UK
Release date: December 1, 2020
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $44.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

wxIRQ4q.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Finish not known yet for USA or France steelbook

Until Scanavo website list details and more importantly confirmed when someone get delivery won't be known until then
2nd thing: considering this is a Warner release (of an HBO series), could we expect Warner to put in the 4K disc every language, as they do with normal movies? I'm talking about Italian dubbing, in particular, it was contained in every Game of Thrones 4K release and in Westworld 4K too. Also, the official statement from Warner says only 3 languages for the 4K, the usual Eng, Fre, and Spa, but these are always in the back cover of every us release, in fact if you check on the menu, there are always more.

Auction of the real thing:-

(This 1895 pastel-on-board version of the painting sold at Sotheby's for a record US$120 million at auction on 2 May 2012).

Possible inspiration for the 'screaming figure':-
View attachment 485081

Approximate setting for the painting - on Ekeberg Hill, Ekeberg (neighborhood of Oslo just south of the city):-
View attachment 485085View attachment 485086

Edvard Munch doesn't appear to be the cheeriest of chappies - see his paintings "Anxiety" and "Despair":-
DESPAIR - oil on canvas from 1894 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- also 1894 --------------------------------------------- + ----------------------------ANXIETY oil on canvas from 1894 -------------------------I
View attachment 485087 View attachment 485088 + View attachment 485089

The guy seems to like people standing on bridges.

Reactions: virkia
What about finish? I'm pretty sure the usa will be full gloss, but Europe always matte
. Don't know about the finish but Amazon.fr has the steelbook in stock. That's the good news. The bad news for overseas buyers is the shipping cost is about 10 euros.

Wow that's really expensive... Does bestbuy charge immediately or only when it is released?

They often place a pending charge but you only really get charged when it’s released.

I would bet this gets at least a temporary price drop at some point into at least the $30-35 range, which I would still Find too expensive.

Reactions: shooter
You guys pay $35 for movies, why would $45 be too expensive for a full series?

I’d have to go back and look but I’m not sure I’ve ever spent $35 for a Best Buy steelbook. Maybe Rise of Skywalker and Game of Thrones season 8 but if I did those would be exception buys. I recently paid $25 for the Watchmen series and that’s generally as high as I’ll go with Best Buy.

I’d have to go back and look but I’m not sure I’ve ever spent $35 for a Best Buy steelbook. Maybe Rise of Skywalker and Game of Thrones season 8 but if I did those would be exception buys. I recently paid $25 for the Watchmen series and that’s generally as high as I’ll go with Best Buy.

Then you stayed away from all Disney and Marvel 4K releases over the last 2 years or so.

Then you stayed away from all Disney and Marvel 4K releases over the last 2 years or so.

I bought most of them when BB had that $9.99-$19.99 sale. I honestly only started really collecting steelbooks in the last year or so.

I did just get The Incredible Hulk but that was only $17and I also bought Up! And Wall-e but I had gift cards so I didn’t personally pay the full price.

It’s not that I have a personal objection to paying $50 for a steelbook. It’s more that I only have limited spending income for movies and in this case I already own the UK Chernobyl steelbook and streaming on iTunes. So I’d like this one but $50 is too much for me. If there is a good price drop then I’ll definitely grab one.

Reactions: Stygian
The vast majority of new releases are $35.

Also FYI, you can save another buck on Hulk..it's now 16.99

Reactions: JGCramp
The vast majority of new releases are $35.

Also FYI, you can save another buck on Hulk..it's now 16.99

Thanks for the heads up. I didn't realize the price had dropped.

My budget is limited but don't get me wrong I do sometimes spend that much on steelbooks. I set aside money for the Zavvi Star Wars line (I would've done the same if Best Buy had released this line) and I've bought several Manta, etc. premiums. Given my budget, though, $35 for all the steelbooks I otherwise would buy is just too high for me so I either have to wait for price drops or pass on them. That said, I've noticed since the pandemic started there have been more BB 4K steelbooks priced at or below $25, so who knows maybe we are seeing a shift to a lower price point on steelbooks.