Chungking Express (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Novamedia Exclusive #36) [Korea]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: October 29, 2021
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenti - Quarter Slip - One Click A (all 3 editions) - One Click B (without quarter slip) (Pre-order on October 15, at 10 PM - Korea time)
Price: $36.99 (Full Slip) - $37.99 (Lenti) - $33.99 (Quarter Slip) - $107.99 (One Click)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Full Slip - Lenti - Quarter Slip - One Click
Note: Total print run 3500 - Domestic 1700 - International 1700
Full Slip 1400 copies - Lenti 1600 copies - Quarter Slip not numbered

AE8AC866-0DBC-4E39-9802-7DE5BA8042B5.jpeg65EEDE92-8CC4-4120-8BFA-257484FB45BE.jpeg7269C4FE-E8D3-401F-9EFF-E75BE16E8BC2.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah... if we could see the beauty shots before placing our orders...
Wait...

Damn... There may be a shipping crisis, but my package with the three previous FS ordered from the pung off eBay, shipped via FedEx, took 2 days from Korea to my doorstep in Germany. :OMG: And flew right by customs.

Btw, if someone is interested in the three previous FS minus the steels, drop me a PM.

Reactions: jailbird_joey
Full Slip for me since I already have FS for ITMFL and Happy Together, the lenti looks really nice though I wish it was Tony on the cover

Been waiting for this to hit the Nova website and someone pointed me to over here. Looks great! I prefer the Tony/Faye storyline so the fullslip is the one for me. :)

Reactions: jailbird_joey
It's not. Both movies play fine on my Region B player.
Ok, how would you explain this?

Firstly, listings are OFTEN WRONG,,
Secondly,... He just explained the reality.

*no guarantees...

Reactions: CleverLoginName
In addition to what @jailbird_joey has posted already, please check the YesAsia listings for "In the Mood for Love" and "Happy Together" (or any other NE release). You'll find them stating being Region A locked, too. This isn't the case, as I have posted earlier. I don't know why Nova (and other Korean retailers) print the wrong region codes on the slips and discs. IIRC somebody posted here it has something to do with distribution rights, but I wouldn't know anything about the whys and hows. All I can say is that the discs play fine, and it would come as a GREAT surprise if it were any different with "Chungking Express". Actually I think there's no Nova release at all that is actually locked to Region A.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: goufcustom
In addition to what @jailbird_joey has posted already, please check the YesAsia listings for "In the Mood for Love" and "Happy Together" (or any other NE release). You'll find them stating being Region A locked, too. This isn't the case, as I have posted earlier. I don't know why Nova (and other Korean retailers) print the wrong region codes on the slips and discs. IIRC somebody posted here it has something to do with distribution rights, but I wouldn't know anything about the whys and hows. All I can say is that the discs play fine, and it would come as a GREAT surprise if it were any different with "Chungking Express". Actually I think there's no Nova release at all that is actually locked to Region A.
This was always my thought,,, distribution rules.
Have noticed same thing for years so never worry, except for that time, you do :rofl: thanks Manta Revenant

Reactions: CleverLoginName