Chicken Little (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Mar 24, 2013
Release date: December 3, 2018
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order November 4 at 6 PM UK time)
Price: £18.99

11931231-1464622699799996.jpg

11931231-1994622700123198.jpg
11931231-1674622699638797.jpg
11931231-7914622699907699.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to see Winnie the Pooh and Ichabod and Mr. Toad up next.
I'm thinking most likely next releases will be in this order:-
38 - FANTASIA 2000
27 - OLIVER AND COMPANY
44 - HOME ON THE RANGE
46 - THE WILD
22 - THE MANY ADVENTURES OF WINNIE THE POOH
-------------------------
Who the heck knows ...
6 - 11 & 25

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k
:arghh: Can’t believe this will get released before Oliver & Company.
I'm a little surprised as well, but at the rate they're going it won't be long for Oliver. It's one massive collection they've been putting together over the years. I'm kind of glad I've not been collecting since the start or it would have felt like forever!

• Thanks
Reactions: willbar84
I'm a little surprised as well, but at the rate they're going it won't be long for Oliver. It's one massive collection they've been putting together over the years. I'm kind of glad I've not been collecting since the start or it would have felt like forever!

It’s like Chicken Little is mocking me with that front artwork, grr haha. Very true though shouldn’t be to much of a wait as Oli holds a very special place to me as I grew up with that movie and is a very fond memory of my childhood :joy::drool:

• Thanks
Got it preordered. Thanks @GoDo

I think the issue I have with the art now that I've thought about it is that at a quick glance it looks like one of those Disney Blu Ray Sip Covers you can get with the main character on the front.

Want to add this to my Disney steelbook collection but it’s apparently not one of Disney’s better work. So I’m having second thoughts

I'd like to see Winnie the Pooh and Ichabod and Mr. Toad up next.
I'd rather we got Fantasia 2000 (the other sequel in the Classic line) and Oliver & Company first...then the two you mentioned :)

my only concern is that Ichabod was combined with Fun and Fancy Free over here in the UK so there isnt even a singluar movie pressing for it, so if we did get a steel, it would likely be the first official combo movie steelbook(with that doesnt have either of the two movies on its own other steel and with a dual artwork requirement)

• Thanks
my only concern is that Ichabod was combined with Fun and Fancy Free over here in the UK so there isnt even a singluar movie pressing for it, so if we did get a steel, it would likely be the first official combo movie steelbook(with that doesnt have either of the two movies on its own other steel and with a dual artwork requirement)[/QUOT

If Disney are going to give us the complete Numbered Classics collection from No.1 SNOW WHITE to whichever is the latest - and it's a big if - I suppose it's unlikely that each of the six 1940s 'package films' will get a standalone steelbook release . . . more likely two titles per steel - easily divided into 3 steelbooks . . . if that's the case best result artwork-wise would be to use one side of the steelbook for one film's artwork + title and for the other side artwork for the second film + title . . . instead of splitting the front in two as they did with the UK Blu-ray Amaray release for two of their number.

Possible pairings:-
SALUDOS AMIGOS (No. 6) has already been paired with THE THREE CABALLEROS (No. 7) ...
1542717145395.png

... best image for the front would be Donald and friends ^ ... failing that, either of these ..................................... with this on the back or vice versa:-
1542720958925.png
1542721443781.png
......................./ ...................................
1542717280213.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MAKE MINE MUSIC (No.8) has already been paired with MELODY TIME (No.10) ...
1542717730497.png

... so this could be on the front .......... and ............ this on the back or vice versa:-
1542718047829.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The remaining two films - FUN AND FANCY FREE (No.9) and THE ADVENTURES OF ICHABOD AND MR. TOAD (No.11) - have also already been paired ...
1542718327507.png

... and this for the front ................................................................................... with this on the back or vice versa:-
1542719008127.png
/
1542721979250.png
or
1542719554735.png

I'd rather we got Fantasia 2000 (the other sequel in the Classic line) and Oliver & Company first...then the two you mentioned :)

my only concern is that Ichabod was combined with Fun and Fancy Free over here in the UK so there isnt even a singluar movie pressing for it, so if we did get a steel, it would likely be the first official combo movie steelbook(with that doesnt have either of the two movies on its own other steel and with a dual artwork requirement)
If Disney UK decide on a steelbook release for Fun & Fancy Free/ Ichabod and Mr Toad they could still do separate steelbooks but have same Blu-ray disc that already has both films inside each steelbook

It would mean you are purchasing same films twice :D

I doubt it would happen but it's not impossible for Disney to do a new encode and put the films each on their own Blu-ray
I just don't see them spending the money on doing separate Blu-ray discs as they not big sellers as it is

• Thanks
If Disney UK decide on a steelbook release for Fun & Fancy Free/ Ichabod and Mr Toad they could still do separate steelbooks but have same Blu-ray disc that already has both films inside each steelbook

It would mean you are purchasing same films twice :D

I doubt it would happen but it's not impossible for Disney to do a new encode and put the films each on their own Blu-ray
I just don't see them spending the money on doing separate Blu-ray discs as they not big sellers as it is
IF, and that a huge if, we ever see steels for these War-time and just after, movies, I wouldnt put it passed them doing a double disc re-print for each steel. I mean we got a lazy reprint of the US version for The Rescuers Down Under....