Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99

1.jpg

2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

11275419-1734385576830311.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pics to follow alongside the original HMV CA and the Zavvi IM.

Just in case people get the wrong impression:-
a) This is NOT a dull steelbook and has a distinctive sheen to it which can best be appreciated on one of those steelbook display stands - certainly a steelbook that just about anybody wouldn't be embarrassed to have in their collection.
Certainly not a dull matte finish in case anyone gets that impression
b) Colouring is muted on both halves of the front - again obviously a design decision to blend IM's mask in with the CA logo.

Personally speaking don't see how this could have been improved design-wise and anyone thinking this is only a good 'un in a full gloss finish then I still suggest they buy it, pop down to their local DIY, buy a can of spray varnish and give it a once, twice or thrice over.

Can't see any future lenticular release topping this one either.

Conclusion: This is one classy steelbook

Lol you can't see how this would be improved? The colour could match the actual colours of the characters for one. And decision to matte the front and gloss the back is a strange choice and could of been improved by matching the back gloss.
No saturation on the images too

Bam, improved

Sheen is one of the worst finishes on a steelbook period

The fact you praise their effortless artistic design is beyond me. And I can see a much better release in the future coming for this, the zavvi lenti edition will prob be better

• Thanks
Reactions: Basil and Mickle_89
Lol you can't see how this would be improved? The colour could match the actual colours of the characters for one. And decision to matte the front and gloss the back is a strange choice and could of been improved by matching the back gloss.

Bam, improved

The fact you praise their effortless artistic design is beyond me. And I can see a much better release in the future coming for this, the zavvi lenti edition will prob be better

That de-saturated look is clearly a tonal choice to reflect the nature of the film. It will also sit nice if you display your UK MCU releases in order as GOTG, Age of Ultron & Ant-Man are all silver/grey.

Can't comment on the finish since Zavvi have not managed to get my copy to me yet, alas. But it's a far better artwork than that rather oddly designed IMAX poster that Blufans are using.

• Thanks
Reactions: virkia

Bam, improved

Wait are you suggesting that Zavvi might plan to rerelease this in the future, Zavvi? Surely not :rofl:
I think it's ok, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess (would be a boring world if we all liked the same thing).
I've recently cancelled this as I'm guessing Nova will release a version soon with the same Steelbook.

That de-saturated look is clearly a tonal choice to reflect the nature of the film. It will also sit nice if you display your UK MCU releases in order as GOTG, Age of Ultron & Ant-Man are all silver/grey.

Can't comment on the finish since Zavvi have not managed to get my copy to me yet, alas. But it's a far better artwork than that rather oddly designed IMAX poster that Blufans are using.

Lol don't make me laugh, "a tonal choice to reflect the nature of the film"?!?!? No it's a lazy decision and we all know Disney are slipping with their WWA steels. They don't care
Lol tonal choice

They are silvery grey because they tried doing something new with guardians and antman and it's also called lazy (even though I don't mind those two)

Granted the blu fans IMAX poster isn't great. Especially when most IMAX posters for MCU are quite cool. Not sure what they did it wrong with civil war

Wait are you suggesting that Zavvi might plan to rerelease this in the future, Zavvi? Surely not :rofl:
I think it's ok, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess (would be a boring world if we all liked the same thing).
I've recently cancelled this as I'm guessing Nova will release a version soon with the same Steelbook.

I like the attempt and design they have gone for, the debossing on the crack is very well done and the inside art too, love the front and back image but the execution and finish is all wrong. And weird thing like glossing the middle of the crack lol

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Danzigg1979
SATURATION

Simple Definition of saturation

• : the act or result of making something very wet
    • : the act or result of supplying so much of something that no more is wanted
    • : the act of using military force over a whole area
Source: Merriam-Webster's Learner's Dictionary

In case anyone knows what the f*** that word has to do with this steelbook then message me.

LOL. someone's Word of the Day :banghead:

The silly issue certain "people" have with the muted colouring is in reality a NON-ISSUE as the colouring of this steelbook is perfectly in keeping with previous classic examples.

Reactions: Flash
Lol don't make me laugh, "a tonal choice to reflect the nature of the film"?!?!? No it's a lazy decision and we all know Disney are slipping with their WWA steels. They don't care
Lol tonal choice

They are silvery grey because they tried doing something new with guardians and antman and it's also called lazy (even though I don't mind those two)

Granted the blu fans IMAX poster isn't great. Especially when most IMAX posters for MCU are quite cool. Not sure what they did it wrong with civil war

I like the attempt and design they have gone for, the debossing on the crack is very well done and the inside art too, love the front and back image but the execution and finish is all wrong. And weird thing like glossing the middle of the crack lol
Debossing on the crack has always been an area which intrigues me. :rofl::rofl:
*Ahem sorry @Flloydo *

In all seriousness I wasn't fond of the ant-man one but when I got it surprised me, some things don't quite meet personal expectations some times, but hey everyone's opinion on whether they like it or not should be respected :thumbs: hopefully the Blufans or Nova one might be better?

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Debossing on the crack has always been an area which intrigues me. :rofl::rofl:
*Ahem sorry @Flloydo *

In all seriousness I wasn't fond of the ant-man one but when I got it surprised me, some things don't quite meet personal expectations some times, but hey everyone's opinion on whether they like it or not should be respected :thumbs: hopefully the Blufans or Nova one might be better?

Yeah I liked antman in hand

Nova will be the same as this but with slip and lenti etc and blu fans will most likely be full gloss and the steel has already been shown

SATURATION

In case anyone knows what the f*** that word has to do with this steelbook then message me.

The silly issue certain "people" have with the muted colouring is in reality a NON-ISSUE as the colouring of this steelbook is perfectly in keeping with previous classic examples.

Cool story Wikipedia

Makes me laugh that if your happy with soemthing that others are not then it's a non issue lol

Your taste in steels says it all really whenever you list your favs or the best art. It's laughable

Reactions: gaeljet
Reasonable steelbook I think. Really like the back. The front.....not so much, but it's okay. I don't think I'd be quite so picky if I hadn't paid so much for it. Twenty five quid isn't cheap. The more Zavvi jack up the price for these, the less the difference between them and the almost inevitable spiffy fullslip/lenti from abroad. I'm starting to wonder if I shouldn't think twice before pre ordering in the future.

SATURATION

Desaturation may refer to: In pulse oximetry, the condition of a low blood oxygen concentration. Reduction of colorfulness in image processing.

Reasonable steelbook I think. Really like the back. The front.....not so much, but it's okay. I don't think I'd be quite so picky if I hadn't paid so much for it. Twenty five quid isn't cheap. The more Zavvi jack up the price for these, the less the difference between them and the almost inevitable spiffy fullslip/lenti from abroad. I'm starting to wonder if I shouldn't think twice before pre ordering in the future.

It was.£23 after discount making this the cheapest amongst all WWA Steelbook release of this film. Also this will be the best in terms of value for money as it can go for higher price in the secondary market like.many other UK Marvel Steels.

Desaturation may refer to: In pulse oximetry, the condition of a low blood oxygen concentration. Reduction of colorfulness in image processing.
Yes, thank you for that, and yes I do know what DESATURATION means - at least in terms of colour - to wit, a bleaching effect by mixing colours with white or to put it another way a word that has ZERO relevance to this steelbook.

It is a real shame that Blufans dropped the ball on their version, but moving forward we should all now focus on the positives.

Owning a Blufans copy does at least go some small way to allowing you to become one of their members. Let's all keep the positivity flowing...

Jesus guys give it a rest. You like it, he doesnt. Who cares.

Agreed it's pretty boring and repetitive ramblings filling this thread

Watching the film again it was better second viewing (I did like it first time) but enjoyed it more. I loved Iron Man\Tony Stark with new Spiderman.

I really hope RDJ doesn't stop being Iron Man he is great as it :drool:

Reactions: thewoe
I love this steel but If you dont like this steel thats fine, it will be released in a year again by zavvi anyhow so you will just have to wait until then ;)

I love this steel but If you dont like this steel thats fine, it will be released in a year again by zavvi anyhow so you will just have to wait until then :p

Agree, Well said :thumbs:

I like the steelbook, others don't that's cool. The thing is people go on and on as if they are forced to buy it and how dare they buy poor/ugly etc products. No one has to buy it, don't like it, don't buy it. It's particularly the people who moan about the lenticulars and then all buy them that make me laugh lol

• Thanks
Reactions: thewoe
Agree, Well said :thumbs:

I like the steelbook, others don't that's cool. The thing is people go on and on as if they are forced to buy it and how dare they buy poor/ugly etc products. No one has to buy it, don't like it, don't buy it. It's particularly the people who moan about the lenticulars and then all buy them that make me laugh lol

Agreed, The thing is with the lenti wave is i love the actually steels but the lentis for thor, thor 2, avengers, and guarsians were terrible but i simply take them off, no harm done.