UK
Release date: May 31, 2021
Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon UK
Price: £29.99

91kSrRhYtmS._AC_SY445_.jpg

81zIzF4ChHS._AC_SX522_.jpg
91CvfCHKOJS._AC_SX522_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Curious what this'll look like. Not a lot of choices, apart from the different character posters (not pictured below):

chaos_walking.jpg
chaos_walking_ver4.jpg
chaos_walking_ver3.jpg
chaos_walking_ver2.jpg
chaos_walking_ver5_xlg.jpg

Rotten tomatoes is never my go to rating system. Some of their scores are way off in my opinion. I would look at a few online video reviews maybe. Some films I really enjoyed scored poorly on there. Passengers for example. There’s no shame in liking a movie most people hate either. Maybe see what the final artwork looks like and go off how much you want the steel. The last blind buy I made was saint maud; it’s rated very highly on RT but unworthy in my opinion. Everyone I know who’s seen it agrees with me but I know some people here loved it. It’s a minefield out there!

Rotten tomatoes is never my go to rating system. Some of their scores are way off in my opinion. I would look at a few online video reviews maybe. Some films I really enjoyed scored poorly on there. Passengers for example. There’s no shame in liking a movie most people hate either. Maybe see what the final artwork looks like and go off how much you want the steel. The last blind buy I made was saint maud; it’s rated very highly on RT but unworthy in my opinion. Everyone I know who’s seen it agrees with me but I know some people here loved it. It’s a minefield out there!
RT is completely biased. They have been proven many times over. Look up videos on youtube proving these. They go by what their overlords want :rofl:. If you dont know who owns majority of RT, you should look that up as well. They are never my go to either. I judge solely based on a trailer/teaser and/or based on the names attached to the project (ie - director, score, cast, etc). In an off chance that doesnt work, then i would look up the "audience rating". But even that has been messed with before.

RT is completely biased. They have been proven many times over. Look up videos on youtube proving these. They go by what their overlords want :rofl:. If you dont know who owns majority of RT, you should look that up as well. They are never my go to either. I judge solely based on a trailer/teaser and/or based on the names attached to the project (ie - director, score, cast, etc). In an off chance that doesnt work, then i would look up the "audience rating". But even that has been messed with before.
How are they biased?

They're flawed, no doubt, but they just aggregate reviews. They don't publish their own.

RT score or not. It looks bad imo

I don’t really go by review sites but still look at some scores for reference. I’ll check it out when it goes on Netflix but not expecting anything decent

I know what you mean. The trailer makes it look interesting tho. Never heard of the books before but good idea. Let’s see what they did with it.

Rotten tomatoes is never my go to rating system. Some of their scores are way off in my opinion.
I basically agree, but if a movie gets lower than 25%, that makes me think there's something objectively wrong. :) And the critic comments they show generally give me an idea of whether this is one of those "Critics hate it but I may love it" movies or not.

Reactions: Retro Parrot