Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Hey guys, got some exclusive HDN news. :D
Release date: May 28, 2012
Buy Link: Chronicle

The Steelbook has artwork front / rear and interior. It won’t have any certification printed on the covers as these will be on J-cards. The front cover is embossed
Matte varnish and an emboss on the title treatment for the front

The Steelbook comes with Blu-ray disc and Digital Copy and this steelbook is G2!

View attachment 7658
attachment.php

chronicle-play.jpg

attachment.php
Trailer:
[media=youtube]i-M5Qx57_UU[/media]

Last edited by a moderator:
There are serious talks about a sequel with its writer already, as much as I loved this one I think it would work better as a one shot. I have two copies of the steel on p-o but I will definitely multi-dip if there are other cool editions out there. Love how it refreshes the superhero genre. One of my new favorites, definitely.

There are serious talks about a sequel with its writer already, as much as I loved this one I think it would work better as a one shot. I have two copies of the steel on p-o but I will definitely multi-dip if there are other cool editions out there. Love how it refreshes the superhero genre. One of my new favorites, definitely.

Agreed. There is no need to make a sequel. It will just dilute the impact of the original movie. I would suggest rather making a prequel,
to find out where that "alien" artifact came from.

Or better yet, make a paraquel, to track what happened to the artifact. I'm sure that it was excavated and taken away to some military base for further research. Rather show what happens there.

Just my thoughts...

preordered! havent seen the full movie but watched the trailer and i thought it looked pretty good. How would you guys rate it out of 10? price is good to. just hope it doesnt come dented as its play.com:ohno:

preordered! havent seen the full movie but watched the trailer and i thought it looked pretty good. How would you guys rate it out of 10? price is good to. just hope it doesnt come dented as its play.com:ohno:

It got 84% from the critics and 75% from the audience on Rotten Tomatoes.

So I'm pretty excited to see this one. :D

i suspect this steel will sell out fast on play, seems very popular and it wasnt a big film so think the print run will be fairly small.

i suspect this steel will sell out fast on play, seems very popular and it wasnt a big film so think the print run will be fairly small.

Really enjoyed the film in the cinema. A very witty reboot of the superhero ethos. Shame they didn't go with the theatrical poster as the front cover, though the finished front is very in keeping with the film.

Nice one, I really liked the Steelbook's artwork and the fact it's embossed. Though I don't like the inside artwork at all, so I hope it'll look a lot better in person. Shame it is a PLAY.COM EXCLUSIVE as they send only within Europe and I was actually considering of buying this.

Agreed. There is no need to make a sequel. It will just dilute the impact of the original movie. I would suggest rather making a prequel,
to find out where that "alien" artifact came from.

Or better yet, make a paraquel, to track what happened to the artifact. I'm sure that it was excavated and taken away to some military base for further research. Rather show what happens there.

Just my thoughts...

A prequel isnt a bad idea ... but like you suggested kept apart from the characters of the movie. In a way I like the mysteries to remain mysteries, that way I think the story will keep its value longer ...

I gave this movie 4.5 out of 5. A nice blend of genres and seamless technical effects create something different that keeps you watching it with enthusiasm.

As it's European release, it can be region B or region free, but definitely not region A. If it's region free, then it would work on all Blu-ray players.