Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: August 24, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A note here-that is the furthest from the truth-Mods and Staff do not give any preferential treatment to members who are rude, argumentative or insulting to other members, regardless if they are premium members or not. Sorry but whether offline or online, that behavior is never justified or acceptable. Again all members are welcomed to report posts using "report" function. We are also fully aware that we have some trolls whose sole purpose is to attempt to pit people against each other-find another site to troll you are not welcomed here.Thanks for moving on folks.
I just wanted to add to this if I may.

I for one do not think a member who is a premium supporter on here gets any preferred treatment here at all. I think the mods do a good job keeping an even balance of people's opinions on here, whether it be conflicting opinions or not, everybody has the right to their opinion, but not to belittle others. And I agree that there are some people on here who try to cleverly, shall we say, goad for a reaction. I've seen it a few times on the forum.

On that note, I've noticed on this thread that there was possibly some outbursts from members here that probably got deleted before I saw them. And I will put my hands up and say that I was one of them. Not my usual input on the threads, but a certain member did tick me off, and it wasn't because of my opinion or his opinion on the Steelbook itself and I'll leave it at that.

And for that, I Apologise to the community for my outburst at least. It's not a welcome sight, and I put my hands up to it.

Anyway, I've said my peace, this will be the last you hear from me on the matter.

Reactions: Ronnie3067
I personally think the steel book is lovely. The film itself is nothing short of enchanting, honestly I love Disney and Cinderella has always been one of my favourites and this really does bring the fairytale to life, it is truly magical.

I fell hard for Richard Madden as Robb Stark in Game of Thrones and fell in love with him all over again here as the Prince.

...Smile, Breathe and Believe in Magic...

Watched this yesterday and to be honest I loved the film.
Thought this was really well made and much better than Malificent.
The costumes and acting were great and Cate Blanchett as always was brilliant as the ugly/wicked stepmother.
Some really good humour too

Also I'm now in love with Lily James. She's perfect

Oh and Im a fan of the steelbook (just hate having no title on the spine)

Watched the frozen short too and to be honest it's pretty sh*t, it bored me.

I agree I love the touch of Kenneth Branagh on this fairy tale brought to life while staying true to the Classic Story. I just think he did a brilliant job and I have seen it twice now and it won't be my last. It is just magical and got me giggling like a school Boy :drool: ...Everything in it is just perfect, my only criticism is that it isn't longer :joy:

On another note I have to Disagree with you in regards to Maleficent. I thought it was VERY clever for Disney to put a new twist to this Classic Story giving us a different Experience, a movie born from the Classic Story... I though it was exquisitely done, very enjoyable, beautiful stunning sceneries the special effects are wickedly done perfectly ! It is a Movie that I find one of Disney's best movie done last year and is in my High Top 10 movie for 2014. As Cinderella will be in my favorite top 10 movie for this year.

Taste is subjective, you may personally find that Cinderella was better made than Maleficent, but personally I have to disagree. The CGI is Perfect, movie is Enchanting and Captivating. I would say to be fair that they are Equally great in Different ways. I could go on and name everything for each movie that was perfectly done, but it's not needed as Visually both are just breathtaking and story wise as well both do each movie justice, both allow us to escape in the Wonderful world of Disney ;)

Reactions: Marina Blue
i agree got my copy yesterday and thought it was a way better steelbook than I was expecting. I dare not tell my niece that the Frozen short is on this disc or she'll be "borrowing" it on a permanent basis.

I just received this. Quite like it, not bad steelbook. Would had preferred the title on the spine. It is what it is. Don't really see what the massive fuss is over.
The few points about this steelbook that I was unhappy about are :-
(1) It's a Disney steelbook and Disney steelbooks are amongst the best in my collection in terms of front image and finish and maybe I expect too much from a Disney steelbook but I feel seriously let down and underwhelmed by this one. I don't have a bad word to say about any of my other many Disney steelbooks except for one other and that at least had a title on the spine.
(2) IMO a lack of spine title is inexcusable though I admit to finding it OK if the spine is filled with images in the Marvel style.
(3) The shoe photographs well as can be seen in most of the photos but IMO it's quite 'flat' despite having been embossed and it's not so glittery when you have it in front of you.
(4) The front is too bare and there is acres of space to have a title somewhere.
(5) The positioning of the partial slip on the E.U. editions is most unfortunate (n) and if it had to be there then the 'shoe' artwork definitely should have been continued on to the slip and the title moved elsewhere as there's no room for both on the slip without compromising the title.
(6) The back image is BEAUTIFUL and really catches the light and I would have been VERY HAPPY to keep this steelbook had that been the main image.
(7) The pricing is quite high for what it is IMO.
Anyway, as you say "It is what it is" and some will be happy with it while others like myself will not be for some of the reasons listed above and that, I promise, is my guaranteed final word on this steelbook in this thread.
It is not now nor ever was my intention to upset anyone - just to express my feelings about this product :)

All I can say vakira, the Cinderella steel is nothing new or surprising. I've seen similar steels released in this style.

I'm not going to get involved in a silly debate about this steel. You like it or you don't. As I said before, I personally don't see what the big fuss is. Others do. Just another steel released, nothing more. End of story.

I agree I love the touch of Kenneth Branagh on this fairy tale brought to life while staying true to the Classic Story. I just think he did a brilliant job and I have seen it twice now and it won't be my last. It is just magical and got me giggling like a school Boy :drool: ...Everything in it is just perfect, my only criticism is that it isn't longer :joy:

On another note I have to Disagree with you in regards to Maleficent. I thought it was VERY clever for Disney to put a new twist to this Classic Story giving us a different Experience, a movie born from the Classic Story... I though it was exquisitely done, very enjoyable, beautiful stunning sceneries the special effects are wickedly done perfectly ! It is a Movie that I find one of Disney's best movie done last year and is in my High Top 10 movie for 2014. As Cinderella will be in my favorite top 10 movie for this year.

Taste is subjective, you may personally find that Cinderella was better made than Maleficent, but personally I have to disagree. The CGI is Perfect, movie is Enchanting and Captivating. I would say to be fair that they are Equally great in Different ways. I could go on and name everything for each movie that was perfectly done, but it's not needed as Visually both are just breathtaking and story wise as well both do each movie justice, both allow us to escape in the Wonderful world of Disney ;)

I think that you have nailed both Maleficent and Cinderella there with your descriptions.
I was not sure of Maleficent on the first viewing as I was expecting the story to follow Sleeping Beauty.
Cinderella is just totally enchanting and what makes Disney so amazing

Reactions: Actarus
I personally Love the Steel, It's not unusual for WWA Steel to have no title on the Spine or anywhere on the steel and we have seen it many times before and I find it no big deal. For those who dislike this so much there is always other country with Wonderful Slips that comes with the title less ones especially Taiwan does a great Job at Making Superb Classy Slips to go with WWA Steel. I love that with the slip on we see full shoe artwork and Title Classy on the 1/4 slip is placed at the Top of the Steelbook and the sides have the Title written on the slip folded over the spine of the steel, so on your bookshelf side to side you get the title, and facing front as well. Kimchi also did such an Insane Job with their FullSlips, I think it is the nicest Version out there. But whether or not with or without a slip with a Title on it, it is a beautiful Steelbook with embossed treatment with a superb Glossy Job.

I personally Love the Steel, It's not unusual for WWA Steel to have no title on the Spine or anywhere on the steel and we have seen it many times before and I find it no big deal. For those who dislike this so much there is always other country with Wonderful Slips that comes with the title less ones especially Taiwan does a great Job at Making Superb Classy Slips to go with WWA Steel. I love that with the slip on we see full shoe artwork and Title Classy on the 1/4 slip is placed at the Top of the Steelbook and the sides have the Title written on the slip folded over the spine of the steel, so on your bookshelf side to side you get the title, and facing front as well. Kimchi also did such an Insane Job with their FullSlips, I think it is the nicest Version out there. But whether or not with or without a slip with a Title on it, it is a beautiful Steelbook with embossed treatment with a superb Glossy Job.

RE: WORLD EXCLUSIVE ART
I may be in the minority on this international forum but as someone who has only bought U.K. steelbooks (to date) I have to say that I am not accustomed to the practice of no spine titles that other members find perfectly normal and acceptable.
In fact this is a very rare occurrence here in the U.K. to have to rely on a slipcover on a steelbook to see a title and I for one would really not like this to happen again.
The truth is that there are only between 5 - 10 out of approx. 750 U.K. steelbooks without titles on the spine so based on that fact you can see that it's not usual practice here even though it may be elsewhere.

RE: WORLD EXCLUSIVE ART
I may be in the minority on this international forum but as someone who has only bought U.K. steelbooks (to date) I have to say that I am not accustomed to the practice of no spine titles that other members find perfectly normal and acceptable.
In fact this is a very rare occurrence here in the U.K. to have to rely on a slipcover on a steelbook to see a title and I for one would really not like this to happen again.
The truth is that there are only between 5 - 10 out of approx. 750 U.K. steelbooks without titles on the spine so based on that fact you can see that it's not usual practice here even though it may be elsewhere.

Cinderella is not WEA but WWA, so it is not Unusual to have title less Steels with WWA Steelbooks, it is pretty common actually. You just have to accept it and move on as there is nothing you can do about it. Sure you may prefer it, but in regards to WWA steels you have to expect it. For the Zavvi/UK Exclusive yes they to my knowledge all have titles, but Cinderella isn't one of them, and it was a very high possibility that was confirmed a couple of months ago when we saw the first WWA from a different country. Zavvi Cinderella = WWA

Yes, I meant WORLD WIDE ART but this doesn't alter the fact that it is THANKFULLY a rare thing to have title-less spines in the U.K. :)
I don't get it though - just because the art is worldwide, and there's NOTHING WRONG with that - that the spines for each country can't have the title printed in the language of the relevant country on the actual steelbook.
IMO it only smacks of cost-cutting and I see no good reason or justification for it apart from that.
I don't see why such a premium product cannot be properly titled on the spine according to territory in the following way ?
U.K. / U.S.A. / CANADA / AUSTRALIA etc. editions 'Cinderella'
Spanish edition 'Cinicienta'
French edition 'Cendrillon'
Italian edition 'Cenerentola'
Neither do I expect to see a row of title-less steelbooks on my shelves nor do I welcome it and it's not much help having titles on the front of the throwaway card slip if the steelbooks are displayed on shelves like books where only the spines are visible :)

Yes of course it is a simple cost issue that they don't put titles on WWA Steels, Especially for Disney they are the ones who are the best in trying to cut cost, but for Disney/Marvel it is NOT a rare thing even in the UK. This is the reality; MArvel and Disney will most always have Title Less Steels in regards to WWA ones(all countries including UK). It was shortly discussed when we first saw it couple months ago but we are used to it and there is no choice but to make peace with it. It's a Wonderful Movie, A Wonderful Steel and there is no other way but to accept it. So we have move on from it as it is the same song over and over for every Disney/Marvel release as like I said we are used to it as it is the way they do it, this is far from being the first time. So we take it as it is and buy the versions we like from whatever country will offer the slips we love.

In any case, will all do respect, the title less discussion isn't one for me as I'd rather discuss what I love about it since it doesn't bother me at all.

I hope you'll end up enjoy it for what it is as it is a beautiful Steel :happy:

Last edited:
As I understand it with WORLD WIDE EXCLUSIVES there is zero chance of the steelbook having a title on the spine ?

I still find it hard to get over the fact that a mega wealthy company like Disney cannot give us spine titles on their premium Blu-ray packaging and to add some weight to this feeling I'm including a quote from Variety:-

"The Walt Disney Co. started off its first fiscal quarter of 2015 with more record-breaking results, with revenue up 9% to nearly $13.4 billion, while net income rose 19% to around $2.2 billion."

As I understand it with WWEs the only way to have a title 'on the spine' is to buy a Far Eastern edition with a slipcover and that will have another language printed on it somewhere (which for me is unsatisfactory) ?

I presume if there is a U.S or Canadian (Mondo) edition it will have a proper title on the spine ?

Anyway, if nothing 'better' comes along, I'll be forced to buy this but I'll wait for it to hit GBP 9.99 before I jump.

If worse comes to worse, how difficult would it be, when WWA is concerned, for each territory to have the title on the partial slip in the style of 'Mocking Jay Pt.1' if it really cannot be on the steelbook itself ?
At least the recent Disney Numbered Classic 'Frozen' steelbook was saved by the 'No. 52' on the slip spine :thumbs:

Last edited:
@virkia as much as I undersatnd your point, Disney is there to make money, yes they bring us wonderful Movies, but they are cheap and greedy.
In North America, it has been years that is is NO longer Possible to Obtain their 3D Disk when included in a releases and we have to buy them from Asian countries if we want them, and of course I do. So it becomes expensive. They started to do their Amaray copy with Blu-ray + DVD and a Separate Edition for the 3D, so if we wanted 3D, in most cases like OZ, we had to Buy the regular Amaray at 19.99 if not more, plus again the 3D at another 20 to 25 or so to get it. Amazon Started Boycotting Disney in regards to their 3D and said they would no longer carry the 3D version until they are reasonably priced so what happened no more 3D in North America. But under Marvel Franchise 3D are still available which is strange but the Marvel 3D SUCK. the Disney ones you often got ones that were really standing out while watching, but Marvel I don't know they don't do the ''post conversion'' right or limit funds for whomever is converting it doesn't have the adequate funds to really provide an outstanding 3D copy. So I would assume for the World Wide Art As Cinderella is, I think it might be last of their concern as they know they will be bought anyways.

But if you get a regular amaray to intend to put a slipcover over your steel it will not work as they are not wide enough. But if you want, if it will make you happy, I will be getting some PET sleeves from the Korean Version with crystal effect on the front and on the title is on the side. It is a transparent type of Plastic cover that you slide like a slip. I personally am scared to slide them on as I don't want to scratch my sleeves, but if you put them square enough I guess I am sure they made them so they must slide on and off not that tight if not everyone would be upset and so many people who buy the Korean version do use the PET Sleeves. The only think you will have some Korean written on it but is is small and on the side you have the full on Title.

Screen shot 2015-08-29 at 11.38.02 AM.png Screen shot 2015-08-29 at 11.38.39 AM.png Screen shot 2015-08-29 at 11.38.17 AM.png