May 3, 2011
Montreal
Release date: February 27, 2018
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $29.99

coco.jpg

Pixar-Coco-4K-Blu-ray-Image.png

Last edited:
I wish you worked for Scanovo making artwork for steelbooks.

here here!

Brilliant! As always!

This is gorgeous. Hope Blufans or Kimchi use this art for a lenti. Either would be fantastic.

I just saw the film and would love to pick up at least a steelbook for it - I may end up going for a Blufans (for the first time!) or another Asian retailer, because my collection could really use some more colour :D I do like the BB art but I'd prefer something like @Noodle's mock-up.

@Noodles Sometimes I HATE looking at your concepts! :banghead: :D They're amazing! And for this film, I'd love to own a premium edition with this artwork! :drool: Keep up the incredible work Amigo! :cool: :thumbs:
Thank you all for the positive feedback. It's much appreciated! :)

As is usually the case with Disney/Pixar movies, there's some gorgeous poster art available, so I'm very excited to see any Premium Editions. :D

• Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007
First time I'm seeing this and I actually really like the current mock-up artwork, although I would prefer something more vibrant for the steelbook.

Here's my concept...

Nice!

I would use the same back image. For the front cover, I would use the puddle poster, and spot gloss the puddle and lights. Debossing could be done on the puddle, allowing the title to be embossed.

Reactions: Noodles
Seeing the back and interior of this one made me change my mind, I fully want to pick it up, now. The premiums no doubt will look great but I think I'll probably be satisfied with the BB release.

• Thanks
Reactions: goufcustom
Wow!
Dead elegant (lol) with all the colour inside which suits me just fine and the much more complex and dark artwork on the outside..

I don't mind this newish habit of zooming in on a certain section of the front artwork and putting it in big on the back - Mondo BLADE RUNNER 2049 being another recent example.
comment_88810_attachment_images_1.png

There's also the original name of the film that Disney tried to trademark . . . the non-English "DIA DE LOS MUERTOS" . . . and a whole shopping list of merchandise with the logo of this sacred Latino festival . . . seriously?! An idea that offended just about every right-thinking person and cartoons were produced to commemorate such crass stupidity:-

looks great, and somehow the styles makes me think that it's blufans's, anyway how did you do that embossed title? photoshop? illustrator?
Thanks! I do everything in Photoshop. :)

View attachment 353417

agreed with @caravaggiooo see the back and inside art, this has potential to become really really nice steelbook, with proper embossed, gloss finished and we may not need the Blufans after all! (i'm joking actually lol)

View attachment 353418
this target exclusive looks nice too!
Love the illustrated steel art, but it desperately needs a gloss finish, otherwise it's going to look very dull IMO. I'm also really liking that Target edition! Wish the UK got those type of exclusives for Disney films.

• Thanks
Reactions: goufcustom
Love the illustrated steel art, but it desperately needs a gloss finish, otherwise it's going to look very dull IMO.

Definitely agreed there. I'm normally not ultra picky about the finish but if this isn't glossy it'll be a deal-breaker...

Is there a pattern to the finishes of Disney/Pixar steels? Do they usually have gloss and/or embossing?

This is going to be an outstanding release all around!
Bit strong as it goes . . . "outstanding release" I'd agree if the 4K disc was included as an alternative steelbook.

Beggars belief that there aren't two options for this wildly popular film . . . I mean, OK, keep flogging the 3D discs but as the 4K disc inside the Amaray has already been announced for the US, Canada and Australia it would be the decent thing for Disney to include it inside their so-called premium release aka the steelbook.

Bit strong as it goes . . . "outstanding release" I'd agree if the 4K disc was included as an alternative steelbook.

Beggars belief that there aren't two options for this wildly popular film . . . I mean, OK, keep flogging the 3D discs but as the 4K disc inside the Amaray has already been announced for the US, Canada and Australia it would be the decent thing for Disney to include it inside their so-called premium release aka the steelbook.

So how many "everything" steelbooks have there been?

You all want the 4K+3D+2D plus full gloss with embossing/debossing with that absolute one perfect steelbook design with the colours that really pop. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

How many such releases have you had so far?

And if you got it, you'd still find something to b**** about.
Like the PRICE!

Maybe you'll all get your wishes some time in the next decade or so. :LOL:

So how many "everything" steelbooks have there been?

You all want the 4K+3D+2D plus full gloss with embossing/debossing with that absolute one perfect steelbook design with the colours that really pop. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

How many such releases have you had so far?

And if you got it, you'd still find something to b**** about.
Like the PRICE!

Maybe you'll all get your wishes some time in the next decade or so. :LOL:

Don't get your knickers in a twist.
the point being made was that that this is NOT an outstanding release because there's no 4K steelbook option.
Get it !?
More clear I cannot get.

Don't get your knickers in a twist.
the point being made was that that this is NOT an outstanding release because there's no 4K steelbook option.
Get it !?
More clear I cannot get.

I am so glad I am not being forced to pay for 4K disc that I will never use