researched the items and their details, I inform you that item "La Planète Des Singes : Les Origines - Blu-ray Collector boîtier métal (Blu-ray + DVD + Copie digitale + DVD Bonus + Senetype) - Inclus 40 min de scènes inédites [Blu-ray]" will be released in Steelbook format as it is already mentioned in the title of the item.

Regarding item "Captain America - Super Combo Blu-ray 3D active + Blu-ray 2D + DVD + Copie digitale [Blu-ray]", I inform you that the stock available in our distribution centre for this item is both steelbook and plastic box. We cannot assure you that you will receive the steelbook of this item because the item is picked randomly by members of our distribution centre during shippment of your order. therefore we inform you that you may receive either of the book i'e Steelbook or Plastic box.

We do appreciate that sometimes the amount of information we display may make it difficult to make a purchasing decision unless you already know something about the item. Our editorial staff are constantly working on increasing the information we provide about each item as it becomes available to us.
-------------

Now i am afraid i will cancel my pre-order, i will not take the risk... :(

Mate, you are a life saver, thank you! What on earth are they playing at? So now I'm going to have to re-order from amazon.de... :angry:

Reactions: MEDIAMEX
This sux. Oh well. I guess I take the chance and keep my order in. I have it with a bunch of other steels anyway. Still have the German one pre-ordered too. Amazon.fr needs to get their act together!!! Wreck!!! DB!!! Get on it!!!

I remember this going on with the Jackie Brown BD SB's. Some people got amaray casing, some got steelbooks. Amazon.fr said the same thing back then. You get whatever they pull. :p

That is the same reply they always give you about steelbooks. When I order from them I just try and make sure to order another movie that I know is a steelbook with it and so far I have been lucky in getting the steelbook version all the time. I am sure it is just random, but it can't hurt to try.

damn!!!:angry: i should of read these tread earlier:( just finished placing an order for this and Rise of the Planet of the Apes steelbook, they better be both Steelbooks:ohno:

because the item is picked randomly by members of our distribution centre during shippment of your order.

WoW!!! That's a big load c....!!! Are they serious??? I thought they would pick ALL steelbook first and then send amaray. Not choosing randomly between the versions...

If both Amaray and Steelbook are available in their warehouse, and their page doesn't list the title as Steelbook, they always randomly choose.

Usually, you have to pay the shipping cost to return the Amaray, because it's not their fault (they don't list it as Steelbook, so you have to assume it's Amaray).

That is the same reply they always give you about steelbooks. When I order from them I just try and make sure to order another movie that I know is a steelbook with it and so far I have been lucky in getting the steelbook version all the time. I am sure it is just random, but it can't hurt to try.

I did exactly this when I wanted the steelbook for Match Point after reading about the random pull from several folks here. And I left them a message about making sure they pick the steelbook together with the other steels I ordered (Sucker Punch and Batman). Unfortunately this time with this preorder, they shipped the other items first and now I am afraid this time it will truly be the luck of the draw.

another hassle to deal with:(
last time i ordered from them, i never received my package. They said that it was undeliverable to my address:angry:

They may have fixed the undeliverable issue Ocielz. I placed an order last month, and the steelbooks arrived with no problem (used standard shipping as well). The same thing happened to me earlier this year though. Returned as undeliverable. There is no guarantee if you'll get a steelbook though. Shame.