Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: August 24, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@virkia as much as I undersatnd your point, Disney is there to make money, yes they bring us wonderful Movies, but they are cheap and greedy.
In North America, it has been years that is is NO longer Possible to Obtain their 3D Disk when included in a releases and we have to buy them from Asian countries if we want them, and of course I do. So it becomes expensive. They started to do their Amaray copy with Blu-ray + DVD and a Separate Edition for the 3D, so if we wanted 3D, in most cases like OZ, we had to Buy the regular Amaray at 19.99 if not more, plus again the 3D at another 20 to 25 or so to get it. Amazon Started Boycotting Disney in regards to their 3D and said they would no longer carry the 3D version until they are reasonably priced so what happened no more 3D in North America. But under Marvel Franchise 3D are still available which is strange but the Marvel 3D SUCK. the Disney ones you often got ones that were really standing out while watching, but Marvel I don't know they don't do the ''post conversion'' right or limit funds for whomever is converting it doesn't have the adequate funds to really provide an outstanding 3D copy. So I would assume for the World Wide Art As Cinderella is, I think it might be last of their concern as they know they will be bought anyways.

But if you get a regular amaray to intend to put a slipcover over your steel it will not work as they are not wide enough. But if you want, if it will make you happy, I will be getting some PET sleeves from the Korean Version with crystal effect on the front and on the title is on the side. It is a transparent type of Plastic cover that you slide like a slip. I personally am scared to slide them on as I don't want to scratch my sleeves, but if you put them square enough I guess I am sure they made them so they must slide on and off not that tight if not everyone would be upset and so many people who buy the Korean version do use the PET Sleeves. The only think you will have some Korean written on it but is is small and on the side you have the full on Title.

View attachment 184947 View attachment 184950 View attachment 184948

Thanks so much for the lovely pictures - it does look a thousand times better with the see-through 'sparkly' slipcover I must say :thumbs:

Slight pity about that Blu-ray logo on the front though.

Last edited:
Just got mine and it has paint stretching on corner :( not happy is there anyway to cover this when opened?

Attachments

• Photo 3.JPG
    Photo 3.JPG
    355.9 KB · Views: 165
@virkia
But if you want, if it will make you happy, I will be getting some PET sleeves from the Korean Version with crystal effect on the front and on the title is on the side. It is a transparent type of Plastic cover that you slide like a slip. I personally am scared to slide them on as I don't want to scratch my sleeves, but if you put them square enough I guess I am sure they made them so they must slide on and off not that tight if not everyone would be upset and so many people who buy the Korean version do use the PET Sleeves. The only think you will have some Korean written on it but is is small and on the side you have the full on Title.

View attachment 184947 View attachment 184950 View attachment 184948

If you have one of those PET sleeves spare I would love to own one, it just might save this steelbook for me. Please do let me know if you have one spare for sale.

Put one of my extra slips on my zavvi steel. Soo o much better ;)
View attachment 185457

Please let me know if that green disc lower right hand side is removable ?
Looks much better with the slip and that is a nice slip - simple yet effective - does all that it's meant to do - Top design :thumbs:
Haven't sent my steelbook back yet and if I had one of those slips I don't think I would :)

Last edited:
Please let me know if that green disc lower right hand side is removable ?
Looks much better with the slip and that is a nice slip - simple yet effective - does all that it's meant to do - Top design :thumbs:
Spine of the slip has the necessary information ?
Haven't sent my steelbook back yet and if I had one of those slips I don't think I would :)

It's a removable green sticker ;)

This slip is more for those that bought the U.K. / E.U. editions as it would make the release 'acceptable' IMO although I wouldn't want to pay much for one as the steelbook already cost more than enough.

Last edited:
It's a removable green sticker ;)

Are you really sure the green disk is removable?
As I read your post, I happily went to attempt to remove it (I kinda hate it, it spoils), but I could not.
Actually, I believe it is printed on the pet as well as the other images :(

Reactions: virkia
If it was up to me I'd do away with the Blu-ray logo centre top, the gold print "Disney Blu-ray" lower left and the green disc lower right and then I'd be a happy bunny . . .
If anyone who has this Pet slip would be good enough to let me know what's on the back that needs to be removed I'd appreciate it.

Are you really sure the green disk is removable?
As I read your post, I happily went to attempt to remove it (I kinda hate it, it spoils), but I could not.
Actually, I believe it is printed on the pet as well as the other images :(

My apologies :emb: It looks like a sticker but it is indeed printed onto PET Slip.

The Clear PET Slip is made to go with Korean Releases of the steel and it is normal that it will have Korean elements to it, including the writing(even though will fit any WWA Steel it is made for Korean Version). It is custom for Korean Slips to have those elements on them as seen on the pictures(like the Korean round logo front of sleeves and Korean Writing on the Back and side with the English Title) and it is something that we are used to seeing on every versions of them and that most of us want them to be on them as if we buy a Korean Version, we do expect a Korean Feel to what we are Purchasing.
It is not made to be custom modified.
It is a ''take it as it is'' Slip as it is a Bonus Item given for Free with some Korean releases as a Promotion.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the info about the PET slip - it's much appreciated and I don't feel it is quite the thing that I'm looking for after all, alas.
I think however that I'll be returning this steel next week and hope and trust that there will be a future 'Cinderella 2015' steelbook release with this back artwork on the front and a title on the spine . . .

Has anyone got one without the paint stretching on the corner????
Paint stretching is a normal manufacturing effect for glossy steelbooks. It does bother some people, but is hard to avoid when getting quality gloss-finished steels.

I have loads of Steelbooks and only a handful have paint stretching and they are all Disney ones with the exception of the Indiana Jones set.

Can someone who has this let me know please if their copy has the paint stretching on the corner.

Not particularly relevant to your Disney steelbook problem but If I remember correctly, wasn't there a similar problem with the Entertainment Store's 'Anchorman 2' steelbook (Paramount) - so much so that one of the pics on their original listing showed the paint stretching problem on the top opening edge ? Talk about 'a fall from grace' - 'A 2' was something like 23 quid at E.S. before the copies they couldn't shift ended up on Zavvi - yes, these were the same exclusive copies, as you could clearly see where the long rectangular sticker had been from the mark on the shrinkwrap - and now a year-and-a-half later copies are available from the Amazon Marketplace for a fiver . . .