Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99

1.jpg

2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

11275419-1734385576830311.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Received my copy today too and like the uniqueness of this one! Nice to have something different and it seems to have everything , gloss, vanish , Matt and debossing

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Received my copy today too and like the uniqueness of this one! Nice to have something different and it seems to have everything , gloss, vanish , Matt and debossing[/QUOTE]
Can you deleop plase to be sure?
The front seems to me matt varnish or zero finish, the back at least zero finish or maybe even glossy, what do you think?

I love the artwork on the back of the steel. Such an iconic shot from the movie and comics. I feel this shot would have made a lot of comic book fans very happy. I would have really preferred it on the front but you don't always get what you want. :ironman::cap:

Got mine today.. steels ok.. as expected really. Looks like spot gloss in the debossed crack

• Helpful Post
Reactions: harry
Got my copy yesterday :D I think the back artwork with Cap, Iron Man (and sparks etc) should have been spot glossed but with the front full glossy. I like the design and steel itself but the front artwork appears slightly dull... Inside artwork is awesome :hungry:

• Helpful Post
  • Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and harry
Anyone sitting on the fence regarding this steelbook I'd suggest they just ignore comments from those people who have not bought it.
Furthermore, I suggest they get their order in pronto as it's a real artistic stunner and certainly up there with the original HMV CA or any other U.K. steelbook you care to mention
10/10

This is far from a artistic stunner

Got a copy yesterday and the back is cool but the colours are still saturated making it worse than what it could of been

The front although I like the design like @Mickle_89 has said is extremely dull, the debossing is good but why spot gloss the middle of the crack lol weird, also the colours are awful on the front and so dull and washed out. Iron mans face is supposed to be gold!! Where's the colour?
Very odd

But the inside is amazing, excellent inside art

Front should of been glossed

Pics to follow alongside the original HMV CA and the Zavvi IM.

Just in case people get the wrong impression:-
a) This is NOT a dull steelbook and has a distinctive sheen to it which can best be appreciated on one of those steelbook display stands - certainly a steelbook that just about anybody wouldn't be embarrassed to have in their collection.
Certainly not a dull matte finish in case anyone gets that impression
b) Colouring is muted on both halves of the front - again obviously a design decision to blend IM's mask in with the CA logo.

Personally speaking don't see how this could have been improved design-wise and anyone thinking this is only a good 'un in a full gloss finish then I still suggest they buy it, pop down to their local DIY, buy a can of spray varnish and give it a once, twice or thrice over.

Can't see any future lenticular release topping this one either.

Conclusion: This is one classy steelbook