Slipbox Carol (Blu-ray Slipbox) (Plain Archive Exclusive No.??) [Korea]

Actarus

Premium Supporter
Mar 28, 2014
フリード
Release date: March 20th, 2017 (pre-order Feb 23rd)
Purchase links: Full Slip - Square Sleeve - Deluxe Box - Triple Pack

mania-done-200da0d06b9b60a5a320102ed53a1a2e-jpg.292471

mania-done-79ad74e1ff28f88dd3ef47877f383bdb-jpg.292472

mania-done-b4f79bc25064395eabcdf043ebdd5ac1-jpg.292473

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll probably pass. I really liked the DVD Full Slip but it was DVD ..[/USER]

Their DVD package was beautiful, the official poster is striking, all of this is bland as hell. Zero sense of design, just slap some stills on everything. What has happened to this company?

I think the dvd version still has a better packaging.
I have to agree... the DVD edition was stunning! Unfortunately, the Blu-ray versions pale in comparison... it's as if they used up all of their creativity for the DVD and so got lazy when it came to the BR. Honestly, I don't know why they even bothered doing a DVD edition... did it even sell well?

I have to agree... the DVD edition was stunning! Unfortunately, the Blu-ray versions pale in comparison... it's as if they used up all of their creativity for the DVD and so got lazy when it came to the BR. Honestly, I don't know why they even bothered doing a DVD edition... did it even sell well?
Beautiful, the dvd. Not sure how fast, but DVD sold out per their site. Not sure if it will be back.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: PunkNinja
Beautiful, the dvd. Not sure how fast, but DVD sold out per their site. Not sure if it will be back.
That makes me wonder if people bought it purely for the packaging... can't say I really blame them if that is indeed the case though, as it is a really nice looking edition. :)

• Thanks
now they starting Deluxe Box Sets? Really?
Oldboy wasnt available for international..but this ?! :squint:

I like the boxset but it depends on price. It is strange that they will ship this and not Oldboy though, perhaps it's because of less weight with the books? The big sleeve edition is too big for me to display and I'm not a fan of the full slip version so I will probably go for the boxset. Check it out @harry, @spass, @dan8885, @Travis Bickle, @Actarus, @Mickle_89.

The only reason Oldboy didn't ship internationally was because the company in charge of international sales of that film requested they did not sell the limited box set outside of Korea. Otherwise it would have been available for international customers. They stated this on their website. I can only assume the situation is different regarding Carol.

Anyways, 1 click for me.

That makes me wonder if people bought it purely for the packaging... can't say I really blame them if that is indeed the case though, as it is a really nice looking edition. :)
I can say, I absolutely did. It was the 1st DVD I have bought in a very long time, but since I love the film, and the DVD edition, I decided to purchase for my Carol collection( I also have JP one).

• Thanks
I think the slipcover edition in the boxset is identical to the DVD version but blue rather than pink. That one did have a digipack though.

The only reason Oldboy didn't ship internationally was because the company in charge of international sales of that film requested they did not sell the limited box set outside of Korea. Otherwise it would have been available for international customers. They stated this on their website. I can only assume the situation is different regarding Carol.

Anyways, 1 click for me.
Thanks for clarifying, I didn't know that.:thumbs:

I can say, I absolutely did. It was the 1st DVD I have bought in a very long time, but since I love the film, and the DVD edition, I decided to purchase for my Carol collection( I also have JP one).
That makes sense then if you really like the film... I know I'd do exactly the same if it were a DVD edition for Drive. :D

• Thanks
Reactions: spass
I think the slipcover edition in the boxset is identical to the DVD version but blue rather than pink. That one did have a digipack though.
Ah yes, so it is! Just goes to show how much the right/wrong colours can change the appearance of something, because I really don't like the blue version.

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
Ah yes, so it is! Just goes to show how much the right/wrong colours can change the appearance of something, because I really don't like the blue version.
Yeah I had to double check it at first! Lol. I must admit I do prefer the pink colour aswell but depending on the price I could still be tempted for the boxset!:)