Captain America: The Winter Soldier (KimchiDVD Exclusive #40) (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Korea]

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: August 23, 2016
Purchase links: Full Slip Type A1 - Full Slip Type A2- Lenticular Slip Box - One Click. Pre-order August 4 at 2 PM (Korea Time)
Price: $45.99 - One Click $137.00
Note: 4000 copies
HDN Group Buys: Hosted by Cooey - Hosted by Kaka1888

Full Slip (Type A1) | Full Slip (Type A2) | Lenticular Slip Box | One Click

13770427_1913300178897190_7334276636342471704_n.jpg 13627013_1913300205563854_8325318166331442191_n.jpg 13775354_1913300228897185_1702612431833981606_n.jpg
13626577_1913300152230526_3899582766517790371_n.jpg
00.jpg
capwin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
we also have to take into account that ''most'' releases by Kimchi(not talking about the exceptions) that they will sell for not much extra on secondary market.

Yes there's the exceptions that will get higher price range but being sold in 5 minutes or 1 week is not what will dictate how much the premium will be on secondary market. Perfect example is ''her'' that did not sell in 5 minutes, yet it is one of the most sought after release with a high mark up. so we have to just wait and see how the market will react after it is all sold out.

Reactions: bobberino
this will surely be the best CA2 steelbook printed, as it will be the only one with glossy WEA, and Kimchi knows how to make really excellent slips for sure, but with thousands of collectors already content with either the Novamedia edition or the awesome Blufans edition (or both), that is gonna make it very very challenging for Kimchi to sell all 4,000 of these. I agree with the previous posters. 2K print run would have made this more attractive, maybe even the definitive edition because of glossy WEA.

I'm sure that there are scalpers who are disappointed about the investment value of printing 4,000 copies, but I'm just thrilled that I'll be able to add this to my collection.

As a collector, I like to see my "collection" hold its value. Fastest way to destroy the collectibility of the steelbook market is to print too many. Imagine if there were 20,000 print run of every release and everybody everywhere could get a copy. If there are thousands of unsold stock and nobody wants them, then nobody wants them. Do you think that perhaps the value and desire to obtain it could be slightly diminished?

For CA2, a 4,000 print run of a release fully aimed at the premium collectors market is too much at this point since there were already several recent premium packages.

1,000 would create excellent excitement for this release. It would be gone in 5 minutes tops. But anyway oh well.

As a collector, I like to see my "collection" hold its value. Fastest way to destroy the collectibility of the steelbook market is to print too many. Imagine if there were 20,000 print run of every release and everybody everywhere could get a copy. If there are thousands of unsold stock and nobody wants them, then nobody wants them. Do you think that perhaps the value and desire to obtain it could be slightly diminished?

For CA2, a 4,000 print run of a release fully aimed at the premium collectors market is too much at this point since there were already several recent premium packages.

1,000 would create excellent excitement for this release. It would be gone in 5 minutes tops. But anyway oh well.
Would be nice, actually.

I, on the other hand, am very grateful for the higher print run as I have better chances getting the item. 1,000 would not create excitement (in my book), more something like unbelievable frustration (albeit we're only buying steelbooks, not saving lives) and a(nother!) broken F5 button.

I understand the appeal for many who are after low numbers and the feel of having something rare and exclusive (which is all fine, of course it is), but the items I have are special to me not because of any ''exclusivity'' they come with, but simply because I like them more than ''plain'' items. I think ''value and desire to get'' is different for different collectors, depending on what drives them to collect in the first place.

Sorry for the off-topic :shy:

Last edited:

You have a good point. But as another collector I don't buy and keep my steelbooks for their value now or in the long term. I agree it would be nice for them to keep or increase their value, but only if I decided to sell them off to get investment for another release. My opinion is that it is not worth it at the end of the day, and by that I mean collecting for the sake of monetary investment and gain. Why? Because one the values are not high enough, if you could sell a steel for £50k then great it would be worth it, but £100 not really worth it. And two it is just all material bull at the end of the day, if you collect then keep them, keep collecting, or sell them all off and give up.

So that's my opinion, back to the print run of 4000, I think it is great!!! For the reason that a lot more collectors who want the release for artwork and collecting purposes, and not monetary gain or investment, will get a chance to own, keep, and love this release! :thumbs:

this will surely be the best CA2 steelbook printed, as it will be the only one with glossy WEA, and Kimchi knows how to make really excellent slips for sure, but with thousands of collectors already content with either the Novamedia edition or the awesome Blufans edition (or both), that is gonna make it very very challenging for Kimchi to sell all 4,000 of these. I agree with the previous posters. 2K print run would have made this more attractive, maybe even the definitive edition because of glossy WEA.
The 4K print run will end up selling out no matter what. The only differnce is more collectors will actually obtain this for retail price than having to go through resellers who buy just purely mark it up to sell to people who missed out. There's not many premium steelbooks out there that I know of that have lost value to the point of being worth less than what was retail. So as a collector I buy for many reasons like adding something I like to my collection. Not to be like oh I can sell this in 6 months for 2-3 times as much or more. But to each there own for collecting to resell and make another collector pay more to have somethings g they like is the nature of the collecting game. Just one side I don't like myself. Due to the fact people miss out on releases of lower print runs from scampers

The 4K print run will end up selling out no matter what. The only differnce is more collectors will actually obtain this for retail price than having to go through resellers who buy just purely mark it up to sell to people who missed out. There's not many premium steelbooks out there that I know of that have lost value to the point of being worth less than what was retail. So as a collector I buy for many reasons like adding something I like to my collection. Not to be like oh I can sell this in 6 months for 2-3 times as much or more. But to each there own for collecting to resell and make another collector pay more to have somethings g they like is the nature of the collecting game. Just one side I don't like myself. Due to the fact people miss out on releases of lower print runs from scampers
Agreed. I buy steelbooks because I like them. Not because of rarity or potential future value. If my collection is worthless in the future then I wouldn't lose a minutes sleep over it.

Agreed. I buy steelbooks because I like them. Not because of rarity or potential future value. If my collection is worthless in the future then I wouldn't lose a minutes sleep over it.

Right there with you mate. I care about the looks and if I like the movie.

I wish there were always higher print runs and easier access to all this nice editions. This is the way I'd like it to go. I don't care about the value of my collection at all.

a lot you guys are missing the big picture.

if you truly want the steelbook market to remain up and running and have these niche retailers continue to give us what we want then you definitely don't want 20K print run for every release. the market would collapse in on itself. I want the value of steelbooks to remain strong, which creates demand and desire to have them (revenue) which creates the supply.

like it or not folks, limited/numbered steelbooks are absolutely seen as collectibles. and in the world of collectibles, rarity and perceived value is the backbone of the entire operation.

Now, for my own personal shelf, I'm actually very interested in seeing what Kimchi does with this. If they do it up all nice, I'll probably bite because I too appreciate the content, even if it's over printed.

I think the print run for this title is reasonable, it should be easy enough for collectors to obtain a copy but should still sell out so the retailer is happy. The problem is when the numbers seem inappropriate like the same retailer releasing four thousand copies of a small art house film one week and then just a few hundred copies of the latest blockbuster the next, that doesn't make sense.

I think it is nice that Kimchi is doing a WEA of CA2 as I find personally that it is the worse edition from Blufans for their Marvel Wave. I really don't like the stelbook. All others have been superb. But with this Kimchi Revamp of CA2 it will be nice, but I don't think this will be selling that much higher on the secondary Market. I have noticed(and I have said it not long ago) that few of their Exclusives go higher at a premium and it is always when it is not expected. So if you buy in the hopes of reselling on secondary Market I think you will be stuck with the copies until you get close to the retail price. But only time will tell.

Reactions: yeslek