Captain America: Civil War (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Nova Choice #13) [Korea]

Hooltra

The French Touch
Premium Supporter
Jul 15, 2011
Paris, France
Release date: January 27, 2017
Purchase link: Full Slip A - Full Slip B - Lenticular - One Click - Pre-order on December 16, 2016 at 10 PM (Korea Time, UTC+9)
Price: $49 (Individual editions) - $147 (One click)
HDN Group Buy: hosted by Aniv
Notes:
Total print run = 2.1K
- Full slip A : 400 copies, numbered
- Full slip B : 400 copies, numbered
- Lenticular slip : 400 copies, numbered
- One click package : 300 copies. Same number (Full slip A + Full slip B + Lenticular slip)
- Order Limit : One Click X 1
- Order Gift : Pet Slip & Lenticular Magnet Spine Cover

Standard release thread HERE (Non Nova choice - Kimchi)
15304251_837840449653062_2808096875142595520_o.jpg 15385288_837840452986395_9015352275634012841_o.jpg 15369980_837840446319729_1973105448836428829_o.jpg
Package details
- 2D+3D (2disc)
- 28 pages booklet (English, Korean)
- 5x character card
- 2x post card
15391282_837840496319724_5147904080785244564_o.jpg
15419691_837841416319632_317632389915613045_o.jpg

Lenticular slip:
source.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Curse of nova...
what curse?

Because blufans offered a better WEA alternative for just a little bit more.
not for me it isnt. There are only 2 Blufans steels that were nice by my opinion - Wall-E and Oz (the latter of which Zavvi did a version of, pretty much)
Blufan's have always been the most expensive and the artwork was never enough to make me bite and pay more.

I quite like the dull WWA image over the cheesey WEA. Gloss or not, cant change my mind on the preferred image (which tbh is the rear of the WWA)

Plus Nova lenti's are always good and this image is sweet as well as being cheaper(which is a MASSIVE deal since the value of the £ dropped) so clearly a winner IMO

Am just super surprised it didnt sell out like ALL other prior Marvels (that also had Blufans or Kimchi or whoever else, variations) though, espcecially considering its a lower print run.

Nova isn't cursed, its just a bad combination of things all at once. You have the dramatic drop in the £ against the $, time of year and not being the first to get their product out which they normally are. They need to get their lead times up in my opinion, they've just shown their John Wick 2 exclusive steelbook and the film isn't even out yet lol. I think what hurts them with the DC movies too is they are missing out a version of the movie with each release which puts people off. They'll bounce back next year no doubt

• Thanks
Reactions: JCC and harry
what curse?

not for me it isnt. There are only 2 Blufans steels that were nice by my opinion - Wall-E and Oz (the latter of which Zavvi did a version of, pretty much)
Blufan's have always been the most expensive and the artwork was never enough to make me bite and pay more.

I quite like the dull WWA image over the cheesey WEA. Gloss or not, cant change my mind on the preferred image (which tbh is the rear of the WWA)

Plus Nova lenti's are always good and this image is sweet as well as being cheaper(which is a MASSIVE deal since the value of the £ dropped) so clearly a winner IMO

Am just super surprised it didnt sell out like ALL other prior Marvels (that also had Blufans or Kimchi or whoever else, variations) though, espcecially considering its a lower print run.
Which is exactly why you bought Nova and most people didn't

• Thanks
Reactions: yeslek
Nova isn't cursed, its just a bad combination of things all at once. You have the dramatic drop in the £ against the $, time of year and not being the first to get their product out which they normally are. They need to get their lead times up in my opinion, they've just shown their John Wick 2 exclusive steelbook and the film isn't even out yet lol. I think what hurts them with the DC movies too is they are missing out a version of the movie with each release which puts people off. They'll bounce back next year no doubt
Very true. Several factors why this is still in stock. They just have to get better at release times. 2016 has been an odd year for Nova. After Incredible Hulk and T2 as NE and a handful of NC, their exclusives has been very few..excited to see how they bounce back in 2017.

You make some good points. I think the Exclusive line is their strong point and they have been releasing more of the Choice line lately. Having mediocre WWA steelbooks with awesome slips will lose to WEA steelbooks with awesome slips EVERY time. Blufans has been good about releasing pictures of their upcoming packages on time, putting people off from buying the version with the crappy steelbook or steelbook they already own. Also, with Manta Lab in the business now and FilmArena increasing their releases, the field is getting more and more crowded. I bet Nova has some awesome releases up their sleeve though!

Incredible Hulk and Dredd despite being exclusives didn't sell as expected and didn't fair well in the secondary market either. I think strong $ is going to cause quite a bit of worry to these Asian retailers next year. Surely this is great for North American buyers but not the rest. Anyone thinking currency won't influence purchasing decisions are either super rich or delusional.

• Thanks
Reactions: yeslek and harry
Incredible Hulk and Dredd despite being exclusives didn't sell as expected and didn't fair well in the secondary market either. I think strong $ is going to cause quite a bit of worry to these Asian retailers next year. Surely this is great for North American buyers but not the rest. Anyone thinking currency won't influence purchasing decisions are either super rich or delusional.

Very true about currancey rates affecting purchases. I know it did for me when the pound was doing a lot better against the dollar and. Now that's it's lower I've been buying more lol.

Nova need's to sell the idea that their products are sought after again. They need to release Dr. Strange early, pack it full of goodies such as lenticular cards / spines, chose great art and execute it flawlessly, lower the price to make it like wwa + goodies (which is what it is, rather than a blufans competitor) and then make the print run super limited, 500 akin to batman v superman would work well. Get the hype train going again, have another release or two go for triple the price on ebay and nobody will want to miss their next release

true - missing disc's/versions are why am still yet to bite on any premium Suicide Squad release(Nova included)

But the strength of the £ has certainly got me being more picky - average steelbook import has increased by £10 for me so between that, xmas and a recent house move I've had to cut RIGHT down :(

Nova will bounce back, but maybe if they get bigger packages (ie more fluff included in a release rather than just a slip and some art cards with the WWA steel) they will bounce back fine :)

Nova need's to sell the idea that their products are sought after again. They need to release Dr. Strange early, pack it full of goodies such as lenticular cards / spines, chose great art and execute it flawlessly, lower the price to make it like wwa + goodies (which is what it is, rather than a blufans competitor) and then make the print run super limited, 500 akin to batman v superman would work well. Get the hype train going again, have another release or two go for triple the price on ebay and nobody will want to miss their next release
Exactly THIS

• Thanks
Reactions: matthewtheunicorn
Irrespective of which set is better or a better value, wouldn't it bother most collectors that Nova didn't do a release for The First Avenger?

I'm a novice compared with most in this forum but it seems like continuity in collecting seems really important.

Even if you prefer nova, why would get you get 2/3 of a set when BF offers all 3?

Just curious.

Irrespective of which set is better or a better value, wouldn't it bother most collectors that Nova didn't do a release for The First Avenger?

I'm a novice compared with most in this forum but it seems like continuity in collecting seems really important.

Even if you prefer nova, why would get you get 2/3 of a set when BF offers all 3?

Just curious.
for some it matters, but for me, I'm not retailer loyal as such and have a mix of lenti's from Amazon, Kimchi, Manta, FAC and Nova. If there's a choice, I choose via artwork and cost.

Other's will have their own reasons.

Reactions: Veronica Mars

Just curious.
No you're completely right. I'm a huge advocate for nova releasing CA The First Avenger. I really want it to match the other two

Reactions: Veronica Mars
I'm sure Nova will release a premium version of all the current marvel films eventually.

I just personally can't take the chance and I'm also not a very patient person. :)

I don't think Novas are bad at all, I like the value and goodies but without the first film, I had no real choice.