Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: December 1, 2020
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $44.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

wxIRQ4q.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can people stop releasing steelbooks that I HAVE to buy... Hoping for some crappy waves that I can easily pass on
100% in for this (if the price is right)

Reactions: warp10
Interesting, I love it and wasn’t expecting the scream painting! Very eerie remix!

Also this site blows my mind sometimes. I love this but but wasn’t expecting the equal love. I was fully prepared to read waves of hate! With a few that like it

View attachment 484864
Lol same... I first saw it posted on IG and expected to come on here to a ton of hate comments. 2020 be cray cray! :p

Although I dig it, you guys actually seem to love this one more than I do, which is unusual for a steel with "Pop art". :rofl:

Reactions: Flloydo
I once ended up getting BB's The Texas Chainsaw Massacre on WOWHD. It was, ages after its release though. One day I was just looking and I came across it. Couldn't believe it. Must have been excess stock they couldn't shift or something. It was really cheap too.......
I think we may have picked up the same one. I also picked up Mandy and One Cut of The Dead and I think they were BB exclusives.

First thing that came to mind too before I even see the replies (which then I see others mention) so Zeebeers post did make me chuckle. Reminds me of “guys the 12% code is working” after 20 others have already mentioned it lol
Yeah I really thought I was saying something smart, hadn't read the other replies but for me it was a mindblow haha

Don't get me wrong, I love the art and it's definitely something different and I would totally double dip, but why does it say "An HBO A 5-Part Miniseries" on the front? Why is the extra "A" there? Am I just too linguistically dim or can anybody explain that?
To have such a great idea for a steelbook, and then...a typo. :facepalm:

Is the Edvard Munch estate getting paid for this?!
The original painting is now in the public domain, so no.

First thing that came to mind too before I even see the replies (which then I see others mention) so Zeebeers post did make me chuckle. Reminds me of “guys the 12% code is working” after 20 others have already mentioned it lol

That’s funny. I figured I was stating the obvious to most people. Although I’ve also been wondering how they will take this nice looking steelbook and ruin everything by milking the idea to death. So maybe a whole line of steelbooks. Sharp Objects with American Gothic art? The Mist with soup cans on a shelf? Think of the horrible possibilities

• Haha
Reactions: Flloydo and zeebeer
Men, this is really ugly
We're three: I think this is a really ugly steelbook
Yes, not pretty but I guess the subject ain't pretty either . . . this latest abuse of the original is but another in a long history of abuse.

Anyway, using unadulterated world famous artwork on a steelbook hitherto limited to the back of LOVING VINCENT:-
1599831102603.png
1599831462625.png
1599831864464.png

That’s funny. I figured I was stating the obvious to most people. Although I’ve also been wondering how they will take this nice looking steelbook and ruin everything by milking the idea to death. So maybe a whole line of steelbooks. Sharp Objects with American Gothic art? The Mist with soup cans on a shelf? Think of the horrible possibilities
Really hope that doesn't happen. I want this to be a one time only thing.

Reactions: JGCramp
Hoping they correct the text to same as the slipcover edition ...
1599857822417.png
/
1599857774576.png

... or settle on the text seen on the French mock-up:-
1599858015138.png

Auction of the real thing:-

(This 1895 pastel-on-board version of the painting sold at Sotheby's for a record US$120 million at auction on 2 May 2012).

Possible inspiration for the 'screaming figure':-
1599870714166.png

Approximate setting for the painting - on Ekeberg Hill, Ekeberg (neighborhood of Oslo just south of the city):-
1599871764407.png
1599871864140.png

Edvard Munch doesn't appear to be the cheeriest of chappies - see his paintings "Anxiety" and "Despair":-
DESPAIR - oil on canvas from 1894 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- also 1894 --------------------------------------------- + ----------------------------ANXIETY oil on canvas from 1894 -------------------------I
1599872033117.png
1599872092661.png
+
1599872254608.png