Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: July 6th, 2015
Purchase links:
HMV
Xtra-Vision
Price: £15.99
HDN Group Buy: Naughtius Maximus < click (UK, EU + ROW members)

01-246691.jpg

Last edited:
I was thinking at jumping on this, but as above poster has stated, its not getting any good reviews at all :/
I'll maybe see it this sunday if im in good enough shape after the partycruise ;), if I do, i'll make up my mind then.

@Flloydo @UpsetSmiley @CasuallyDressed

Can any one of you give me some insight needed.

I have never bought an HMV steel, and do not know how HMV works in regards to pre-orders. Since as of now there is no artwork available, when approximately close to the release date do they divulge the Artwork...if I am not mistaken it is an Exclusive Artwork so no other country will have the same ?

I was advised for the GB I should give an answer at least 2 months before release date as HMV requires from the Gb Host this delay to provide him with bulk copies needed. Is the artwork usually available 2 months prior to release date ? or is it mostly Blind buys ?

Reactions: Marina Blue

I have never bought an HMV steel, and do not know how HMV works in regards to pre-orders. Since as of now there is no artwork available, when approximately close to the release date do they divulge the Artwork...if I am not mistaken it is an Exclusive Artwork so no other country will have the same ?

I was advised for the GB I should give an answer at least 2 months before release date as HMV requires from the Gb Host this delay to provide him with bulk copies needed. Is the artwork usually available 2 months prior to release date ? or is it mostly Blind buys ?

Would like to be able to assist here. But I've never pre-ordered from HMV myself, I usually just wait until after the release date. Seeing as how this is a Sony steel, it will most likely have place-holder art up until the week of release. The same as Fury, HMV will probably confirm this via Twitter.

I'm afraid you take the artwork lottery when entering a GB sometimes. ;)

I'm personally not rushing into this one, the film could be really good or really bad. I'm gonna see it first then decide if it's worthy enough for a Steelbook purchase.

If you can't get to a HMV Store easily you can contact their head office and get them to pre-order to a store of your choice on your behalf. I've done this twice now following issues with their in-store customer service.

Reactions: HUBMUSWELL
I have never had any probs with pre-ordering from HMV. They normally take a £5 payment off me and then I just pay the balance when I pick up the item from the shop. I think they are supposed to ring you when the blu-ray comes in, but this tends to not happen, so I just keep my eye out for the release date and pop into the shop a couple of days later.

I have ordered Fury, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, Maze Runner, Godzilla, Amazing Spiderman 2, Days of Future Past and Ender's Game from them with no probs at all. The guys at HMV Stevenage are pretty good. Nathan especially is always a good bet for good service... he knows his stuff when it comes to us steelbook geeks.

:O)

Reactions: HUBMUSWELL

I see your post this morning but had to do something and now i see the artwork was announced pretty much after you asked lol random.

As for the art, Im not too sure about it, I really wanted that poster i posted on page 1. Which is a shame but this ok I guess, unless I see the other poster art get announced in another country I'll stick with this but like Elysium this will probably be the same world wide.

I don't know why they have him as black and white and not the full colour of the original picture. Does actually ruin that artwork a little!

Reactions: Actarus
I have never had any probs with pre-ordering from HMV. They normally take a £5 payment off me and then I just pay the balance when I pick up the item from the shop. I think they are supposed to ring you when the blu-ray comes in, but this tends to not happen, so I just keep my eye out for the release date and pop into the shop a couple of days later.

I have ordered Fury, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, Maze Runner, Godzilla, Amazing Spiderman 2, Days of Future Past and Ender's Game from them with no probs at all. The guys at HMV Stevenage are pretty good. Nathan especially is always a good bet for good service... he knows his stuff when it comes to us steelbook geeks.

:O)

If you sign up for a Pure card you don't pay the pre-order fee. Just a tip ;)

I'm personally not rushing into this one, the film could be really good or really bad. I'm gonna see it first then decide if it's worthy enough for a Steelbook purchase.
What is the point of spending 8-10£ on watching it at the cinema to see if you like it. If you don't like it that's money wasted and if you did like and bought the steelbook then that is money wasted again as you paying twice for the movie. At least with a blind buy you can sell the steelbook and recoup a good proportion of your cost if you don't like it and if you do like it then you have only paid once for the privilege of watching the movie!