Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: September 13, 2016
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $29.99

5450501_sa.jpg;canvasHeight=500;canvasWidth=394.jpeg

Given the news from @Drum18, and the Canada steelbook, this will be the same edition in the USA.
captain_civil.jpeg

Last edited:
I actually like the slip cover better than I do the steelbook.

A lot of copies I saw had scratches on the spine but not your typical spine slash. Honestly, a title on the spine is not that important for me if the steel is a piece of junk.

I actually like the slip cover better than I do the steelbook.

A lot of copies I saw had scratches on the spine but not your typical spine slash. Honestly, a title on the spine is not that important for me if the steel is a piece of junk.

My copy had paint chips at the back.

I still haven't decided if I should open the slip or the steel. I'm afraid to find damage on the back of the steel.
I'm sticking with opening the slip and leaving the steelbook sealed since I was able to swap out my shipped, dented copy. Especially since I know how bad the finish is. The one I returned also had paint chips and small scratches. Out of sight, out of mind on this release :rolleyes::whistle:

• Thanks
Reactions: darczap
Loving the debossing on here. Is this the first instance of a fade to flat with embossing? Usually everything's just embossed at the same height but not a fade from embossed to not embossed level.

Is dull and the blast on the shield is bare steelbook metal... Pretty lame.
But its CAP, the gritty AMERICAN Soldier (not shiny Iron Man or Thor) and I think the steel reflects him... Heck, I kinda wanna skip mine down the street, rough it up more :LOL:.
The previous CA TWS was also matte. I may custom gloss both of them too.
Hope the gloss job comes out good if done buddy ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: wjasoncul