Champions League Final, 26/5/18 Kyiv. Real Madrid - Liverpool.

spass

S.P.A.S.Secretary
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 5, 2012
Norway
1.jpg

So who's watching? And where will you watch it? Are you going to Kyiv?

This has been the longest week ever. I.CAN.NOT.WAIT!!
For me this is the biggest happening the last decade (except when my twin girls were born). :p

I'm travelling to Oslo. There's gonna be a 'Champions Square' with a capacity of a few thousand and the match will be showed on a huge screen. There's also plenty of other pubs that will have a CL final program. We haven't 100% decided where we will end up and see the game yet.
One thing is certain, if Liverpool should win it, Oslo will be RED!

Come on You Mighty Reds!! YNWA.

@paulboland @davhyl @Hewitt89

Hopefully it’s a great game! I have to admit I have Real as favourites to win. It all depends which Liverpool turn up, on their day they can beat anyone. Bear in mind I’m a Man U fan saying this! Lol. As much as it goes against the grain to say this I do support English teams so I would welcome a Liverpool win. Good luck @spass, @paulboland, @Hewitt89 and other Liverpool fans!:thumbs:

Real are definitely favourites. They are a better team player for player and they have tons of experience from finals. More or less their entire team has won this competition several times, whereas most of our players barely have played in any final. Liverpool are in the midst of building something big but there are still many steps to take and this match may come too soon to make it in the end. Our midfield is a weakness, especially with the injuries, and Arnold will have to play a big game at right back against Marcelo, Ronaldo, Isco/Bale which will attack him at every chance. But if they turn up, press and stress and the attackers is on, anything could happen. Real have struggled a lot this year, conceded many goals and are shaky in defense, if we stress them there will be several chances to score. I just hope Liverpool play without fear and don’t get nervous and make simple mistakes. I would say 60-40 in favour of Real before the game.

Thanks @Sigill, it’s mighty big of you to say as a United fan!

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill and spass
Real are definitely favourites. They are a better team player for player and they have tons of experience from finals. More or less their entire team has won this competition several times, whereas most of our players barely have played in any final. Liverpool are in the midst of building something big but there are still many steps to take and this match may come too soon to make it in the end. Our midfield is a weakness, especially with the injuries, and Arnold will have to play a big game at right back against Marcelo, Ronaldo, Isco/Bale which will attack him at every chance. But if they turn up, press and stress and the attackers is on, anything could happen. Real have struggled a lot this year, conceded many goals and are shaky in defense, if we stress them there will be several chances to score. I just hope Liverpool play without fear and don’t get nervous and make simple mistakes. I would say 60-40 in favour of Real before the game.

Thanks @Sigill, it’s mighty big of you to say as a United fan!
Haha yep it’s not easy as a United fan! I do always want English teams to do well in Europe though. It’s been a long time since we had regular winner and of the Champions league. It’s good to have an English side get to the final. Hopefully there a few more English teams in the latter stages next year.:D

You do have a good chance, as you said Real have plenty of off days. If your front 3 are flying you can beat anyone. City were the best team by a mile this year in the Premier League and you destroyed them at home. If you play like that again I wouldn’t be surprised if you won it!:)

• Thanks
Reactions: ash333 and Hewitt89
Being from Manchester and a United fan, of course I want Madrid to win!! Hopefully Ronaldo plays well and puts the scousers to bed!! Hala Madrid ;)
Haha that’s the less diplomatic viewpoint! I think most Man U fans think that. It does show up how far away United are this season though. They need to be competing at this stage of the Champions league. No trophies is not acceptable with the amount of money being spent.

My flights were cancelled and no alternatives offered. Too late to get there now unless I pay ££££££. I already initially hit my budget buying my first flight. I'll be getting a refund for flights and match tickets, but amazed a solution could not be sorted.

Maybe I should blame the 30k+ travellers from the UK who have gone without a ticket, using up all the flights.... realistically though, the powers that be should know the number of people who would want to travel there and not picked such a hard place to get to (for western EU citizens booking flights once they bought tickets officially from the club)

Very sorry to hear @davhyl, that sucks. UEFA definitely shouldn’t have chosen Kiev as host, they are clearly not up to the task of receiving that many people in a short period of time. Not to say all the sleazy, criminal hotels who are scamming people with their astronomical prices and cancelling legitimate bookings to charge 10x more. I’m gutted to hear that a large number of our supporters won’t be able to make the game. :(

• Thanks
Reactions: davhyl and spass
I feel shaky and happy at the same time. A big day no matter the outcome but now that we’re so close the nerves are running crazy. Don’t know if I should laugh or cry right now! Good luck all Reds!!

We’ve conquered all of Europe
We’re never gonna stop
From Paris down to Turkey
We’ve won the f***ing lot
Bob Paisley and Bill Shankly
The Fields of Anfield Road
We are loyal supporters
And we come from Liverpool!

Allez Allez Allez
Allez Allez Allez
Allez Allez Allez
Allez Allez Allez

AD819EA8-A0EA-4411-80FF-E3BD41491C8F.jpeg

That was quite possibly the single most embarrassing game I’ve seen. What did they do the night before? Drinks at the pub?

Just found this. I guess most of you are drinking away after that game.
That goalkeeper though hahaha poor kid, rough night.
It’s cute a few of you thought Liverpool could win this.

Just messing with you, the first 15 minutes were good. But you don’t score, you pay the price.

Real Madrid, greatest football club in the world.
2018052612411964696.png

• Thanks
Reactions: Splatterwelt