Cloverfield (15th Anniversary) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [USA]

Stygian

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jul 20, 2016
Canada
Release date: January 17, 2023
Purchase links: Walmart - Bull Moose - Best Buy - Amazon
Price: $21.47 (Walmart - Amazon) - $27.97 (Bull Moose) - $23.99 (Best Buy)
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

71CcaKEm8sL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
nope, unfortunately the US edition is once again nicer than the EU one lol

theyre pretty similar at first glance tho admittedly
Is it the EU with the different PET art or just France? Has it been confirmed?

This is the one I want too and was hoping just France was being different. With no idea on when the U.K. one is announced and the artwork it’s hard to tell

Is it the EU with the different PET art or just France? Has it been confirmed?

This is the one I want too and was hoping just France was being different. With no idea on when the U.K. one is announced and the artwork it’s hard to tell
no idea tbh.. oh specifically because of the statue of liberty? really no clue lol

id say theres a good chance that the us one ends up being better and cheaper even after intercontinental shipping

Reactions: Flloydo
no idea tbh.. oh specifically because of the statue of liberty? really no clue lol
Possibly. Or like you said it’s the US with the different PET art. Too early to tell considering the only 2 countries to announce it have used alternate artworks
id say theres a good chance that the us one ends up being better and cheaper even after intercontinental shipping
Possibly but that’s the issue, I’d rather order form the U.K.

I can join a GB for this if the U.K. ends up being different but then I also need to wait on another 2 releases I want and that bugs me

Possibly. Or like you said it’s the US with the different PET art. Too early to tell considering the only 2 countries to announce it have used alternate artworks

Possibly but that’s the issue, I’d rather order form the U.K.

I can join a GB for this if the U.K. ends up being different but then I also need to wait on another 2 releases I want and that bugs me
Very often they will pop up on ebay too. I remember waiting on the Underworld 4k set. Uk still doesn't actually have one although Zavvi had it listed for ages. I think they cancelled the orders after pushing it back loads, but they were US imports anyway. I ended up finding someone selling them on ebay for a reasonable price and with an ebay discount code too. It ended up costing me less than what zavvi charged. But as for actually importing from US. I only would do as a last resort. Cough where the **** is Hard Target, In Bruges and im sure there are more we still don't have.

I’ve just noticed that both of the steelbooks are different too. Not just the PETs

It’s a different image of clovie on both. The rest of the image with the buildings are the same though

93BE75A3-8C7B-4F38-960A-E0A6D1184050.jpeg

6E7F9566-F7A4-4ED1-913E-5A225EA85EBD.jpeg

I prefer the french steel design with the US slip lol! Of course!

Amazon and Walmart price is now $19.94
Other USA retailers prices are $26 to $28

Amazon and Walmart are price matching each other

Wow we get absolutely shafted here in the EU. More expensive steels with worse finishes. Cool…
Is there a group buy for this?
Just buy it off Amazon with 'gift' wrapping. If you do it now, while it's in preorder stage, you'll get it for $17.52 or £14, more than twice less than the UK version.

It's $21.46 on amazon not $17.52.....
And that isn't accounting for shipping. Which gift wrapping will double. And when I ordered gift wrapping for my Hunger games to go from Italy to UK it still came in a card sleeve anyway... Luckily undamaged. Quite honestly the cost of importing from America to UK when you factor in shipping honestly isn't worth the added wait and stress of the increased odds of it being damaged.

It's $21.46 on amazon not $17.52.....
Lowest price before during preorder was 17.52, that's what they'll charge you.
Before anyone says 'that's not how it works', it is, and has been for me for more than 20 years. I can 'preorder' on the last day and get a price of 2 months ago.

And that isn't accounting for shipping. Which gift wrapping will double. And when I ordered gift wrapping for my Hunger games to go from Italy to UK it still came in a card sleeve anyway... Luckily undamaged. Quite honestly the cost of importing from America to UK when you factor in shipping honestly isn't worth the added wait and stress of the increased odds of it being damaged.
Yes, that's without shipping, because everyone ships to a different place, they should account for it themselves.
Gift wrapping is just $4, but with shipping of $8, and VAT being added by Amazon, it does all run up to the same £30 at this price right now, which sucks for UK residents. But one could use a freight forwarder, send there for free, accumulate a few kgs of releases, and receive them for the price of one shipment, with severely marked down prices (basically what you write, is how they'll fill out the customs form, it can be $1.99 bargain bin discs).

Did the design change for either the US or EU edition later on? Could've sworn I read talk about there being design differences to the front of the steel, but that in hand US steel looks exactly the same as the UK mockup.

EDIT - perhaps just france with a different/incorrect mockup

Last edited:
Did the design change for either the US or EU edition later on? Could've sworn I read talk about there being design differences to the front of the steel, but that in hand US steel looks exactly the same as the UK mockup.

EDIT - perhaps just france with a different/incorrect mockup

I’ve just noticed that both of the steelbooks are different too. Not just the PETs

It’s a different image of clovie on both. The rest of the image with the buildings are the same though

View attachment 545546

View attachment 545547

I prefer the french steel design with the US slip lol! Of course!

Still not sure if france is wrong or not but here’s the 2 mockups

Just buy it off Amazon with 'gift' wrapping. If you do it now, while it's in preorder stage, you'll get it for $17.52 or £14, more than twice less than the UK version.
I got it at $17.52 because I ordered straight away and with another item so with VAT and shipping/ import fees on top mine comes to around £21.82 when I get charged this week. Not sure where this £14 is coming from. The U.K. is £33 so as far as I can see the cheapest I can get it for is just over £11 less than the U.K. version

Lowest price before during preorder was 17.52, that's what they'll charge you.
Before anyone says 'that's not how it works', it is, and has been for me for more than 20 years. I can 'preorder' on the last day and get a price of 2 months ago.
Ain’t no way they would charge someone the lowest when they didn’t pre order it or have it pre ordered when it hits the lowest.

That’s not how amazon works. Otherwise I’d get money back on everything I order

I got it at $17.52 because I ordered straight away and with another item so with VAT and shipping/ import fees on top mine comes to around £21.82 when I get charged this week. Not sure where this £14 is coming from. The U.K. is £33 so as far as I can see the cheapest I can get it for is just over £11 less than the U.K. version

Ain’t no way they would charge someone the lowest when they didn’t pre order it or have it pre ordered when it hits the lowest.

22 quid is a good price to be fair. Can't argue with that.

You are correct
Pre-order Price Guarantee, the price we charge when we ship it to you will be the lowest price offered by Amazon between the time you placed your order and the end of the day of the release date.
Sometimes Amazon will extend price drops that happen 1-2 days after release date but not always when that happens they will refund you the difference if payment was already taken and order dispatched

If price was cheaper before you pre ordered you don't get that lower price unless it happens to drop again to that price at some stage after you pre ordered and release date
Amazon changes prices a good few times during pre order stage