Captain America: The First Avenger (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (KimchiDVD Exclusive #55) [Korea]

Which edition are you getting?

• Lenticular

Votes: 54 35.3%
  • Full Slip A1

Votes: 58 37.9%
  • Full Slip A2

Votes: 31 20.3%
  • One Click

Votes: 36 23.5%

• Total voters
Jun 4, 2017
Release date: August 31, 2017
Purchase links: : One Click - Lenticular - Full Slip A1 - Full Slip A2 - (Pre-order August 17 at 2 PM Korea time) - All editions showing as OOS
Price: $46.99
Notes: Spot gloss with debossed title - Limited to 4000 numbered copies (Full Slip A1 1300 - Full Slip A2 1200 - Lenticular 1500)
Group Buys: hosted by cooey One Click - Lenticular - Full Slip A1 - Full Slip A2

20638932_2140421422851730_8492093618141931251_n.jpg 20638168_2140421506185055_534237518305182234_n.jpg 20638843_2140421539518385_4832710646608199514_n.jpg
20732979_1604775996260503_1444291850_n.gif
IMG_1563.JPG
IMG_1564.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't always open my premiums, but I remember with the AoU Nova Choice lenti the book wasn't as big as the fullslip edition, because it's put inside the steelbook itself instead of outside it in the fullslip, so I'd assume it'd might be the same for this.

*She :whistle:

OK that could very well be the case then. This is my first premium edition purchase and I just can't get myself to open them. I know that would answer my question but... I just can't do it. :LOL:

OK that could very well be the case then. This is my first premium edition purchase and I just can't get myself to open them. I know that would answer my question but... I just can't do it. :LOL:
I feel ya. I've opened a few of my Novas and a couple of my Kimchis (not that I have a ton of either maybe 10 in total for both of them), but I haven't opened any of my Blufans yet. I only have 6 of them - CA:TFA, CA:TWS, and the CA:CW one-click, and the insides look amazing from the pictures, but I just can't being myself to open them. Maybe one day... Although if I did open a CW copy it'd be the Team Cap version, because I've been thinking about selling/trading the rest of them since I only really want the Cap edition.

It's also why I got the lenti and the A2, I'll keep the lenti sealed and open the A2. Although I still haven't done it yet after I was going to last week. I'll do it soon, I just keep forgetting.

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
I don't always open my premiums, but I remember with the AoU Nova Choice lenti the book wasn't as big as the fullslip edition, because it's put inside the steelbook itself instead of outside it in the fullslip, so I'd assume it'd might be the same for this.

*She :whistle:

hahaha sorry Miss :bag::emb:

No the Booklet in the Lenticular would not fit inside the steel, it is full size to fit into the Slip... but tomorrow I will take the time to investigate. I'll look inside the envelop as I didn't look at the card and now thinking at why I didn't see the small plastic envelop with the character cards (n) hmmm maybe they put everything in the big Blue envelop... inside the steelbook there was only the Bookmark :dunno:

No the Booklet in the Lenticular would not fit inside the steel, it is full size to fit into the Slip... but tomorrow I will take the time to investigate. I'll look inside the envelop as I didn't look at the card and now thinking at why I didn't see the small plastic envelop with the character cards (n) hmmm maybe they put everything in the big Blue envelop... inside the steelbook there was only the Bookmark :dunno:
Yeah, now that you mention it, the Nova Choice AoU is literally just the steelbook with a slip over it, which is why they have to fit all the stuff inside, while this lenti is a bit thicker. Well, I'll let you get to the bottom of it since I'm not gonna open my lenti. :D

• Thanks
Reactions: Actarus and Stygian
I like to take my time opening them, I gotta be in the zone because you can only open it once. And maybe it also ties a bit into me putting it off because once it's open then it's not sealed any more. :dunno:

Hm, this is very strange indeed. I'm still waiting for my second lenti so I haven't opened the one I got with me yet ...
Part of me just wants to rip it open and check what's going on but I can't bring myself to until the other one is here. Sorry. :sorry:

And I take pride in opening my premium editions coz they often look much better without the shrink-wrap but can't for the life of me get myself to open my TWS Nova lenti. :rofl: I just can't ...

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
From what I heard, due to the cost of the lenti they had to cut corners on the paper of the booklet. The number of pages is the same but just a different kind of paper.

I just gave a quick look to the book in the lenti but true one of the Thing I Love about Korean/Chinese Retailers is that the Booklet have nice and thick pages, feels like a real book. This makes a lot of sense.

Since we were talking about it I just opened my A2, and I'm glad I got around to it because the steelbook is extremely nice and I'm very pleased with it. So shiny. The book is also well-made, and the character cards and other pictures are suitably glossy.

Regarding the whole lenti vs fullslip book thickness, I had a look at my TWS Kimchi copies, and it's the same case with that release as well, so I guess it's just lentis in general. But I haven't opened that lenti either so I can't compare them directly myself.

QVMPDT6.jpg

• Thanks
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Actarus and Stygian
Since we were talking about it I just opened my A2, and I'm glad I got around to it because the steelbook is extremely nice and I'm very pleased with it. So shiny. The book is also well-made, and the character cards and other pictures are suitably glossy.

Regarding the whole lenti vs fullslip book thickness, I had a look at my TWS Kimchi copies, and it's the same case with that release as well, so I guess it's just lentis in general. But I haven't opened that lenti either so I can't compare them directly myself.

QVMPDT6.jpg

Nice picture! So the red and black piece is the actual book? And the thin blue piece between the book and the steelbook is the envelope that contains the pictures and cards?

Thank you for posting this photo. I didn't realize that there was a piece between the steelbook and book in my A2 of The First Avenger. Taking a closer look at mine now and I can just barely see something in between.

Thank you again!

• Thanks
Reactions: winter_soldier
@Mickle_89 Absolutely gorgeous shots! :drool: I really love that steelbook too. Surprisingly, I don't mind the cut off legs as much as I did when they first showed the pics. Maybe it's coz that steelbook is so well done otherwise but I truly think it doesn't look that bad in hand.

• Thanks
Reactions: Mickle_89
@Mickle_89 Absolutely gorgeous shots! :drool: I really love that steelbook too. Surprisingly, I don't mind the cut off legs as much as I did when they first showed the pics. Maybe it's coz that steelbook is so well done otherwise but I truly think it doesn't look that bad in hand.
Agreed. The feel and finish more than makes up for that, IMO ;) Feels truly premium in my hands :D

• Thanks
Reactions: KittyCat