Captain America: The First Avenger (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Strangerbyday

Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2015
Ireland
Release date: April 22, 2019 (First print run) - January 27, 2020 (1000 second print run)
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £27.99

12045710-1314650177384393.jpg

12045710-4094650177223776.jpg
12045710-9744650177854463.jpg
12045710-9824650177710769.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m guessing they were going for a folded poster kind of look... but really it just looks like a slash
Yes, I get that . . . hopefully what looks like pencil marks will be on all three so this one won't look odd . . . don't mind the stickerbook look as the choice of image is stellar.

To paraphrase the good doctor:-
"Not a perfect steelbook... but a good one."
Dr. Abraham Erskine

Anyway, UK artwork appears to be matte / possibly zero with a faithful retro appearance while the US artwork appears to be gloss with "better" colours but less of a retro look -
1556030886383.png
/
1556031520240.png

Does anyone think this will come back in stock at all :wow: Was it back in stock and I missed it again?

If it does and someone sees it could you please tag me :thumbs::thumbs::whistle:

Is it possible that Zavvi will be doing a the others to go along with this ? like they did a few years back with Iron man , captain america and thor.

My zavvi edition finally arrived today. A small comparison between the us and uk version:

The colours of the us version look a bit oversaturated (Buckys face is pretty yellow) and details get lost because of that. But this also means the line through caps face is less noticeable compared to the zavvi version where it continues straight through. The border has also a slightly different colour tone (again the us version is a bit more yellowish).
Same goes for the back, the red is more saturated which makes the shield in the middle pop out a bit more.

Both are great editions with their cons and pros
Best buy left/ Zavvi right
View attachment hdn cap (1 of 1).jpg

My zavvi edition finally arrived today. A small comparison between the us and uk version:

The colours of the us version look a bit oversaturated (Buckys face is pretty yellow) and details get lost because of that. But this also means the line through caps face is less noticeable compared to the zavvi version where it continues straight through. The border has also a slightly different colour tone (again the us version is a bit more yellowish).
Same goes for the back, the red is more saturated which makes the shield in the middle pop out a bit more.

Both are great editions with their cons and pros
Best buy left/ Zavvi right
View attachment 427745

Hmm I actually prefer the colour saturation on the left. Just looks more colourful

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
Thanks for the side-by-side . . . admit to preferring the slightly more muted colours, more retro-looking Zavvi which keeps the old school vibe of previous FIRST AVENGER steelbooks (UK):-
1558203191260.png
1558202329308.png
1558202908583.png

• Haha
Reactions: Kizza
Back in stock for red carpet members at zavvi along with number 2 and 3 and some other titles also

according to the zavvi email I got, these where only available to RC members - "EXCLUSIVELY AVAILABLE TO RED CARPET MEMBERS!", so in theory, along with the 'Last Chance' wording, these will never ever be available again....:naughty:

I suspect there are going to be a lot of unhappy people when they see that this went back up again later......