Status
Not open for further replies.

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Hey international members!

I'm hosting a group buy for any of you people out there that are interested in the Justice League: Gods and Monsters Blu-ray Steelbook from Target

Pre-order cost is $?? per copy
Sales tax of ? per copy

You'll note that the price will not likely drop further, but in order to guarantee the number of copies requested, I order from Target.com ahead of time and cannot price match.

Due to the large amount of work for international group buys, including a few visits to the post office and packaging materials, the fee will be $4.00 for the first copy and $1 for each additional. but that TOTAL cost is DONATED TO HDN upkeep costs.

Paypal fees will be included in any invoice sent.

Limit of 2x copies per request.

Only mint / new copies will be passed on to members here.

Additionally - these steelbooks usually come wrapped in cardboard slips. I'll do my best to inspect them, but I cannot see underneath the cardboard.

Shipping options:
QUOTES are for 1 steelbook ONLY.

I will pack in the following manner - case will be bubble wrapped, in a heavier cardboard box.

Please note - with non-trackable shipping - you the buyer understand that I cannot verify it's delivery - as I leave the choice up to you, this is not my responsibility. Insurance can be purchased through a 3rd party if desired.

I will retain proof of shipping for each package.

All delivery times are ESTIMATES only. New quotes provided as necessary.

First Class International (Box) - with delivery confirm to most countries.

-delivery to most locations - 10 - 14 business days, but may take longer
France - $14.40
UK - $14.40
Canada -> $11.50 (approx)

Insurance against loss or damage is $1.30 more up to $100 worth of coverage and is mandatory will all shipments.

Requesting list:

1) @hellboydce x1
2) @stevew1978 x1 *invoiced
3) @Polak x1 *invoiced
4) @Tacozilla x1
5) @viper0210 x1
6) @whited001 x1 *invoiced
7) @Ranavalone x1 **paid
8) @DylanDog75 x1 *paid
9) @Agentcooper x1
10) @chronicpoetic x1
11) @xixhd x1
12) @Simon1976uk x1
13) @D4vem88 x1
14) France @metis x1
15) UK @Sugnid x1
16) Australia @kezzar111 x1 **mondo
17) UK @kaneo911 x1
18)
19)

Figure:
1) @Narg x1 **mondo
2) @jackanape x1 **figure
3) @Pattman06 x1 **figure
4) UK @Shane Dale x1 **figure
5) USA @ripclaw x1 **figure
6)
7)

Shipped:
1) @Futurhythm x1 (requested 2x) shipped 8/5
2) @eps999 x1 (requested 2x) shipped 8/5
3) UK @jitstark x1 shipped 8/4

Wreck assisted:
1) @Danzigg1979 x1 **Wreck to assist
2) @mnementh x1 **Wreck to assist
3) @morgand1987 x1 **Wreck to assist

Reserve:
1) UK @hiphopnrap x1
2) USA @sirdizzy x1

Last edited:
Yeah can see mate but thanks for your help and effort in sourcing them. Hopefully works out;)

Would you be OK with taking a damaged box, but steelbook and figure in great shape? They used spiderwraps on these things, so the box will not be in great shape.

A member has found some like this, so if you are searching for the steelbook and would be willing to pay a bit more for the figure edition, we could help more folks

@sminister

Reactions: sminister
Would you be OK with taking a damaged box, but steelbook and figure in great shape? They used spiderwraps on these things, so the box will not be in great shape.

A member has found some like this, so if you are searching for the steelbook and would be willing to pay a bit more for the figure edition, we could help more folks

@sminister
Yeah that's fine mate I saw the pic with the spider wrap thing terrible idea that is. But yeah it can't be helped so I'll take one. Thanks for sourcing one for me:thumbs:

@sminister

Thats a shame. I am so glad my store does not use those or the plastic cases

I'm more than happy to give up one copy if it means somebody else can get one as well. I always request two because I have the worst luck with these DC Steelbooks.

Looks like fulfilling this GB is harder than anyone could've imagined. Really appreciate all the work, guys :notworthy:

Is there enough for me to put my name back on? My supplier has told me can't complete my order now

With the help of @sminister we're actually getting really close to helping everyone the list. Would you be willing to take one with a figure at a slightly higher price?

I'm going to try and get to a few of you over the weekend, but really trying to make some major progress in the Mondo GB right now.

Thanks again for being so patient. :thumbs:

With the help of @sminister we're actually getting really close to helping everyone the list. Would you be willing to take one with a figure at a slightly higher price?

I'm going to try and get to a few of you over the weekend, but really trying to make some major progress in the Mondo GB right now.

Depends how much higher-don't wanna be charged too over the top

Depends how much higher-don't wanna be charged too over the top

Hi @Shane Dale the cost for the set with the figurine is $24.99 + tax, which comes to about $26.xx (standard will be about $18.xx per unit).
@apsmith21 is simply offering this as an option. We're trying to work within a very limited quantity available in-store.
I haven't been followning the main thread closely enough for this release, but I think part of the "low quantity" issues is that they started sticking some of these steelbooks in these sets.
I used to (on avg) see about 5-6 standard steelbooks at Targets with previous DC releases. With this one, I'm seeing about 3-4 standard releases and 1-2 figurine sets per store. So these figurine sets are pulling from the total standard edition availability. But that's only my theory. I have no insider info on this. Maybe @Wreck or Andy could fill in any details if they have any insider knowledge from Target regarding this particular release.

I'll be on the search again later today for more standard editions on my lunch and after work and I will report to Andy with my findings in which he'll continue to keep people up-to-date.
Thanks!

Yeah then put me down for the figure and steelbook one

image.jpg

Your Gods and Monsters (or most of them anyway). Will be shipped to @apsmith21 soon!

Andy, I'd be willing to take 1 with a figurine, if that will help.

Thanks!

Yeah, I don't mind having one either with/without the figure either. So whatever helps everyone get a copy is fine by me. Really appreciate all of the help and effort here. Cheers.

It certainly would. I will follow up with you guys (and everyone else) once costs are know from AJ.

Thanks again for the patience, will try and update the thread soon as well once the final count is known (I found another steelbook & figure at a store out of my normal area yesterday)

I found 3 more regular and an extra figurine over the weekend and I'll be shipping to Andy today. Got them all bubble wrapped. Just need a sturdy box and a short line at the post office (hopefully). :rofl::D

Reactions: apsmith21
Hey everyone, list has been updated - reserve list - we should have copies for you, just being cautious.

@sminister package will arrive today and thanks to @Dano we have two more copies with figures. I picked up one as well, but the box was cut by the spiderwrap (steelbook should be fine).

Anwyay, I'll catch up with everyone soon once I verify all items have arrived safely and can work my way through the list...

Another day or so and we'll start invoicing (and those that asked to be combined with other GB items, as well).

Thanks

Reactions: sminister and Dano
Status
Not open for further replies.