Slipbox Carol (Blu-ray Slipbox) (Plain Archive Exclusive No.??) [Korea]

Actarus

Premium Supporter
Mar 28, 2014
フリード
Release date: March 20th, 2017 (pre-order Feb 23rd)
Purchase links: Full Slip - Square Sleeve - Deluxe Box - Triple Pack

mania-done-200da0d06b9b60a5a320102ed53a1a2e-jpg.292471

mania-done-79ad74e1ff28f88dd3ef47877f383bdb-jpg.292472

mania-done-b4f79bc25064395eabcdf043ebdd5ac1-jpg.292473

Last edited by a moderator:
The higher price is because it has two discs, same as the Oldboy slipbox.

There are a lot of Carol fans in Korea but mostly young women, so I reckon many of them aren't blu-ray consumers.
It will be interesting to see how this turns out.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: number33 and harry
Genuine question and not singling anyone out, but could somebody explain to me the fascination with print runs and whether stuff goes out of stock or not.

With the shear volume of releases from all the different companies, Isn't it better to have enough stock so that anyone can buy what they want, in their own time, rather than rush to buy the moment it goes on sale due to a low print run?

I seem to remember Plain stating they were going to use that sales strategy, so anyone that wanted any of their releases, could actually buy one. Especially after the earlier low print runs and insane prices those releases now go for. As long as they keep selling enough to ensure future releases for other films, I'm happy :):)

Seems to me that some people may buy to sell or trade, than actually enjoy the products.

Anyway. Love this movie, love the direction, the music, the cinematography, the acting (especially Rooney Mara's performance).

Looking forward to owning these releases :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885 and Tchalla
Genuine question and not singling anyone out, but could somebody explain to me the fascination with print runs and whether stuff goes out of stock or not.

I am fascinated by low print runs. I have fun hunting rare editions, filling gaps in the collection. 99% of my purchases of limited (and numbered) editions over the last 7 years (!) are still in my collection. :thumbs:

only the full slip for me. plain archive have got very greedy with their print run numbers now. 4000+ for carol is insane plus the box for a title like this is not needed. $200 roughly for all versions and shipping for this release

• Thanks
Reactions: harry

With the shear volume of releases from all the different companies, Isn't it better to have enough stock so that anyone can buy what they want, in their own time, rather than rush to buy the moment it goes on sale due to a low print run?

I seem to remember Plain stating they were going to use that sales strategy, so anyone that wanted any of their releases, could actually buy one. Especially after the earlier low print runs and insane prices those releases now go for. As long as they keep selling enough to ensure future releases for other films, I'm happy :):)

Seems to me that some people may buy to sell or trade, than actually enjoy the products.

Anyway. Love this movie, love the direction, the music, the cinematography, the acting (especially Rooney Mara's performance).

Looking forward to owning these releases :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

plain archive started off with low print runs that would sell out. people always like smaller print runs, makes them more collectible. i dont mind on big titles like oldboy but on titles like carol there is no need for it

• Thanks
Reactions: harry