Captain America: The First Avenger (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [Canada]

Jan 24, 2014
Keswick, Ontario
Release date: February 26, 2019
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: CDN $44.99

m2229615.jpg

m2229615-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This has suddenly disappeared from Best Buy's website already.
I wonder if there was an error or if they were just flooded with sales and pulled it already.

Probably not worth buying again just to have it with a framed border. I much prefer the zavvi reelease but it depends on the finish I guess.

Probably not worth buying again just to have it with a framed border. I much prefer the zavvi reelease but it depends on the finish I guess.

I saw photos on ebay of the Zavvi steelbook and it looks great with the embossing. I doubt this will have any embossing of any kind.
The best that can be hoped for is gloss. I'm not necessarily a fan of flags on movie posters but this is after all Captain "America".
In this case I think the flag looks better in the art than the Zavvi steelbook without it.

I saw photos on ebay of the Zavvi steelbook and it looks great with the embossing. I doubt this will have any embossing of any kind.
The best that can be hoped for is gloss. I'm not necessarily a fan of flags on movie posters but this is after all Captain "America".
In this case I think the flag looks better in the art than the Zavvi steelbook without it.
Yea I quite like the flag as part of Captain America steels, it's all encompassing. Sometimes it's frustrating though when you love one part of the design but dislike another lol.

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
Yea I quite like the flag as part of Captain America steels, it's all encompassing. Sometimes it's frustrating though when you love one part of the design but dislike another lol.

I don't mind the framing on this because it seems to go along with the colouring or shading of the image of the flag and the colouring of the rest of the poster. It has sort of a vintage wartime recruiting poster look to it. If any of that makes sense.

• Thanks
Reactions: St4rlord
I don't mind the framing on this because it seems to go along with the colouring or shading of the image of the flag and the colouring of the rest of the poster. It has sort of a vintage wartime recruiting poster look to it. If any of that makes sense.

I like the framing, too. I wonder if they simply lifted it from a proposed print on the image database for this movie. The frame gives it a period piece feel for this movie. However, I wouldn’t mind if they carried the framing cleverly for the other Cap movies. It seems like Marvel is putting an effort to specifically release 4K movies for Cap before Avengers: Endgame perhaps to celebrate him if this is indeed the end of the road for him.

• Thanks
I like the framing, too. I wonder if they simply lifted it from a proposed print on the image database for this movie. The frame gives it a period piece feel for this movie. However, I wouldn’t mind if they carried the framing cleverly for the other Cap movies. It seems like Marvel is putting an effort to specifically release 4K movies for Cap before Avengers: Endgame perhaps to celebrate him if this is indeed the end of the road for him.

Yes "period piece" is the idea I was trying to get across. :thanks:

Ye
Yep, I think so too. If you look closely at the “frame” you can see, what probably are, bricks (thin lines in the middle).

• Thanks
The frame doesn't bother me as long as the title is on the front.

I suspect this isn't going to have a title on the front. It could under the J-card but it would have to be smaller than the Zavvi title but it might looked crammed in if it is.

Wow somebody must have purchased these in bulk. They were showing in stock. Then suddenly there were 24 remaining.
Now only 1 remaining. I wonder if they will keep coming back in stock.