Cars 2 (Blu-Ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

RobertJoseph17

Premium Supporter
Jan 22, 2011
Illinois, United States
Looks like HMV is getting a Cars 2 Steelbook.

Release Date of November 21, 2011.
(Thanks to o0 Deuce 0o for the pictures)
1003481.jpg

1003482g.jpg

1003484j.jpg

(Old infos)

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah i do and apparently im weird and also it seems live in the same city or town as you aswell, oh dear watch for the strange person on the loose lol.

yeah i do and apparently im weird and also it seems live in the same city or town as you aswell, oh dear watch for the strange person on the loose lol.

No way! U in Chesterfield? Or Sheffield?

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

But the Tripple Play banner made up for that didn't it, added its flavour to the artwork so to say ;)

I love any thing that makes British steelbooks stand out from the others released in different countries of the same film, if that makes sense lol!

depends normally i order online as its generally quite a bit cheaper, i have picked the odd one up in town.

strangely they seem to sell quite quick and dissapear in our HMV. hmv online usualy deliver here in a couple of days anyway and usually a few days before release.

depends normally i order online as its generally quite a bit cheaper, i have picked the odd one up in town.

strangely they seem to sell quite quick and dissapear in our HMV. hmv online usualy deliver here in a couple of days anyway and usually a few days before release.

I get mine online as well, but i do nip into hmv in town n see if they have any old ones that might have sold out, as i find they do gave some special editions that might have sold out online...i got my scott pilgrim from there two weeks after it had sold, and was still waiting for them to get stock online to post out to me, so cancelled my order in end.

ive noticed hmv in store charge up to £25 for steelboooks that are £17.99 online.
£7.01 is a lot to pay on top. especially seeing as online orders turn up on friday 99% of the time, before the official street date.
it remains to be seen if this will be the same price instore, but i would guess not.

i see the reasoning behind liking the rating logos printed. nothing wrong in that at all.
personally im not bothered either way.
if its stickers, then i remove them. but if its printed i dont mind one bit.

i was talking to my uncle eearlier, he prefers the text to be printed on the back. stops you losing/damaging the data sheet in his opinion.
i have a couple of steels i got 2nd hand that are missing the data sheets. makes it annoying when you want to see how long the film is, or any info.
i have in the past opted for uk release steels over imports, but now its more about which is nicer.
im gonna try the viva metalpack for this cars 2. i do like embossing, so ive got one coming, and i will decide which i prefer in the flesh.
im liking the way the spine looks on the viva one too, it matches the 1st film better on the shelf with the spine text being bigger.

opened this one today (had no choice kids were very excited when they saw it on the dining room table :)) anyway, I like it (the steelbook) and of course if I decide to move it on I have a free DVD on the way from Disney to keep the kids happy :))

P.S Film was good too :)

I dont find this looking that bad ... I dont mind bad back art so long as the fronts always look good. While I prefer no ratings logos from any Country, I dont mind UK logos nowhere near as much as I despise the FSK logos .. since they are HUGE.

I don't like when UK puts the logos on the spine tho, but I guess It must be a law as all the reel hero slips have logos on front and spine.

opened this one today (had no choice kids were very excited when they saw it on the dining room table :)) anyway, I like it (the steelbook) and of course if I decide to move it on I have a free DVD on the way from Disney to keep the kids happy :))

P.S Film was good too :)

Oh the joy and happy memories of the kids being young. Now they're on here as well, well one is !!

i dont like either of them HMV is pants yes, but also dont want the cheap looking viva release from the US either, really poorly made.

does the HMV released also have embossed title like viva metal box released?