Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99

1.jpg

2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

11275419-1734385576830311.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pics to follow alongside the original HMV CA and the Zavvi IM.

Just in case people get the wrong impression:-
a) This is NOT a dull steelbook and has a distinctive sheen to it which can best be appreciated on one of those steelbook display stands - certainly a steelbook that just about anybody wouldn't be embarrassed to have in their collection.
Certainly not a dull matte finish in case anyone gets that impression
b) Colouring is muted on both halves of the front - again obviously a design decision to blend IM's mask in with the CA logo.

Personally speaking don't see how this could have been improved design-wise and anyone thinking this is only a good 'un in a full gloss finish then I still suggest they buy it, pop down to their local DIY, buy a can of spray varnish and give it a once, twice or thrice over.

Can't see any future lenticular release topping this one either.

Conclusion: This is one classy steelbook

You must have received a different steelbook from me, because this is NOT EVEN REMOTELY comparable to the phase 1 Marvel steels, not even 1% comparable, Its badly designed and direly executed rubbish! CLassy it certainly isn't!

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a real shame that Blufans dropped the ball on their version, but moving forward we should all now focus on the positives.

Owning a Blufans copy does at least go some small way to allowing you to become one of their members. Let's all keep the positivity flowing...

Blufans DESTROYS this on every single level! Blufans is THE one to own. this is just crap!

Love it when the same people crawl out of the woodwork with Blufans this and Blufans that :vomit:
You'd think that there are no threads for Blufans steelbooks if U.K. threads have to be polluted at every turn by such crass comments :banghead:.

Love it when the same people crawl out of the woodwork with Blufans this and Blufans that :vomit:
You'd think that there are no threads for Blufans steelbooks if U.K. threads have to be polluted at every turn by such comments :banghead:.

Agreed it's the same so often and constantly in UK threads for steelbooks people say

"...oh but it's cheaper from Germany/Italy/Spain..."

"...this is rubbish get the Kimchi/Blufans/FA version..."

There are many threads for the many versions as you said I don't see why almost every time the UK threads are polluted with the same tedious remarks.

People just want to talk about this specific steelbook.

• Thanks
Reactions: lgans316 and virkia
Agreed it's the same so often and constantly in UK threads for steelbooks people say

"...oh but it's cheaper from Germany/Italy/Spain..."

"...this is rubbish get the Kimchi/Blufans/FA version..."

There are many threads for the many versions as you said I don't see why almost every time the UK threads are polluted with the same tedious remarks.

People just want to talk about this specific steelbook.

People mention it in the U.K. Threads because we get stung on price compared to other countries Amazon steels, it's to help others if they want to save money.
How do you not understand or get that

But it also gets mentioned in other threads non UK. But you only go in the UK threads, for example zavvi, kimchi , nova, blu fans, manta all get mentioned in FAC threads. Same for kimchi threads and so on. But you and the other one only look in UK threads and think it's this conspiracy that we are all against uk steels in uk threads. It happens everywhere on here!!!

We all compare to other editons in every thread. Not just in UK threads

You'd think that there are no threads for Blufans steelbooks if U.K. threads have to be polluted at every turn by such crass comments :banghead:.

And i just love it when you come out the woodwork and post a hundred pics of steels not in spoilers that drew inspiration for the steel in question or have a simular colour title or how many steels have the exact same colour or some other b*llshit you post from google or Wikipedia. Infact we all love it!!

I was thinking there hasn't been many extended versions of these, why do you think that is with Marvel films? @virkia

And you won't get extended versions of the MCU (apparently) it ruins the continuity of the stories according to Kevin feige

So age of ultron apparently has a 3 hour cut for example but it won't be released etc

There's one thing you learn on HDN....

Whenever you enter a thread and you interrupt a riot, one thing's for sure... you're looking at a hot Steelbook. The signs in this thread are loud and clear.

Reactions: lgans316
Can we move on from this back and forth exchange please folks. Sharing your thoughts is obviously fine so long as it's kept clean and friendly. If you wish to discuss your personal opinions with each other in a heated fashion, then feel free to do so via PM. Thanks!

There's one thing you learn on HDN....

Whenever you enter a thread and you interrupt a riot, one thing's for sure... you're looking at a hot Steelbook. The signs in this thread are loud and clear.
Or it could just be that the artwork just divides opinion

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Or it could just be that the artwork just divides opinion

Not the Artwork, dude, it's the Finish that's dividing opinion

With a title such as "Civil War" it would be nice to have a "Civil" thread rather than a "War" thread but no matter that's obviously beyond the capabilities of some on here.

Anyway, as promised, here's a photo of this new CA: CW flanked by the original HMV CA on one side and the Zavvi IM 2 on the other (as examples of their similar finish and colouring):-

IMG_0058.JPG

IMG_0059.JPG

I think we do need to be more understanding and considerate to be fair.

If we had paid more, only to then see a better and less expensive version appear, we would probably be on the defence as well. I do understand that anger.

If we can all simply accept that it's each to their own, then we can move on.

Not the Artwork, dude, it's the Finish that's dividing opinion

With a title such as "Civil War" it would be nice to have a "Civil" thread rather than a "War" thread but no matter that's obviously beyond the capabilities of some on here.

Anyway, as promised, here's a photo of this new CA: CW flanked by the original HMV CA on one side and the Zavvi IM 2 on the other (as examples of their similar finish and colouring):-

View attachment 263185

View attachment 263186

Agreed sadly I think some people are antagonistic for the sake of it way beyond a difference of opinion but ah well.

That's a nice looking photo :drool:

I like that you take the effort with pictures and showing artworks etc :thumbs:

I really liked the music used in Civil War, it's not something that a lot of people talk about but I thought it was cool

Reactions: virkia
It was.£23 after discount making this the cheapest amongst all WWA Steelbook release of this film. Also this will be the best in terms of value for money as it can go for higher price in the secondary market like.many other UK Marvel Steels.
This is the uncomfortable truth.

Give it a year and it could double in price if not treble. Not so sure on other premium versions achieving the same ratio.

But quite rightly it's ultimately down to what you actually like.

Give it a year and it could double in price if not treble. Not so sure on other premium versions achieving the same ratio.

True say. Look.at these 2 items as an example:

CA2 KimchiDvD Lenticular - £41.66 -262601420797.

CA1 Zavvi Lenticular (An average looking Lenticular matte finish Steelbook) - £48 201655728065 & £44 182255521940

Reactions: Flash

Those double and triple prices in a year would be scalper prices. The value of a steelbook itself NEVER, EVER goes up, only down.
The demand however usually goes only one way - up. And when the demand goes up, sellers see an opportunity to double or triple the original price - they are usually scalpers who bought 17 or 53 copies of one film or regular collector who just want to cash in just because they have a spare copy or two.

This steelbook is worth about £6-8. Everything above that is an individual's desire to own it.

I'm glad I got it for "only" £21.