Cars 2 (Blu-Ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

RobertJoseph17

Premium Supporter
Jan 22, 2011
Illinois, United States
Looks like HMV is getting a Cars 2 Steelbook.

Release Date of November 21, 2011.
(Thanks to o0 Deuce 0o for the pictures)
1003481.jpg

1003482g.jpg

1003484j.jpg

(Old infos)

Last edited by a moderator:
last time i checked. in store it's £17.99

hadn't bought one of website. and would've bought one in store if it was the same price.

thanks for that info, i always prefure to pick one up in store instead of ordering on the net but the prices never match so i never get a chance too lol. I mean pirates 4 steelbook was £24.99 when i looked last week,thats a joke.:angry:

i dont like either of them HMV is pants yes, but also dont want the cheap looking viva release from the US either, really poorly made.

you could always pretend like the hmv and viva ones dont even exist.
i now have both, and the hmv is better built, but plain looking.
its an average uk steelbook. nothing overly exciting, nothing to complain about. its in the average pile.

the viva case is embossed, bright and colourful. looks really really nice.
it is a cheaper make than steelbook though, and i think they will scratch easier than steelbooks.
on the whole kinda impressive though. no worse than ironpacks imo.

for all the haters there are options. either pay more and get the asian or sweden one.
or jusy get a normal amaray case release and forget all about the steelbook :D

When people say it's a "cheaper make" than steelbook, what do you plan on doing with them?, throw them down the stairs? They sit on a shelf, if it means no ******** writing on the back, dumb logos, or no emboss, seems like a better choice. I ended up buying the case from someone on eBay, and buying Cars 2 normal and just put the discs in the case.

don't get me wrong i have more steelbooks than the viva metal box but i'm after the overall artwork. anything that resembles an amaray release like excessive text and logos i tend to shy away. i don't see the point in buying 'amaray on steel' artwork releases if there are other options available. but that's just me :naughty:

i have both the Cars 2 US/CAN metal box and the Asia Steelbook . i'm still very happy with the metal box. mine pretty solidly built with great external/internal art, plus it's the only option that will house a super-set 4 disc release in a regular G2 size case.

When people say it's a "cheaper make" than steelbook, what do you plan on doing with them?, throw them down the stairs? They sit on a shelf, if it means no ******** writing on the back, dumb logos, or no emboss, seems like a better choice. I ended up buying the case from someone on eBay, and buying Cars 2 normal and just put the discs in the case.

They just mean it doesn't feel as solid in the hand as a Steelbook. If they are also prone to scratch more easily that can also be a pain as even if they are just on a shelf you would be amazed at how easy it is to pick up nicks and scratches just by putting them in and out of a shelf. I do agree that the Viva case is better than the HMV one but the price is fair with the HMV Steel so i am going for both!

I would imagine that is the Viva metalpack as it is the 5 disc edition. They must have just used the wrong artwork for the front cover.

I'd guess the same except the US version didn't come with disc, no? Still I noticed they had put The Polar Express SB as US as well so maybe they are just confusing themselves for the fun of it :D

I really don't get some people. At the start of the thread everyone was concerned it might be a stickerbook and when it emerged it was in fact a steelbook people still had a moan! lol.

I for one love the steelie. The front cover and esp the inside artwork is awesome it is a shame the text etc is on the back but it's not a major gripe of mine. I can live with it. I would like a Cars 1 steelie to go with it though. :emb:

I really don't get some people. At the start of the thread everyone was concerned it might be a stickerbook and when it emerged it was in fact a steelbook people still had a moan! lol.

I for one love the steelie. The front cover and esp the inside artwork is awesome it is a shame the text etc is on the back but it's not a major gripe of mine. I can live with it. I would like a Cars 1 steelie to go with it though. :emb:

I like this one too. The blu border is kind of cool. Reminds me of the NL release of Prince of Persia.