Captain America: The First Avenger (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (KimchiDVD Exclusive #55) [Korea]

Which edition are you getting?

• Lenticular

Votes: 54 35.3%
  • Full Slip A1

Votes: 58 37.9%
  • Full Slip A2

Votes: 31 20.3%
  • One Click

Votes: 36 23.5%

• Total voters
Jun 4, 2017
Release date: August 31, 2017
Purchase links: : One Click - Lenticular - Full Slip A1 - Full Slip A2 - (Pre-order August 17 at 2 PM Korea time) - All editions showing as OOS
Price: $46.99
Notes: Spot gloss with debossed title - Limited to 4000 numbered copies (Full Slip A1 1300 - Full Slip A2 1200 - Lenticular 1500)
Group Buys: hosted by cooey One Click - Lenticular - Full Slip A1 - Full Slip A2

20638932_2140421422851730_8492093618141931251_n.jpg 20638168_2140421506185055_534237518305182234_n.jpg 20638843_2140421539518385_4832710646608199514_n.jpg
20732979_1604775996260503_1444291850_n.gif
IMG_1563.JPG
IMG_1564.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I have seen few A1 sell for £65-£70. This is definitely £20 higher than KimchiDvD but nowhere near the grail territory. The market will implode next year at this rate.

It is already imploding. Only very few releases will remain their value, but most will decrease. However, what counts is the personal value. But I will be way more careful buying editions on release day...

It is already imploding. Only very few releases will remain their value, but most will decrease. However, what counts is the personal value. But I will be way more careful buying editions on release day...

Same here, and I will start with Manta because they have highest shipping cost to NL from all the retailers and we all know how rapidly ML items decrease in value, I can get it much cheaper from bay few weeks later after release....

The "value" or the maintaining of value does not interest me.
If I like an item, I buy it. I'm not looking for it to hold it's value or to become a "grail"

I expect in time all steelbooks will become worthless. The production of steelbooks isn't going to last forever.
I've compared them to baseball cards in the past. There are now too many companies making the same titles which have already devalued these products. People are already losing interest.

I was going to say more but Blah, Blah, Blah sums it up better I think. :yawn:

The "value" or the maintaining of value does not interest me.
If I like an item, I buy it. I'm not looking for it to hold it's value or to become a "grail"

I expect in time all steelbooks will become worthless. The production of steelbooks isn't going to last forever.
I've compared them to baseball cards in the past. There are now too many companies making the same titles which have already devalued these products. People are already losing interest.

I was going to say more but Blah, Blah, Blah sums it up better I think. :yawn:

This is the right attitude but People are already losing interest which is not a good thing for the collectible community. Remember we use the word Premium and it has a meaning. When these are of no value, we should not be calling it Premium. This used to be so much fun back in the days as it was affordable and only few were released in a year. Looks like someone managed to buy this grail at close to Kimchi price due to posting the link yesterday, so I am glad it helped someone.

Let the War of the Words begin lol.

• Thanks
Reactions: metal hunter
This is the right attitude but People are already losing interest which is not a good thing for the collectible community. Remember we use the word Premium and it has a meaning. When these are of no value, we should not be calling it Premium. This used to be so much fun back in the days as it was affordable and only few were released in a year. Looks like someone managed to buy this grail at close to Kimchi price due to posting the link yesterday, so I am glad it helped someone.

Let the War of the Words begin lol.

I really hope that people aren't purchasing any steelbooks only for them to hold value or only hoping that they increase in value years from now. Even the so called "premium" editions. I only call them premium editions to make it easier to distinguish between those items and the steelbooks that are sold by vendors around the world such as Best Buy, Zavvi, Amazon and so on, in a conversation.

I really hope the main reason for these purchases is that people like what they see and they want to have them in their own home. Collecting as a hobby.

As far as the term "grail" goes, well I think that gets tossed around too often.
There will be no more grails. Any "grails" have already been made and already exist, as in they were made long ago. Such as Iron Man or items that were not available to everyone such as that Wolf of Wall Street edition that couldn't be purchased.

If there is to be another grail? Perhaps that GOTG CD steelbook, being the first of its kind is something not to be missed.

But hopefully not.

I really hope that people aren't purchasing any steelbooks only for them to hold value or only hoping that they increase in value years from now. Even the so called "premium" editions. I only call them premium editions to make it easier to distinguish between those items and the steelbooks that are sold by vendors around the world such as Best Buy, Zavvi, Amazon and so on, in a conversation.

I really hope the main reason for these purchases is that people like what they see and they want to have them in their own home. Collecting as a hobby.

As far as the term "grail" goes, well I think that gets tossed around too often.
There will be no more grails. Any "grails" have already been made and already exist, as in they were made long ago. Such as Iron Man or items that were not available to everyone such as that Wolf of Wall Street edition that couldn't be purchased.

If there is to be another grail? Perhaps that GOTG CD steelbook, being the first of its kind is something not to be missed.

But hopefully not.

Indeed to me Premium Editions simply refers to the Fullslip that includes all the bells and whistles. I could care less how much they sell for as I am not reselling anything ever, I tried to get rid of unwanted ones but not very good at that. With the price rising and multiples editions coming out, I am more careful with what I purchase, very little bare steelbooks(only the special ones that will not be part of any premium editions). I collect only the ones that are beautiful to me and as you say that I want to collect for my own personal Pleasure as I find it adds value to the movie experience(so fun to open a Premium Edition and look at all the items and watch the movie) :emb: I have some grails but I won't be reselling them, so are they really worth something in this case ? I don't think so. And what I find since I have been collecting for a while is I do not care one bit anymore about numbers and 1-clicks to have all copies numbered the same to me this isn't important whatsoever. I used to keep all my copies sealed, but with time and the help of some ninjas that made me view things a different ways I open everything now(but I do double dip at times for superb editions but mostly just to have a back up copy). So it is for the love of movies and beautiful Packages :woot:

I think my reply to your post may be pointless but I don't know I just woke up and not thinking straight yet :coffee:

[QUOTE="Actarus, post: 2031580, member: 19544"
I think my reply to your post may be pointless but I don't know I just woke up and not thinking straight yet :coffee:[/QUOTE]

Not pointless at all!

It was a pleasure to read and I'm happy that you feel that way.:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Indeed to me Premium Editions simply refers to the Fullslip that includes all the bells and whistles. I could care less how much they sell for as I am not reselling anything ever, I tried to get rid of unwanted ones but not very good at that. With the price rising and multiples editions coming out, I am more careful with what I purchase, very little bare steelbooks(only the special ones that will not be part of any premium editions). I collect only the ones that are beautiful to me and as you say that I want to collect for my own personal Pleasure as I find it adds value to the movie experience(so fun to open a Premium Edition and look at all the items and watch the movie) :emb: I have some grails but I won't be reselling them, so are they really worth something in this case ? I don't think so. And what I find since I have been collecting for a while is I do not care one bit anymore about numbers and 1-clicks to have all copies numbered the same to me this isn't important whatsoever. I used to keep all my copies sealed, but with time and the help of some ninjas that made me view things a different ways I open everything now(but I do double dip at times for superb editions but mostly just to have a back up copy). So it is for the love of movies and beautiful Packages :woot:

I think my reply to your post may be pointless but I don't know I just woke up and not thinking straight yet :coffee:

This is exactly what i think :thumbs:

The hype factor is fading is all I can say. Look at the classifieds. Some members are unable to shift their copies even at rock bottom prices and some people are still posting in the I want to thread and not looking around properly.

Sorry to bring up a really old thread (and I might be doing this incorrectly), but I’m looking for copy of this. (I realize that I’m very “late to game” on this particular title). 1) Is anyone interested in selling a copy? 2) Is there a better place to post a question like this? (I can’t seem to post on the “I’m looking for X Steelbook...” thread. I don’t have privileges, I guess?)

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Sorry to bring up a really old thread (and I might be doing this incorrectly), but I’m looking for copy of this. (I realize that I’m very “late to game” on this particular title). 1) Is anyone interested in selling a copy? 2) Is there a better place to post a question like this? (I can’t seem to post on the “I’m looking for X Steelbook...” thread. I don’t have privileges, I guess?)

I also need the FUllSlip A1. :hungry:

Sorry for digging up older thread, but If I would write this in "Im looking for..." it would be deleted because of "haves" :rolleyes:....so....

Is anybody willing to trade their lenti for mine full slip A2? It can be opened, but mint, especially the steelbook itself, mine is also opened and minty mint :drool:. I love this slip a lot, but I just want my Cap kimchi collection only as lenticulars and this is the only one which I have as full slip...

:coffee: