Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99

1.jpg

2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

11275419-1734385576830311.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I can remember Thor being available for some time, and everyone chilled and relaxed about ordering a copy. The same applied to the original Captain America.

I put this design right up there, and once again people will kick themselves if they miss out.

You will not pick this UK Steelbook up for anywhere near this price once it's OOS.

Totally agree, I think it's got a real hard edge to it, like the film. I particularly like the back and I know a lot of people moan but I quite like the faces on the spine :)

Reactions: alan chaplin
I think the steel design is good and the detail on the debossing is great around the cracks (not sure what a real hard edge means in refrence to the steel) but it's ruined once again by spine faces and this should be gloss.
Not matte or zero finish. The sheen/ shine on the metallic - y parts are just tacky. Not just this, that's goes for all steels where that happens.

And because I don't actually mind the design of the steel I will happy pay a few quid more for a nice lenti with depth, PET slip which I'm hoping plays on the image and also gives you a spine title, book and cards from nova. Plus once you pop you just can't stop

As time goes on I find it funny the cycle of events.

Before steelbook is released, pages and pages of debate about the film and endless moaning about proposed artwork,

After it's been released, more debate about the film, intensified moaning about artwork in reality.

In my opinion it's not the best steelbook or best film I've ever seen but I liked the film and I do like the steelbook. I don't find the steelbook tacky in any way I find it quite smart and understated in my opinion. I really like how more and more have have had the faces on the spine.
Also sometimes I hate gloss ones they end up with a thousand fingerprints I can't get off #Ocdnightmare.

As time goes on I find it funny the cycle of events.

Before steelbook is released, pages and pages of debate about the film and endless moaning about proposed artwork,

After it's been released, more debate about the film, intensified moaning about artwork in reality

Interestingly you do the same, especially if you hate a film others love or loves a film others hate

It's a forum, what the **** do you expect?
But if it's praise and love it's all fine! Lol

You've been told this so many times too

And I never said the steel was tacky, I said that zero finish or metalic shine/ sheen matte steels are extremely tacky.
A good example is the finish on the matrix reloaded or the back of monsters uni (great choice of image but ruined by the finsh making it have a sheen and dull colouring). Urgh, horrible

Interestingly you do the same, especially if you hate a film others love or loves a film others hate

It's a forum, what the **** do you expect?
But if it's praise and love it's all fine! Lol

You've been told this so many times too

And I never said the steel was tacky, I said that zero finish or metalic shine/ sheen matte steels are extremely tacky.
A good example is the finish on the matrix reloaded or the back of monsters uni (great choice of image but ruined by the finsh making it have a sheen and dull colouring). Urgh, horrible

and there you are as always.... lol

In your opinion the finish was tacky and I said in my opinion I don't think it is.

Whatever you say... It's so tedious even attempting to talk to you now, shame at one time you were fairly pleasant.

Moving on...

As zavvi have done recently in a few months they will probably release a lenticular edition but I quite like with these releases that you get the 3D with the same release. I hate when blurays are released one with bluray and another one with bluray and 3D. I even miss when they used to throw in a dvd copy it cost them buttons to include.

Oh not the DVDs. I remember the digital copies as a disc. Just adds more unnecessary weight!

Ah yes remember that, that was bit much but I liked getting the dvd, more stuff for your buck. So many releases now you get the bluray and nothing else

Mine came this morning, I like it. Loved the film so it was a must anyway but the debossing is great. Would have been nice to replicate something similar on the back and I hate the titleless spine but yeah. Floats my boat!

Attachments

• 2016-09-05 11.29.08.jpg
    2016-09-05 11.29.08.jpg
    668.9 KB · Views: 159
  • Thanks
Reactions: thewoe and chunk
Still no movement on my order. :bored:
I looked at my bank statement this morning and I've not even been charged yet.. think I'll check my zavvi account and see what's going on

EDIT checked my zavvi account and its been dispatched but they haven't charged my card

Hopefully it'll arrive today or tomorrow :)

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I looked at my bank statement this morning and I've not even been charged yet.. think I'll check my zavvi account and see what's going on

EDIT checked my zavvi account and its been dispatched but they haven't charged my card

Hopefully it'll arrive today or tomorrow :)
And hope they don't charge you and get a free civil war :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: chunk
And hope they don't charge you and get a free civil war :thumbs:

That would be awesome.. but zavvi are more likely to charge me twice than not at all:rofl: it is odd that they haven't charged me yet, I looked at all my charges from 7 days ago to today's date and nothing from zavvi... yet

Superb looking steelbook, mine has arrived today and am looking forward to getting home this evening to to have a proper look. The Marvel picture spines really don't bother me I think I've become so used to seeing them now :)

That would be awesome.. but zavvi are more likely to charge me twice than not at all:rofl: it is odd that they haven't charged me yet, I looked at all my charges from 7 days ago to today's date and nothing from zavvi... yet
That is quite possible haha
I however have got mine and been charged for them but never had a dispatch email from them at all.

• Thanks
Reactions: chunk
That is quite possible haha
I however have got mine and been charged for them but never had a dispatch email from them at all.

I've not had a dispatch email either.. no sign of it today so maybe it'll come tomorrow :)